5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backup Camera Not Working

My1stRam

Reaction score
2021 1500 Bighorn 5.7L w/ eTorque - purchased new on 10/24/20. About a month later the backup camera failed (blank screen). Shifted into park and back into reverse still nothing. The following day it was working normally. Above freezing temps during this period. Normal operation from that day forward... that is until today. Same thing - blank black screen. Again, I shifted into park and back into reverse still nothing. I went to the "control" page, and selected back up camera. I got the same thing as I got shifting into reverse (blank screen). Hopefully, it will decide to start working again soon. Current odometer = 12,035 miles.

I guess I'll start keeping a log of these malfunctions - as others with similar problems have suggested - but I'm not happy about it!!!

21Laramie96

Reaction score
My backup camera started malfunctioning yesterday. The screen is black then goes to a blue screen saying the camera system not available. I have reset the Uconnect system twice and still nothing. I took it to the dealership and they had not seen that error in a few years. I only have 2800 miles on it.

21 laramie 12inch uconnect

Phys224

Reaction score
Mine has not worked on two occasions so far, inc today. Came back on the third restart of the day after sitting all day at work. There was just no camera feed, the rear view mirror camera was OK. 2100 miles, BTS, 12” display.

Nozzleman

Reaction score
Have you guys figured out a fix for this? It just happened to me.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just happened to me. A little over 1k miles on my brand new rebel. Not happy about this

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ve heard that some of the cameras have a loose connection in the tailgate . Some people have just had to push the connection together .

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m gonna try that. Crazy I only have my truck since 6/15

Nozzleman

Reaction score
Mine worked for a split second testers then stopped again, ugh!

Dodgeramfan

Reaction score
Same problem on my 2021 Bighorn. Dealer replaced camera over a month ago and no issues since then.

Dadeoo

Reaction score
There is an open recall out on the backup camera not working, especially on those with reverse trailer steering controller. Check with Ram to see if your vehicle was included.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine has been working since the one incident

Mirowpl

Reaction score
Hummm. My stopped working after they did a reset of the system to fix the navigation voice wh always defaulted to higheat volume after turning the truck off. they asked me did I mind unhooking th battery again to reset everything. I live 35 miles away from dealershi. So the reset fixed the back up camera, but the darn Navigation voice went back to resetting to highest volume again after turning the truck off. I guess their is a bigger issu??

tsc74

Reaction score
I had my backup camera go out on me this evening for the first time after 10k miles. I hit the tune and power buttons on my 2021 BTS Ram w/ 12" screen and it worked like a champ.

Rickkoch1983

Reaction score
403 miles on my 2021 Dodge 1500 Laramie Sport and backup camera just took a ****. Looked up recalls and NOTHING on my VIN. Hopefully the dealership will take care of it because this is crazy

zetrad35

Reaction score
Have 1700 miles on my Laramie Second time the camera has given me black screen. Reset with the time and volume reboot. Is there anything else I should do?

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
403 miles on my 2021 Dodge 1500 Laramie Sport and backup camera just took a ****. Looked up recalls and NOTHING on my VIN. Hopefully the dealership will take care of it because this is crazy
Have 1700 miles on my Laramie Second time the camera has given me black screen. Reset with the time and volume reboot. Is there anything else I should do?
My backup camera went out on me shortly after I got my truck . It was out for a few hours but before I could call the dealership to make an appointment it started working again and has never done it again . That was about 2 years ago . I have absolutely no idea why but it just seemed like it reset everything itself .

feuerdog

Reaction score
2022 Bighorn w/8.4 Uconnect

My backup camera has blue screened “unavailable” on three separate occasions.

First time - it fixed itself the following day.
Second time - I fixed it by wiggling the harness connection between the tailgate and the bed.
Third time - I checked the connection at the bed but it didn’t fix it.
The next day it was working fine.

I can’t relate the failure to tailgate use, temperature, or running time.

Hopefully they get a Service bulletin out for this.

EklipzHorizn

Reaction score
'22 Ram 1500 Bighorn w/ 8.4 Uconnect 5
I just lost my back up camera to the Blue Screen this morning. Temps are in the 40s with a raining cold front last night. I've only got 745 miles....

Users who are viewing this thread