5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Step Install Doc and Pics

SP1772

Reaction score
So... tried to install the bedstep tonight after work. Could not break the 2 bolts loose. Used a breaker bar, just an awkward spot to get any leverage. Especially tough with the exhaust still being hot from the drive home. Did anyone else have any trouble removing the 2 existing bolts for the AF? Will try again tomorrow when I have more patience and energy.

SP1772

Reaction score
No, but I used a 17" long, 1/2" drive, breaker bar:)

Went back outside and installed it successfully. Bolts came off with ease using the torque wrench. Was avoiding using the torque wrench to break them loose because somebody had told me that it could mess up the calibration of the wrench. ‍Oh well.

Taegee2

Reaction score
Everyone seems to be back ordered. Found on eBay for $300 with free shipping (Just Search for Mopar 82215289AF and there's only one vendor that has a few left now...it's the new version as I confirmed it with the seller) By the time you pay for shipping at the other sites, it's pretty much the same, a few dollars difference. Just ordered mine.

Last edited:

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The latest Mopar bed step is now 82215289AG. I ordered through my local dealer and picked it up Saturday, August 3, 2019. Installed it next day. Perfect!

SP1772

Reaction score
The latest Mopar bed step is now 82215289AG. I ordered through my local dealer and picked it up Saturday, August 3, 2019. Installed it next day. Perfect!
Did it look like the “F”?

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did it look like the “F”?

Yes, from what I can tell. I do not have an AF to compare it to. The AG has the locating pin and bolts up using the two long bolts already on the truck plus the third bolt which comes with the step. Works just like it should.

DavidNJ

Reaction score

75315-01a_6.jpg

And you might like this also:

75413-01a_v1_6.jpg

mel_sanchez

Reaction score
Thanks for the share! Was looking for a step by step tutorial with photos and happy to found it here.

epmd

Reaction score
Everyone seems to be back ordered. Found on eBay for $300 with free shipping (Just Search for Mopar 82215289AF and there's only one vendor that has a few left now...it's the new version as I confirmed it with the seller) By the time you pay for shipping at the other sites, it's pretty much the same, a few dollars difference. Just ordered mine.
How did that work out. I think I ordered from the same dealer. Should get mine next week.

KSOTI

Reaction score

75315-01a_6.jpg

And you might like this also:

75413-01a_v1_6.jpg
I installed the amp bed step and I'm happy with it. Paid 260 it arrived in a couple days from auto accessories garage. Installation was easy. be advised you do have to substitute of the M8 bolts for a longer one 44 millimeters Will do it nicely. Easy step up and down plenty of surface area.

sic_infested

Reaction score
So apparently the multifunction tailgate is an option that you cant get the factory bed step with. But online dodge has trucks at shows with a step and the multifunction tailgate. I complained to my dealer as I picked the bed utility group that I'm paying full price for this option and losing a part of it. They said theyll install one for me for free. I get the truck on tursday and I guess well see what I find.

Jhaney

Reaction score
So apparently the multifunction tailgate is an option that you cant get the factory bed step with. But online dodge has trucks at shows with a step and the multifunction tailgate. I complained to my dealer as I picked the bed utility group that I'm paying full price for this option and losing a part of it. They said theyll install one for me for free. I get the truck on tursday and I guess well see what I find.
It’s a nice must have even if you have to buy it and install yourself. Especially for us older guys. Lol

sic_infested

Reaction score
I was willing to buy it but I spoke to the dealer and my sales guy told me that when you pick the multifunction tail gate you dont get it. But when you pick the bed utility group it's supposed to come with it. And because the option didnt say its removed hed mention it to the manager and see if they'd do something for me. Lucky enough they did. Cant wait for this.

John

Reaction score
Although I don't use the bed step very often, it works great when I do! Very glad I bought it. I'm 71 and installed it myself. Pretty straightforward.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/