5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B2Fab resonator delete kit

Chuck19

Reaction score
I only ask because i hear they have a patented no drone technology setup. Yeah they are pricey at $1400

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I only ask because i hear they have a patented no drone technology setup. Yeah they are pricey at $1400
I do believe they have the best "sound" technology of any manufacturer. You won't find a better made system for any truck IMPO...I just haven't heard one on a HEMI.

Reaction score
If you have small children and want the truck to have a reasonable interior sound, do NOT install this kit! It will be far louder than I think you'll like. I have it and it is a bit louder than I would like...my wife even noticed the increase in cabin noise and she normally doesn't say anything. If I had to do it again, I'd get the tips and not the delete pipes.

Wow, so you just put it on and don’t really like how loud it is already..... I hope I don’t end up with the same opinion. Is it just the exhaust note is higher inside the cab or you are getting drone? I don’t think I’d mind if it was a little louder inside the cab, but I don’t want drone. Although my last truck had 2 8” stacks and was a Cummins diesel, now that was awesome but super annoying all at the same time. I couldn’t even talk on the phone properly, but I just had to have stacks. In other words I enjoy the quietness in cab where I can talk on the phone properly and listen the music without having it at max volume. These cabs are already quiet from the factory with the acoustic glass and noise cancelling interior.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I get slight drone at lower speeds...highway driving is fine. It's not "bad" just a bit much for my liking. I'll keep it this way for a while, or until I trade it in for a TRX, but may go back to putting resonators on. I LOVE the growl it makes when stepping on the gas, but disappointed in the slight drone I'm getting:(

Reaction score
I get slight drone at lower speeds...highway driving is fine. It's not "bad" just a bit much for my liking. I'll keep it this way for a while, or until I trade it in for a TRX, but may go back to putting resonators on. I LOVE the growl it makes when stepping on the gas, but disappointed in the slight drone I'm getting:(

Yeah I’m still going to put mine on, I mean it’ a little subjectIve between people right. People hear differently. I hope I don‘t get the drone or that it is bare-able. Only one way to find out lol.. I will be keeping my stock resonators anyhow, only going to sell the black tips. That way if down the road I want to switch back it’s only a matter of getting them welded back into place.

Sp13

Reaction score
When you say "drone," are you referring to that nauseating and headache-inducing vibration you can get in the cab? Or are you referring to the volume of the exhaust? I can tolerate some increased sound, but cannot stand that annoying vibration/drone.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Reaction score
When you say "drone," are you referring to that nauseating and headache-inducing vibration you can get in the cab? Or are you referring to the volume of the exhaust? I can tolerate some increased sound, but cannot stand that annoying vibration/drone.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
That’s what I wanted to know.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
The drone is not nauseating or a vibration of any sort, but if my driving was at 35-50mph most of the day I could see it giving me a headache after a while. I do know what the difference is between drone and increased sound. I did not buy a 2018 Subaru WRX because, even during the short 10-minute test drive, it gave me a headache when it was in a certain low RPM band.

I am not saying the drone is terrible. If it was, these pipes would be coming right off in a heartbeat. It was just unexpected and I bought them because another member stated it took the MCDS "noise" away and that going into ECO mode he could no longer hear the change in tone. You may very well like the pipes and you won't know until you put them on. I, for one, wouldn't do it again knowing what I have now experienced but it's not enough for me to want to remove them...yet ;)

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The drone is not nauseating or a vibration of any sort, but if my driving was at 35-50mph most of the day I could see it giving me a headache after a while. I do know what the difference is between drone and increased sound. I did not buy a 2018 Subaru WRX because, even during the short 10-minute test drive, it gave me a headache when it was in a certain low RPM band.

I am not saying the drone is terrible. If it was, these pipes would be coming right off in a heartbeat. It was just unexpected and I bought them because another member stated it took the MCDS "noise" away and that going into ECO mode he could no longer hear the change in tone. You may very well like the pipes and you won't know until you put them on. I, for one, wouldn't do it again knowing what I have now experienced but it's not enough for me to want to remove them...yet ;)
in my opinion, any exhaust you put on these trucks that makes them louder will make the mds noise louder. I've ran my truck stock for about a week, then a muffler delete with resonators, then muffler delete without resonators, then the b2 aggressive pypes m80 muffler without resonators, and the MDS was there everytime, and was much louder than it was when it was the stock setup. The first thing i do when i drive is use the gear selectors and set it to "8" on the dash - that locks out mds. you can also get a tune to disable it. I've owned a 2018 wrx, and if you think the stock exhaust on them will give you a headache, you definitely shouldnt have deleted your resonators on your ram :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
in my opinion, any exhaust you put on these trucks that makes them louder will make the mds noise louder. I've ran my truck stock for about a week, then a muffler delete with resonators, then muffler delete without resonators, then the b2 aggressive pypes m80 muffler without resonators, and the MDS was there everytime, and was much louder than it was when it was the stock setup. The first thing i do when i drive is use the gear selectors and set it to "8" on the dash - that locks out mds. you can also get a tune to disable it. I've owned a 2018 wrx, and if you think the stock exhaust on them will give you a headache, you definitely shouldnt have deleted your resonators on your ram :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Very interesting post my friend. I always, without hesitation, use the gear selector set to 8 as soon as I put it in drive and have been since I bought the truck and discovered it prevented the truck from going into ECO mode. I don't notice the MCDS being any louder now...as a matter of fact I find it less intrusive, but the drone is now there. You cannot compare the "noise" between the WRX and the RAM...the WRX was horrible...the RAM is tolerable and not nearly as pronounced. I am also a Subaru Ambassador by the way so if you ever go to purchase another Suby, ping me first ;)

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very interesting post my friend. I always, without hesitation, use the gear selector set to 8 as soon as I put it in drive and have been since I bought the truck and discovered it prevented the truck from going into ECO mode. I don't notice the MCDS being any louder now...as a matter of fact I find it less intrusive, but the drone is now there. You cannot compare the "noise" between the WRX and the RAM...the WRX was horrible...the RAM is tolerable and not nearly as pronounced. I am also a Subaru Ambassador by the way so if you ever go to purchase another Suby, ping me first ;)
i think if we're combining road noise into all of the drone and sound in the cab, then yes the wrx is very noisy. I enjoyed the car, but decided it wasnt the car for me to live with everyday. The RAM interior is much more refined and quieter, as it should be at this price point.
Big disclosure here is that I'm 24 years old and what is drone to me may not be drone to other people on this forum :ROFLMAO: I hope you find an exhaust system that better suits your needs with your family! I never ran magnaflow, but i had a carven exhaust on my 2016 RAM. The exhaust wasn't as loud on the inside as my current setup on my 5th gen.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
i think if we're combining road noise into all of the drone and sound in the cab, then yes the wrx is very noisy. I enjoyed the car, but decided it wasnt the car for me to live with everyday. The RAM interior is much more refined and quieter, as it should be at this price point.
Big disclosure here is that I'm 24 years old and what is drone to me may not be drone to other people on this forum :ROFLMAO: I hope you find an exhaust system that better suits your needs with your family! I never ran magnaflow, but i had a carven exhaust on my 2016 RAM. The exhaust wasn't as loud on the inside as my current setup on my 5th gen.
Thanks...I have no plans to change out my exhaust as I love the B2 Magnaflow set-up I installed. Just debating how long I'll keep the delete pipes on. I'm just a few years older than you;)

jabara572

Reaction score
Mine got substantially louder with the resonator delete (flow Fx direct fit). I was actually incredibly surprised how much louder it got. It put me squarely into getting noticed when you step on it...

I feel it moved the sound "rearwards", i can actually hear it coming out the back end of the truck now and not towards the middle like the flow Fx plus resonators was.

Amazingly on my particular truck, i think MDS got QUIETER with the delete. There is more cabin noise and more noise overall, but I wouldnt say its anywhere near drone. My vette has long tubes and nothing but high flow cats, thats some drone sometimes. I like loud exhaust, but I wanted to keep this truck semi quiet for road trips, its definitely at the upper limit of what I wanted but its still pretty tame until you step on it. Overall a perfect sound for me finally. This is about how I thought the FlowFX by itself wouldve sounded, whereas it mostly just sounded like a decent "factory" exhaust with resonators.

Super happy, and finally was able to line my exhaust tips back up and make them stick out evenly with this kit.

Last edited:

Mark313

Reaction score
I just wanted to thank everyone in this thread. I just ordered the resonator delete with the SS exhaust tips. A ton of info here you made the decision easy!

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed my resonator delete pipes last night to go along with the B2 muffler I installed when the truck had like 350 miles on it. Sounds even better now. Nice deep rumble at startup and when accelerating, but on the highway between 60 and 70, I can hardly hear it at all in the cab, and as a bonus the MDS sound is quieter and less annoying as well.

It was a very snug fit getting the connections to fit and I had to put some heat to them, but I'm confident they won't leak now. The clamps that came with it were too big to tighten down securely, which I have seen at least one other member report as well, but luckily I was able to come up with some shims temporarily to make them work until I can get the correct size. I sent Matt an email to let him know in case there were other kits waiting to ship with the same size clamps. All in all, I'm very pleased with the sound now.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Installed my resonator delete pipes last night to go along with the B2 muffler I installed when the truck had like 350 miles on it. Sounds even better now. Nice deep rumble at startup and when accelerating, but on the highway between 60 and 70, I can hardly hear it at all in the cab, and as a bonus the MDS sound is quieter and less annoying as well.

It was a very snug fit getting the connections to fit and I had to put some heat to them, but I'm confident they won't leak now. The clamps that came with it were too big to tighten down securely, which I have seen at least one other member report as well, but luckily I was able to come up with some shims temporarily to make them work until I can get the correct size. I sent Matt an email to let him know in case there were other kits waiting to ship with the same size clamps. All in all, I'm very pleased with the sound now.
Interesting...he sent me two new clamps and said I was the 4th or 5th person to complain about the clamps and that he started shipping replacements from another manufacturer that will work. Guess that's not the case. I decided to have mine welded so I never tried out the new clamps to see if they really worked.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting...he sent me two new clamps and said I was the 4th or 5th person to complain about the clamps and that he started shipping replacements from another manufacturer that will work. Guess that's not the case. I decided to have mine welded so I never tried out the new clamps to see if they really worked.

Could've just been some older stock he had, or the wrong size got sent by mistake, as even tightened down all the way they spun freely. I'm definitely not upset over it as I was able to make it work for now. It was after the stores were closed last night when I finished up, so I had to come up with a solution on the spot. Once I get everything adjusted a little better to get the tips even I may look into getting it all welded as well.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
My original ones spun freely after being 100% tightened down as well. He told me he changed vendors like 2 months ago so not sure how he'd have "old stock". Let us know what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online