5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Step Install Doc and Pics

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This will fit the Rebel; you think? 2019 version

Just noticed no one who's posted has the Rebel.

The part number you gave, at least at Moparamerica looks to be 2018. 2019 version is 82215289AD. I am sure it is the same, since everyone (here) has a 2019.

thanks

It will fit. It’s not trim specific. There is a new one coming out because the old model interferes with a wiring harness so they need to make a slight adjustment. When the new one is released later this month it will work just fine.

Jakehale

Reaction score
I checked today with my dealer. Nada...... so not sure when they will be in. As far as the re-engineering; It more than most is a term used to raise the price up a hundred bucks!

Looking forward to getting one, but I will just have to wait for it and just enjoy all of these post from you lucky souls who got one already......

Jhaney

Reaction score
Got mine installed today. Easy peesy. Didn’t need a jack and prolly 1” from the exhaust when closed.

Jakehale

Reaction score
What funny is I am out of state and thought I'd swing by a local dealer here. basically got the same answer, nada. but what got me was the part number he said what was the bumper step should be available today, and drum roll........................ the price was 600 dollars! I about crapped myself. I asked him to check again, even gave him what I thought would be the part number based on internet searches (basically that same part number listed in this thread with an AD at then end) and he still said $600. that is one heck of a price increase!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ranger482

Reaction score
If that's the case I'll go with the aftermarket bumper with the integrated step cutouts for about the same price.

Bram2019

Reaction score
Not true. The updated part is still the same price. But engineering review is not over until April 1, 2019. That is for the part number with the AD on the end.. So unavailable. Might be waiting for sub contractor to make it. Who knows. The original part with the AB on the end can be had from some dealers across the country. FCA warehouses will not currently ship that part to dealers.

Rich

Reaction score
It's interesting that I contacted AMP about their bed step. They are also redesigning theirs, so it's been on hold.

I have to wonder if AMP is making the RAM OEM step, but when I asked, their answer was ambiguous and simply said that they do make some OEM parts, but didn't directly answer my questions.

Considering that both are under redesign, it makes you wonder if AMP is making the RAM OEM version also.

tango1179

Reaction score
So I got my Mopar bed Step..i.e., "Step Kit-Side - 82215289AB ", yesterday and mounted it. Took a couple of pictures of the mounting points. Just three bolts hold it on. Attached are the included mounting instructions and a couple of pictures.

In a nutshell:

1. Remove one existing bolt
2. Move the wire bundle (looks to be a groove in the back plate of the step to account for the wires, but I couldn't mount it without moving the wires to the side)
3. Mount the Step with the provided Three 7/8" head bolts (mounting points noted in first pic)

The top rear bolt is mounted in the frame rail, so you have to thread it blind holding the handle welded to the provided nut (see second pic). A bit of a pain, but not too bad.

Fitment is good and doesn't hit or touch anything that I can see.

I like it. I think I will order the Mopar Bed Grab handle to go with it. Wife wants something a little better to pull herself up with. She was a little spoiled with the pull out step and handle in our F150.

Edit: Added a few pics of the installed step
I ordered this on my Laramie that is due in any day now. Since you actually have one, I can ask the question of how sturdy is it? I weigh about 350 on a good day. Will it hold my weight?

Jakehale

Reaction score
Not true. The updated part is still the same price. But engineering review is not over until April 1, 2019. That is for the part number with the AD on the end.. So unavailable. Might be waiting for sub contractor to make it. Who knows. The original part with the AB on the end can be had from some dealers across the country. FCA warehouses will not currently ship that part to dealers.

Well the Part number he printed out and gave me is 68276196-AA Step Kit 23034004 $624.00

I just tried to google the number and I received no hits. but he said that was the step. even described it as the one that pushes out and goes up.
Now please don't be shooting me up. I am only saying what was told to me. I even have the print out in my hand.

I hope your the correct on Bram2019, because the price is a little steap

Chris

Reaction score
Going forward, keep in mind that a new larger bed step that is intended to be used with the multifunction tailgate will also be offered; not sure if there will be anything obvious in the name to differentiate the small corner bed step from the large center bed step.

Bram2019

Reaction score
Well the Part number he printed out and gave me is 68276196-AA Step Kit 23034004 $624.00

I just tried to google the number and I received no hits. but he said that was the step. even described it as the one that pushes out and goes up.
Now please don't be shooting me up. I am only saying what was told to me. I even have the print out in my hand.

I hope your the correct on Bram2019, because the price is a little steap
I am sure that is the oem replacement part, not the Mopar accessory. Those parts are marketed and priced differently than Mopar accessory parts. They are always priced higher. I do not know why. Check Mopar America for the accessory part number. https://www.moparamerica.com/oem-parts/mopar-2019-ram-1500-dt-bed-step-kit-side-82215289ab will fit, but search this site for wiring workaround. There is a newer part on engineering hold to fix the wiring harness issue.

Jakehale

Reaction score
Well, looks like moparamerica.com is flashing "WE HAVE 2019 RAM 1500 BED STEPS IN STOCK!!!!! PART # 82215289AB!!!!!!!! GET EM WHILE THEY LAST!!!! " at the top of their web page. So I took the plunge on that since it is the part that just about everyone in here has gotten. I'm hoping they actually do have them in stock and I will get one before too long.

I will still be very curious as to what the newer version will total out too.

Yog

Reaction score
Followed your lead and just ordered one from them as well. Crossing fingers it really IS in stock and gets shipped soon.

blkv3tt3

Reaction score
Thanks Jakehale!!

Just ordered one, my order went through and is in processing...we shall see!

jason372923

Reaction score
I ordered mine last week from Moparamerica.com and it came in on Thursday without any issues. Got it installed yesterday and works perfectly.

Jakehale

Reaction score
Thanks Jakehale!!

Just ordered one, my order went through and is in processing...we shall see!

Yeah, mine went through and just got an email that says it should ship tomorrow. Glad i was able to grab one before the go out of stock again.... at least at this point that is what it seems.

A lot of great information on this board and was glad i found it..

midntrdr

Reaction score
I order one yesterday and crossed my fingers that the order wouldn’t get cancelled. I received a shipping confirmation with a tracking number this afternoon. PS - the 5% off coupon code posted a couple pages back works and almost covered the shipping cost. Dodgeforum5%

Users who are viewing this thread