5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B2Fab resonator delete kit

Reaction score
Here are before and after with the B2 Resonator Delete and the 5" Black tips. You should hear a lower rumble and throatier sound without the resonators and a slightly louder tone. I can get closer to the tips and get more sound clips if you like but it certainly a nice improvement over stock.

OEM with B2 Magnaflow Only

B2 Res Delete with 5" Black Tips

Well I can definitely hear the sound difference for sure. Throatier and a lower rumble, but more importantly the "grocery bag in the wind" noise is gone. I think that is the main reason for getting rid of the resonators. Sounds good and I like the looks of the tips, they fill the cut outs in the bumpers really good as well.

I see you said you had yours welded together, I wouldn't say clamps vs welding is any better or worst. Some might want to say welding is stronger, but the clamps once tighten will last. My issue with welds is rusting and that most exhaust places can't weld pipes properly unless they remove the system from the truck. Welding while on the truck is trickier and end up with crappy looking welds or unfinished. Also clamps are what is used on transport trucks, they have been for years and year never any issues. I also had 8" exhaust stacks in my old truck with clamps and never an issues. Welding vs Clamps it's more a personal choice, although I do like that with clamps you have the reason of adjutablility.

I hope mine come this week lol, but my stuff entered Canada for "further processing" on April 5th and I've yet to get them. So I'm not holing my breath for this weekend.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Well I can definitely hear the sound difference for sure. Throatier and a lower rumble, but more importantly the "grocery bag in the wind" noise is gone. I think that is the main reason for getting rid of the resonators. Sounds good and I like the looks of the tips, they fill the cut outs in the bumpers really good as well.

I see you said you had yours welded together, I wouldn't say clamps vs welding is any better or worst. Some might want to say welding is stronger, but the clamps once tighten will last. My issue with welds is rusting and that most exhaust places can't weld pipes properly unless they remove the system from the truck. Welding while on the truck is trickier and end up with crappy looking welds or unfinished. Also clamps are what is used on transport trucks, they have been for years and year never any issues. I also had 8" exhaust stacks in my old truck with clamps and never an issues. Welding vs Clamps it's more a personal choice, although I do like that with clamps you have the reason of adjustability.

I hope mine come this week lol, but my stuff entered Canada for "further processing" on April 5th and I've yet to get them. So I'm not holing my breath for this weekend.
What I have found is that the clamps that were being shipped were not allowing them to be torqued as far as needed to fully lock in the pipes. You can tighten them down as far as they will go but it is not enough. When I took my truck in yesterday to have the resonator delete pipes installed, he actually found that my clamp holding the B2 muffler kit in place was "loose" and you could see "soot" where gases were escaping because the clamps don't fit properly. Because the rest of the system was "locked" in place by the hangers and other pipes, it was unnoticeable to me and appeared locked in and tight. You think it's tight but it's not and I guarantee you I am not the only one with this issue.

The guy that installed my pipes has been welding for over 20 years and, based on the truck and where the pipes are located, he was able to get fully around the pipes and did a great job welding. Even if the welds did look "crappy", who the hell is going to see them anyway...they are UNDER the truck??? Once the pipes are adjusted properly, and he and I spent a bit of time making sure the pipes were in the perfect position prior to welding. Obviously, you do not lose and adjustability as the clamps that secure the tips were used and no welding there so still fully adjustable. All of the adjustment should take place at the tip clamps.

I am guessing that you're going to get the same poor fitting clamps as I did. Matt has a new set arriving today that he said should fix the issue. You may need them too. I just thought for a few bucks, might as well get it all welded and not mess with the clamps any longer.

clamp.jpg

19LaramieRam

Reaction score
Not sure if you care or not, but putting the truck in tow/haul mode will burn more gas than without. I have used the gear limiter set to 8th and it didn't seem to effect gas mileage, or if it did it was minimal. With tow/haul though it should be holding the lower gears longer prior to shifting causing what I would think would be a rather decent drop in mileage.

Of course, rolling around with 285/55R22 Ridge Grapplers on mine with 3.92 gearing I definitely don't get great gas mileage. I think I need to play with the PSI in these tires a bit though cause the truck sucks down the gas after install of the tires...of course these tires being double the weight may have an effect.

I am in the hopes that removing the rear resonators will have an all around positive effect to exhaust tone and removal of drone. If that doesn't work then I guess it's time I finally mess around with a HemHoltz resonator and try to dial the drone out that way.
Definitely pump those tires up if you can, made a difference on my highway MPGs.

ram!TH@rd

Reaction score
Installed the kit yesterday and does she sound awesome!! Easy to install as well. Mine is paired with B2 Magnaflow which I purchased back in January. Going to get the 5" tips powder coated in next couple of weeks.

wahudiditagain

Reaction score
I also had the same problem with the clamps not locking the pipes together securely. A couple of $3 clamps from the local parts store fixed the problem. Love the sound now with the B2 Magnaflow. Sounds just right.

Partime43

Reaction score
I also had the same problem with the clamps not locking the pipes together securely. A couple of $3 clamps from the local parts store fixed the problem. Love the sound now with the B2 Magnaflow. Sounds just right.
Ya the claps suck *** I welded my on cause the supplied claps are useless

B2 Fabrication

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Sorry for all of the clamp trouble.
I have now switched suppliers, these new ones are much better.
If anyone needs a set please send me a message and I will send them out.
Thanks,
Matt

Chuck19

Reaction score
Just a question, can somebody fill me in on how these resonator deletes differ from the pipes they weld in place at a local muffler shop? I have had 2 quotes ranging from 75-100 dollars for a muffler replacement or delete and resonator delete job. Not sure why i would pay $155 dollars just for the delete pipes unless they have some special clambering or something with them?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just a question, can somebody fill me in on how these resonator deletes differ from the pipes they weld in place at a local muffler shop? I have had 2 quotes ranging from 75-100 dollars for a muffler replacement or delete and resonator delete job. Not sure why i would pay $155 dollars just for the delete pipes unless they have some special clambering or something with them?
ZERO difference if they are using the same material...a straight pipe is a straight pipe. The B2 is T409 stainless...the shop may be using galvanized steel. The B2 is a quality DIY kit...that's all.

Sp13

Reaction score
I know drone has been addressed before, but can someone compare drone of this kit to a Borla S-type catback? I have a 3 year old, a 1.5 year old, a 2 month old, and a wife who will be riding in the truck with me, so I don't want it to be too loud inside. I previously had a Borla S-type on my mustang, and while I loved the sound of the exhaust, I couldn't stand the sound of my wife complaining about it. Thanks.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I know drone has been addressed before, but can someone compare drone of this kit to a Borla S-type catback? I have a 3 year old, a 1.5 year old, a 2 month old, and a wife who will be riding in the truck with me, so I don't want it to be too loud inside. I previously had a Borla S-type on my mustang, and while I loved the sound of the exhaust, I couldn't stand the sound of my wife complaining about it. Thanks.
If you have small children and want the truck to have a reasonable interior sound, do NOT install this kit! It will be far louder than I think you'll like. I have it and it is a bit louder than I would like...my wife even noticed the increase in cabin noise and she normally doesn't say anything. If I had to do it again, I'd get the tips and not the delete pipes.

Sp13

Reaction score
Wow thanks. I was not expecting it to be that loud at all.

Users who are viewing this thread