5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backup Camera Not Working

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I also have this happening to my 2021 Ram 1500 Longhorn. System did an update and now my cameras are not working with the blue screen saying "Camera System Unavailable".

Disconnected the battery. Nothing.
Soft Reset. Nothing.

Help? @RamCares
When you disconnected the battery how long did you wait before you tried the backup camera ?

K12

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Lamarie Sport and I hooked some lights up and my backup stopped working. The app doesnt show on my screen.

afonda

Reaction score
Trying to revive this thread... I am having the same problem... very random black screen "Camera System Unavailable". and it's all the cameras, not just the backup camera. Dealer wants to replace the head unit (radio) which is the 8.4 screen. My truck is a 2020 Power Wagon with the 360 surround cameras. I have taken the time to grease (dielectric grease) all the connections inside the tailgate and under the rear bumper for the camera system which made no difference. Still getting the random black screen. Any updates that we know of to fix this ??

Blotonyod12

Reaction score
I also tried disconnecting the battery for a couple of hours. It hasn't helped.

afonda

Reaction score
So Ram put a new radio in my truck... since I got it back last week, no camera blackout so far... fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread