5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Step Install Doc and Pics

grinch72

Reaction score
Now it looks like 82215289AF will be the latest part number once it comes out (if it ever comes out) https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/82215289af.html
My understanding is that they are usually all the same parts and FCA simply changes the last letter based on supplier. As they change suppliers they change the last letter in this case E to F. I don't not think it is a new or redesigned part.

Twoamen

Reaction score
Just got mine from Dealer yesterday. Factory releasing the supposedly new design. I looked at it and for all practical purposes it does not look any different from prior pictures. Box it was shipped in, looked like it was drug all the way from Korea. (yep made in Korea). Spec sheet does say 125 ft pd torque. You will have to have someone hold the truck down to keep from sliding it around with that kind of torque.

Rich

Reaction score
Now it looks like 82215289AF will be the latest part number once it comes out (if it ever comes out) https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/82215289af.html

Yes, I've been tracking this part since it was at AB I believe!

I went to my dealer today and he found it's up to AF now, with a May 18th (if I remember the day correctly) date. Of course, it will probably change again by then! He says the May date is only to get more info, not guaranteed to be the release date!

grinch72

Reaction score
Yes, I've been tracking this part since it was at AB I believe!

I went to my dealer today and he found it's up to AF now, with a May 18th (if I remember the day correctly) date. Of course, it will probably change again by then! He says the May date is only to get more info, not guaranteed to be the release date!
It’s not a new part. Just a new manufacturer. Every time they change suppliers the change the last letter. The AB part and the AF part will be identical outside of the supplier.

Rich

Reaction score
So they can't find a supplier? AB to AF and counting? LOL

It keeps saying it's on engineering redesign! Is it so hard to do for the DT truck?

grinch72

Reaction score
So they can't find a supplier? AB to AF and counting? LOL

It keeps saying it's on engineering redesign! Is it so hard to do for the DT truck?
I just got an AD from my dealer. I thought I had seen someone on one of the forums with an AE. I’m calling engineering hold a BS term for they are using them on new builds first. Plenty of new trucks on the lots with them and new orders are getting them. They just aren’t released to the aftermarket supply chain.

Rich

Reaction score
I just got an AD from my dealer. I thought I had seen someone on one of the forums with an AE. I’m calling engineering hold a BS term for they are using them on new builds first. Plenty of new trucks on the lots with them and new orders are getting them. They just aren’t released to the aftermarket supply chain.

That's interesting! I wonder why?

Are you sure it's an AD? Post a picture? Perhaps I can put some pressure on with a little proof?

grinch72

Reaction score
That's interesting! I wonder why?

Are you sure it's an AD? Post a picture? Perhaps I can put some pressure on with a little proof?
I tossed the box but I should've taken a pic. The part number was definitely an AD on the cardboard box it came in. Do you know if its stamped anywhere on the bed step itself? I can take a look and get a pic from that.

Rich

Reaction score
I tossed the box but I should've taken a pic. The part number was definitely an AD on the cardboard box it came in. Do you know if its stamped anywhere on the bed step itself? I can take a look and get a pic from that.
No worries! How did you happen to get one delivered? I've been told it's on perpetual redesign!

grinch72

Reaction score
No worries! How did you happen to get one delivered? I've been told it's on perpetual redesign!
My dealer got it. I called them months ago asking for one. They kept telling me the same thing, engineering hold, this hold, that hold... they finally called a few weeks ago and said they had one?? I have no idea how they got it.

MDBumblebee

Reaction score
Got mine from moparamerica. It was the AB I ordered, don't know if they sent the AE though. Only got one bolt at 124 on my torque wrench but the others must be real close. Should be fine.

Ranger482

Reaction score
Got mine from moparamerica. It was the AB I ordered, don't know if they sent the AE though. Only got one bolt at 124 on my torque wrench but the others must be real close. Should be fine.
Same with me, ordered back in February and received in about a week. AB part through Moparamerica. Tight as a 3/4" ratchet can get it with some blue threadlocker. Not going anywhere.

DM-SC

Reaction score
I got my AB step from Moparamerica mid March.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

TMD78

Reaction score
Ordered from MoparAmerica last week, but they cancelled saying out of stock and extended backorder. Happened to luck out and find one brand new on my local craigslist though! I just got done installing it, not sure if/when it may have changed, but my rebel 12 had the nuts welded in place already so I didn’t need the loose nut or the “handle nut” for the install at all. I believe my build date was mid February.

Txy

Reaction score
Just called 2 dealers to see if they had any in stock. $624 o_O

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just called 2 dealers to see if they had any in stock. $624 o_O

I got mine next day from my dealer for under $300 with tax. Forgot the exact amount. Something like $280. I bought it with my Mopar side steps and together they were under $800 with tax.

Users who are viewing this thread