5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Step Install Doc and Pics

Bram2019

Reaction score
Just called 2 dealers to see if they had any in stock. $624 o_O
You are being quoted for the number in the regular parts catalog. You need the Mopar accessory. Part number 82215289AB or 82215289AF. Either should be able to be ordered shortly.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think the one that is $624 might be the new one that comes with the new split tailgate, it's actually bigger and mounts towards the center of the bed?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I get that but that step does look much different than the one's we all have...just mounted a bit different and certainly not worth over $300 more so I really do think the dealers were adding in an installation cost as nothing else makes much sense.

DM-SC

Reaction score
I've stated this before...

I had a Honda Ridgeline before my 2019 Ram. The swinging tailgate (and the in bed trunk) is something I really miss.

I think the split gate is great. It fixes my only gripe about the Ridgeline swing gate. It can be opened in a shorter space.

I was always looking around for cars when I was loading something into the bed of the Ridgeline, when I was in a public space. The tailgate was way out there!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I love the idea of the split tailgate but hate the off-center line. If they have it 50/50 so it was symmetrical I would be into it.

DM-SC

Reaction score
I love the idea of the split tailgate but hate the off-center line. If they have it 50/50 so it was symmetrical I would be into it.
I'd rather have the much harder to see gap offset. An offset handle would look a lot more odd.

I'm old enough to remember when pretty much everyone laughed and/or gagged at the idea of a 4 door pickup.

Times, and opinions, have certainly changed.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Txy

Reaction score
For the bed step?
YES! I couldn't believe it. I gave them the part numbers that were referenced previously on here and told them that the last letter at the end varies between B-F. I might just have to go in and see if what they are looking at is the same as what I asked them about. One of the dealers told me they have 157 of them at their distribution warehouse in Detroit.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
YES! I couldn't believe it. I gave them the part numbers that were referenced previously on here and told them that the last letter at the end varies between B-F. I might just have to go in and see if what they are looking at is the same as what I asked them about. One of the dealers told me they have 157 of them at their distribution warehouse in Detroit.

Moparamerica shows in stock and if you use dodgeforum5% promo you get an extra 5%

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully installed a bed step who also has the Magnaflow Exhaust? I have read the step interferes and hits the bigger magnaflow exhaust tips vs stock

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully installed a bed step who also has the Magnaflow Exhaust? I have read the step interferes and hits the bigger magnaflow exhaust tips vs stock
I have both. If I let it go back hard it does tap the pipe as it goes up. Doesn’t hit if I retract the step back slow. It’s not touching when it is stored.

Users who are viewing this thread