5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Awesome Console Safe...

toyboy1980

Reaction score
Got my safe and got it installed. Went in nice, but I will say that I wish the self tapping screws were going into metal, instead of plastic. You can easily strip them into the plastic if you don’t stop screwing. I suppose it’ll stay put, but that’s the only aspect that feels less than 100% awesome.

flyingpoint

Reaction score
I have been looking for a console safe to fit my limited for a while. It seems the Locker Down one is the only one which can be used without losing the sliding tray's function. I like the design of the safe but still don't want to snap off the tabs and cutting off the bottom rubber mat... Really wish that the installation of the safe is recoverable.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have been looking for a console safe to fit my limited for a while. It seems the Locker Down one is the only one which can be used without losing the sliding tray's function. I like the design of the safe but still don't want to snap off the tabs and cutting off the bottom rubber mat... Really wish that the installation of the safe is recoverable.
The tabs serve no purpose so you won't miss them. The mat is no big deal and you'll never see it once the safe is installed anyway. Not sure what the big hang-up is?

jrr907

Reaction score
If ur worried . Just purchase the 2 tabs & another console mat at the dealership not expensive parts to replace if you decide to remove the safe .But if ur careful & pry on tabs ever so lightly they will pop out without breaking. The mat is a different story !

Last edited:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
If ur worried . Just purchase the 2 tabs & another console mat at the dealership not expensive parts to replace if you decide to remove the safe .But if ur careful & pry on tabs ever so lightly they will pop out without breaking. The mat is a different story !
EXACTLY...THIS^^^

Big White RAM

Reaction score
The mat is only around $4.50 plus shipping depending on which online dealership you order from. I installed the Lockerdown last fall and am going to order a mat in case I sell the truck someday and want to keep the safe for another one.

MileHi Guy

Reaction score
This looks like a great solution for me for having a gun safe in my new 1500. Does any one know right off if the Lock'er Down works in a Laramie or know of any issues? Also, I'll call them but does anyone know if they are still offering the bulk purchase discount? Also any have a preference for the lock they have chosen or not chosen?

Thanks in advance.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
This looks like a great solution for me for having a gun safe in my new 1500. Does any one know right off if the Lock'er Down works in a Laramie or know of any issues? Also, I'll call them but does anyone know if they are still offering the bulk purchase discount? Also any have a preference for the lock they have chosen or not chosen?

Thanks in advance.
It will work perfectly in your truck! Use the code I previously provided in post 152. Get the electronic lock...totally worth it.

Reverse

Reaction score
There is no need to remove the tabs in the Limited with the LockerDown safe. You will need to cut the mat, but that can be done so you will never see the cut line.

flyingpoint

Reaction score
There is no need to remove the tabs in the Limited with the LockerDown safe. You will need to cut the mat, but that can be done so you will never see the cut line.
Got it installed for a month already. I had removed the tabs anyway by following the instruction on Youtube. It works great and just has enough room to fit my Glock19 with 2 extra mags. However, the handle was a bit of tight in the very early beginning. Nothing to complain about.

Users who are viewing this thread