5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B2Fab resonator delete kit

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
The sound will definitely be no different. However, you should get at least 3 additional horses going from a 4" tip to a 5" ;)

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The sound will definitely be no different. However, you should get at least 3 additional horses going from a 4" tip to a 5" ;)

Alrighty. Slowly but surely. I busted one of my bolts on the oem clamps adjusting my tips so I am waiting on a new bolt. For the time being I thought it might be interesting to have a baseline without the tips, then another vid with the tips, so we can see whether there is any sound/tone difference. Another thing to note though is I believe temp and weather will also have an impact on sound. Once I get the tips installed I will upload a new vid

Conclusion: LOVE IT!

The current specs on this video are:
- B2Fabrication Magnaflow 14” muffler
- B2Fabrication Resonator Delete
- No tips
- 40 degrees F
- 433’ elevation
- Raining
- Cold start

here is a vid that is cold start with some revs. Tomorrow the tips go on and I’ll get some better videos when I have an assistant.:D

Ok another update. Below is a vid with the 5” SS tips finally installed . Cold start with some revs.

Last edited:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Seriously considering buying the resonator delete based on what you shared thus far referencing the MCDS "noise" going away without the resonators. Holding off buying anything right now based on the fact the world's gone insane surrounding the virus and hoping that my job isn't impacted.

chrisnack

Reaction score
Seriously considering buying the resonator delete based on what you shared thus far referencing the MCDS "noise" going away without the resonators. Holding off buying anything right now based on the fact the world's gone insane surrounding the virus and hoping that my job isn't impacted.

Curious on that, my Borla S-Type had drone from it. No resonators with that system.

Patsy1099

Reaction score
Curious on that, my Borla S-Type had drone from it. No resonators with that system.

You can still hear the MDS kick in if you have the radio off BUT it’s a completely different animal. Not annoying like it is with the resonators, at least with this muffler, and IMO. The only way to truly get rid of mds is with a tune or to shut it off manually with gear select each time you get in the truck. I have to live with it for a while and report back but so far I can say that for my ears the mds/resonator issue is fixed (mostly) with this muffler and resonator delete setup

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am now in the habit of cranking up and taping the Tow/Haul button...So much so that I forget I did it and go to do it and see that I already did it but don't remember doing it. Wish it would remain in that mode until I decide to turn it off myself instead of it defaults back to Off with new startup. This is with the stock exhaust, I don't do it to eliminate drone, I just don't like the way the truck responds with MDS, even with the pedal commander in Sport mode, I can feel the slight delay.

Quick question if anyone can tell me this...I'm after a little more exhaust note over stock, but will not tolerate ANY drone, will I accomplish this with this kit, and keep the stock muffler?

Last edited:

Patsy1099

Reaction score
I am now in the habit of cranking up and taping the Tow/Haul button...So much so that I forget I did it and go to do it and see that I already did it but don't remember doing it. Wish it would remain in that mode until I decide to turn it off myself instead of it defaults back to Off with new startup. This is with the stock exhaust, I don't do it to eliminate drone, I just don't like the way the truck responds with MDS, even with the pedal commander in Sport mode, I can feel the slight delay.

Quick question if anyone can tell me this...I'm after a little more exhaust note over stock, but will not tolerate ANY drone, will I accomplish this with this kit, and keep the stock muffler?

Hard to say because sound, especially drone, is very subjective. I’d say if you’re sensitive and don’t want ANY drone, leave it as is unless you’re willing to experiment. There are also several variables to consider. For one, whether or not you have ANC enabled. I disabled mine because of my stereo upgrade. If you still have your ANC it might go a long way at reducing in cab drone OR the exhaust might throw it out of whack and create drone. I wouldn’t personally suggest doing a resonator delete unless you are also doing a muffler upgrade. I’m not sure you gain much by just doing the resonators since they play well with the stock muffler. I honestly forget how stock sounds. If you have stock and the MDS sound annoys you I guess you can try just the resonator delete but I would personally suggest doing it as a combo deal, muffler upgrade + resonator delete.

Depending on which muffler you go with, will make a huge difference in sound and “drone”. I can only comment on the b2fab muffler (magnaflow) + the b2fab resonator delete. For me; there isn’t the kind of “drone” that you get from a true sports exhaust, driving in the highway and after an hour being a little hard of hearing. That’s me anyway. I’ve had both (on a performance car) and I don’t consider this to be that level at all. That said, you will hear it with the windows down and/or the radio off when you are accelerating. It’s not blaring loud for me but again, a bit subjective. I will get some vids revving this system and in cab sound with the windows up/down. Post them as soon as I can.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you for the detailed answer. With the stock exhaust, if I pay real close attention I can hear when it's in MDS, but it doesn't annoy me at all on how it sounds, just how it feels from being in MDS and the moment it comes out of it...Kind of hard to explain. I haven't touched anything ANC wise either, my truck is relatively quiet unless under hard acceleration, which is normal. I was hoping to get a bit more volume out of it during idle and hard accel. with just this kit versus completely stock. Guess I'll wait until someone does it first and I can get a sound clip. Again, thank you for your reply.

I have been down many exhaust roads in the past with various other vehicles, including my SRT8 I currently have, and I ended up back with its' stock exhaust. But, with the stroker motor, and catless, it has plenty of volume. I like a good exhaust tone (subjective) but not a ton of volume, and cannot stand any drone (headache). Not as young as I used to be, lol.

Patsy1099

Reaction score
Thank you for the detailed answer. With the stock exhaust, if I pay real close attention I can hear when it's in MDS, but it doesn't annoy me at all on how it sounds, just how it feels from being in MDS and the moment it comes out of it...Kind of hard to explain. I haven't touched anything ANC wise either, my truck is relatively quiet unless under hard acceleration, which is normal. I was hoping to get a bit more volume out of it during idle and hard accel. with just this kit versus completely stock. Guess I'll wait until someone does it first and I can get a sound clip. Again, thank you for your reply.

I have been down many exhaust roads in the past with various other vehicles, including my SRT8 I currently have, and I ended up back with its' stock exhaust. But, with the stroker motor, and catless, it has plenty of volume. I like a good exhaust tone (subjective) but not a ton of volume, and cannot stand any drone (headache). Not as young as I used to be, lol.

Based on your answer above I’m going to guess you would be happier where you are now at stock. Maybe if someone on the board is going to do both the muffler upgrade and the resonator delete (or just the resonator delete) they can perform the resonator delete FIRST and post a vid of the sound....then do the muffler.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
+1 for the B2 kit...I am very happy with mine...excellent quality and no drone. I hate the sound that MCDS makes and considering the resonator delete kit now too. Putting the truck in +8 gear select or TOW/HAUL will eliminate the MCDS completely anyway.

19TXLimited

Reaction score

Not sure if you care or not, but putting the truck in tow/haul mode will burn more gas than without. I have used the gear limiter set to 8th and it didn't seem to effect gas mileage, or if it did it was minimal. With tow/haul though it should be holding the lower gears longer prior to shifting causing what I would think would be a rather decent drop in mileage.

Of course, rolling around with 285/55R22 Ridge Grapplers on mine with 3.92 gearing I definitely don't get great gas mileage. I think I need to play with the PSI in these tires a bit though cause the truck sucks down the gas after install of the tires...of course these tires being double the weight may have an effect.

I am in the hopes that removing the rear resonators will have an all around positive effect to exhaust tone and removal of drone. If that doesn't work then I guess it's time I finally mess around with a HemHoltz resonator and try to dial the drone out that way.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure if you care or not, but putting the truck in tow/haul mode will burn more gas than without. I have used the gear limiter set to 8th and it didn't seem to effect gas mileage, or if it did it was minimal. With tow/haul though it should be holding the lower gears longer prior to shifting causing what I would think would be a rather decent drop in mileage.

Of course, rolling around with 285/55R22 Ridge Grapplers on mine with 3.92 gearing I definitely don't get great gas mileage. I think I need to play with the PSI in these tires a bit though cause the truck sucks down the gas after install of the tires...of course these tires being double the weight may have an effect.

I am in the hopes that removing the rear resonators will have an all around positive effect to exhaust tone and removal of drone. If that doesn't work then I guess it's time I finally mess around with a HemHoltz resonator and try to dial the drone out that way.
I do not care about what mileage I get, as I do not pay for my own fuel, job perk. Fuel prices are dropping daily too, so I don't feel too guilty about it. I also have 3.92's and will be adding the same 285/55R22 Nittos as you in about a month. With the extra weight of the tires, I think running in Tow/Haul would be even more advantageous with it holding the gears longer and higher into the torque curve as far as feel and performance of the truck. When I run in tow/haul, the truck just feels lighter, less sluggish when I press the go pedal, without delay or hesitation and that's what I care about. I also think it would be a benefit to the brakes to have the engine braking it has while in tow/haul, especially with the larger heavier wheel/tire combo's. I wish I could turn Tow/Haul on and it remains until I turn it off, or be able to program that into it. I know very little about Alpha OBD, does anyone know if I could use that to do what I would like to do?

Sorry, I know this is well off the subject of this thread, it's just where the convo led me to.

Last edited:

19TXLimited

Reaction score
I do not care about what mileage I get, as I do not pay for my own fuel, job perk. Fuel prices are dropping daily too, so I don't feel too guilty about it. I also have 3.92's and will be adding the same 285/55R22 Nittos as you in about a month. With the extra weight of the tires, I think running in Tow/Haul would be even more advantageous with it holding the gears longer and higher into the torque curve as far as feel and performance of the truck. When I run in tow/haul, the truck just feels lighter, less sluggish when I press the go pedal, without delay or hesitation and that's what I care about. I also think it would be a benefit to the brakes to have the engine braking it has while in tow/haul, especially with the larger heavier wheel/tire combo's. I wish I could turn Tow/Haul on and it remains until I turn it off, or be able to program that into it. I know very little about Alpha OBD, does anyone know if I could use that to do what I would like to do?

All very good points. I don't have a fuel allowance or company gas card so mileage is a bit of a concern to me. That said my normal 60 miles round trip commute has dropped to a 15ft walk from bedroom to office during the COVID stuff. I may try tow/haul just to see what it does for me and if mileage really goes down much.

As for turning it on automatically, I believe the Tazer DT is capable of doing this and seems there are normally group buys occurring on this to get $50 off on the forums. I have plenty of plans for the truck, but paying for a wedding is taking top priority of any extra funds for the time being.

19TXLimited

Reaction score
Anyone have pictures of the install? I ask because I do not have the pipes in hand...COVID closures and my package is at the office...company won't allow employees in the offices at this time. I'd like to cut out my resonators this week to see what it sounds like, but don't want to mess the cut up.

Users who are viewing this thread