5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B2Fab resonator delete kit

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
My delete pipes and tips came today :) Will try to do the install tomorrow and will post more afterwards.

19TXLimited

Reaction score
My delete pipes and tips came today :) Will try to do the install tomorrow and will post more afterwards.

Really want to see more of the black tips installed. Thinking about pulling the trigger on them if they really add a lot to the look of the truck...I'm guessing they will be a purely cosmetic upgrade with no effect to sound.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Really want to see more of the black tips installed. Thinking about pulling the trigger on them if they really add a lot to the look of the truck...I'm guessing they will be a purely cosmetic upgrade with no effect to sound.
Purely cosmetic...no sound impact. The resonator delete pipes will impact the sound. I looked at one of the tips in the box and it looks AMAZING! I am looking forward to getting them on the truck.

Reaction score

You are so lucky!!! Mine have not even come across the border yet... Shipping logistics are funny.

I live 4.5hrs away from Highland Michigan, but my shipment has to go to Chicago, IL (I'm assuming to O'Hare Airport) get loaded on a plane and then flown to Toronto (Pearson Airport probably). Get sorted and handed to the local mail carrier (Canada Post). I understand you can fit more on a plan, but geeeeeze!!! lol

You on the other hand are roughly 17-18 hours away from Highland Michigan and got your package today haha. Mine was shipped Monday and I think you said yours was also shipped Monday as well.

So basically my shipment has to go 4.5/5 hours west to come back that 4.5 hours east back over Michigan and then to Ontario. I understand logistics (more products fit on my plan) but it just seems funny in any case.

Reaction score

Just looking at the comparison pictures that @Patsy1099 posted of the factory tips to the 5" tips it makes a huge difference. The factory tips are 4.5" (or 4" if you measure the inner diameter) and the 5" (maybe @Patsy1099 or @securityguy can confirm if it's 5" inside or outside diameter)

In any case the tips look way bigger no matter what the measurements are. Not only the size, but instead of a rolled edge with a single wall tip (factory), the B2 5" tips are double wall tapered edges. I think the double wall tips will minimize how hot the outside of the tips get (just a guess) and from my research double wall tips will affect the sound coming out of them compared to a single wall tip like our stock ones. The sound difference will probably be very minimal though. It's basically just for looks for the most part anyhow.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Ordered on Monday late in the day...shipped on Tuesday UPS Ground and delivered today. The quality of the double wall tips and the powder coat finish looks very well done and excellent quality by whomever Matt is using to do them. I just hope the finish holds up over time :) If it doesn't, I'm sure several of us will voice our concerns without hesitation.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It should, the tips don't get all that hot and powder coat (when done correctly) is good to about 250F continuous and is very durable.

Reaction score
Ordered on Monday late in the day...shipped on Tuesday UPS Ground and delivered today. The quality of the double wall tips and the powder coat finish looks very well done and excellent quality by whomever Matt is using to do them. I just hope the finish holds up over time :) If it doesn't, I'm sure several of us will voice our concerns without hesitation.

See, you product went 14+hrs further then mine, shipped out a day later and you already have yours lol. I suspect mine will not come until the middle of next week. I'm not in a rush I just find it funny haha..

Well that is good news that the quality of the tips and powder coat is good (any pictures upon arrival??). I as well hope the finish holds up, as Matt doesn't offer any guarantees on the finish (well not at least for orders coming to Canada, inside the US who knows). If the coating doesn't hold up, like you said I'm sure we will voice our concerns, and not for a negative reason but for a constructive criticism reason so he can rectify any issues with the powder coater. I'm not expecting there to be problems as the tips don't get very hot, they are double walled so that should help keep the temp even lower on the outside finish.

Even IF there is a problem, like I had mentioned before it's nothing some plastic high heat BBQ paint or similar won't fix. Many other car/truck forums that want black tips paint the tips with black BBQ paint or other high temp paint like for headers. Some of these enthusiast doing this are ones doing it on high end cars like Porsche, Corvette etc.... The price difference of $10 for the powder coated tips is worth taking the chance, now if the cost was higher like $100 for black powder coat then I don't know if I would have taken the chance on them without some sort of guarantee.

It should, the tips don't get all that hot and powder coat (when done correctly) is good to about 250F continuous and is very durable.

I agree that the powder coat should last, I checked the temp of my tips the other day in about 46F (8C for us Canadians) weather and they didn't hit 100F (37c for use Canadians). Now when the warmer temps come then who knows how hot the tips get. Would they get above 250F (121C for use Canadians lol), it's possible even more so in places with high temps in Summer like Florida for instance.

Now different powder coats will withstand different amounts of heat from my research (I'm no pro), but I've read of ones the can withstand 400F+. Matt indicated to me that the tips are good up to 280F, so I highly doubt that the exhaust tips will ever get that hot no matter where you live or how long you drive. Anything is possible, but I still think unlikely. Again, even if they do it's nothing black BBQ paint (or header paint) can't fix!!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Tried to install my delete kit today. Cut off one resonator and went to clamp on the pipe with the supplied clamp and it was too big. It is a 2 1/4" clamp but, when clamped all the way down, it is still lose and spins a bit around the pipe. Emailed Matt to get his thoughts...bummer...soo sad:cry:

Reaction score
Tried to install my delete kit today. Cut off one resonator and went to clamp on the pipe with the supplied clamp and it was too big. It is a 2 1/4" clamp but, when clamped all the way down, it is still lose and spins a bit around the pipe. Emailed Matt to get his thoughts...bummer...soo sad:cry:

That sucks I hope I don't run into the same problem. It would take a long time for me to get clamps from Michigan and since Ontario as closed all non-essential stores I can't even go to my local store.

Any pictures of the black tips?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Decided to take my truck to a shop a friend recommended to have the entire kit welded versus clamped. Sounds AMAZING...a bit more rumble and growl that the B2 Magnaflow by itself but not loud when cruising. The MCDS is a bit better in ECO but I still like it better when I manually select -8 as the gear and just leave it there. I'll take pics and some audio later. The shop was very impressed with Matt's 5" tips...they do look great(y)

19TXLimited

Reaction score
Here are before and after with the B2 Resonator Delete and the 5" Black tips. You should hear a lower rumble and throatier sound without the resonators and a slightly louder tone. I can get closer to the tips and get more sound clips if you like but it certainly a nice improvement over stock.

OEM with B2 Magnaflow Only

B2 Res Delete with 5" Black Tips

Awesome, Can you get some shots of the tips on the truck from different angles?

Users who are viewing this thread