5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B2Fab resonator delete kit

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Out of curiosity and FWIW I went and checked my cluster MPG Avg. I am running stock tires right now and drive mostly city, with some hwy and cluster says 15.5 avg.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone have pictures of the install? I ask because I do not have the pipes in hand...COVID closures and my package is at the office...company won't allow employees in the offices at this time. I'd like to cut out my resonators this week to see what it sounds like, but don't want to mess the cut up.
I believe you can download the instruction off the B2Fab website...may help.

19TXLimited

Reaction score
I believe you can download the instruction off the B2Fab website...may help.

Yea, I have the download here with me, but really want to make sure I am truly making the cut at 1" past the bend. Might seem a bit easier once I get under the truck, but I am always a measure twice cut once kind of guy. If I have to wait then I have to wait...our county just issued a stay at home for nonessential workers so looks like I won't get my pipes until sometime after April 3.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
As for turning it on automatically, I believe the Tazer DT is capable of doing this and seems there are normally group buys occurring on this to get $50 off on the forums. I have plenty of plans for the truck, but paying for a wedding is taking top priority of any extra funds for the time being.
Tazer cannot do this automatically or at all for that matter I believe

19TXLimited

Reaction score
Tazer cannot do this automatically or at all for that matter I believe

Auto Tow Mode – remembers the last state of Tow mode and will set it on start-up

Thought I had seen it on their site. Looks like you can if you turn it on once and leave on when you shut the truck off and do not remove the tazer plugin.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I updated my post with another vid. It’s not great. It’s a cold start with some revs. Tomorrow I will finish it up and get some proper vids.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I updated post #25 with a third video. This one has the 5” SS tips installed.

Below is a link to the thread with some pics of the 5” SS tips.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Quick question if anyone can tell me this...I'm after a little more exhaust note over stock, but will not tolerate ANY drone, will I accomplish this with this kit, and keep the stock muffler?
Mufflex exhaust set ups are good. Especially for your situation. Multiple sound options, you pay seem to pay more from them, but with their options. In the end, you get the flow you want at a little more noise you want too.

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
Alrighty. Slowly but surely. I busted one of my bolts on the oem clamps adjusting my tips so I am waiting on a new bolt. For the time being I thought it might be interesting to have a baseline without the tips, then another vid with the tips, so we can see whether there is any sound/tone difference. Another thing to note though is I believe temp and weather will also have an impact on sound. Once I get the tips installed I will upload a new vid

Conclusion: LOVE IT!

The current specs on this video are:
- B2Fabrication Magnaflow 14” muffler
- B2Fabrication Resonator Delete
- No tips
- 40 degrees F
- 433’ elevation
- Raining
- Cold start

here is a vid that is cold start with some revs. Tomorrow the tips go on and I’ll get some better videos when I have an assistant.:D

Ok another update. Below is a vid with the 5” SS tips finally installed . Cold start with some revs.

Patsy, do you have a sound clip after the muffler install before the resonator delete?

19TXLimited

Reaction score
Here is my Borla ATAK Crate Muffler (400844). First clip is with resonators and Borla muffler, next is cold start after resonator delete and third is warm start resonator delete.

I do not have the resonator delete pipes installed as I can not get to them at my work due to COVID restrictions, so, the exhaust is essentially dumped at the cut in the instructions.

I will get a couple clips after I get the pipes and am able to reinstall my tips.

One other note, all videos are shot with an iPhone XS Maxx.

Borla Crate Muffler - With Resonators

Borla Crate Muffler - Without Resonators - Cold Start

Borla Crate Muffler - Without Resonators - Warm Start

Reaction score
Just bit the bullet and ordered the delete kit with the BLACK 5" tips

I did as well on Saturday, I believe I might have got the last set not sure. Matt says he is all out now and it will be a few weeks before he gets more.

I can't wait, hopefully they come this week but with the COVID and Border Crossing, I'm not holding my breath. But they get here when they get here.

Reaction score
He told me today that I got the last set and it will be a month before the next batch come in.

Yeah I wasn't sure if I got the last one or someone else... Well, if your in the states chances are you will get yours before I do. Mine still needs to come into Canada.

Can't wait, hope the powder coat last but if not no biggie.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
My delivery is scheduled for this Friday. If that holds true, I'll install on Saturday. I'll try to post before install and after videos.

19TXLimited

Reaction score
Here is my Borla ATAK Crate Muffler (400844). First clip is with resonators and Borla muffler, next is cold start after resonator delete and third is warm start resonator delete.

I do not have the resonator delete pipes installed as I can not get to them at my work due to COVID restrictions, so, the exhaust is essentially dumped at the cut in the instructions.

I will get a couple clips after I get the pipes and am able to reinstall my tips.

One other note, all videos are shot with an iPhone XS Maxx.

Borla Crate Muffler - With Resonators

Borla Crate Muffler - Without Resonators - Cold Start

Borla Crate Muffler - Without Resonators - Warm Start

All, I will try to get the next set of cold start and warm start videos filmed where I am not standing in the garage. I believe it is causing some distortion of the sound...was trying to avoid wind noise.

Reaction score
My delivery is scheduled for this Friday. If that holds true, I'll install on Saturday. I'll try to post before install and after videos.

My stuff was picked up on Monday, but I haven't had any updates since March 30 when USPS told me it was pickup in Highland Michigan. I know there will be delays because of this COVID virus, plus I'm sure there may be a slow down at the border.

can't wait to see yours.

Users who are viewing this thread