5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AWE 0FG Catback Exhaust Suite for the 5th Gen RAM, available now.

JVS0302

Reaction score
I was able to install the 0FG exhaust this morning.

Install:
I did the install in my driveway. I did not use ramps but put the air suspension in OR2 mode. Removing the stock exhaust is pretty straight forward. Since I have no plans of reusing it, I chose to cut the driver side piping to make it easier to remove. Otherwise I think you would need to be on a lift to get it out in one piece.

The AWE exhaust has excellent fit and finish. However I did hit one snag during install. They did not ship me the correct bolts to make the connection to the stock piping. The ones they sent were way too long and did not look like exhaust bolts. I was able to reuse the stock bolts along with the supplied nuts from AWE for now. The connection is tight but I will be reaching out to AWE to get the proper bolts from them. Other than that, everything else was super easy to assemble, align and tighten.

The AWE tips are awesome. There is so much adjustability - you can change how far you would like them to stick out and basically have infinite adjustability up down and left to right. I will continue to tweak them after a few more heat cycles but I can say they look great and I was able to get them pretty much perfectly aligned in the bumper cut-outs.

Impressions:
This exhaust is exactly what I was hoping it would be. It is throaty and aggressive without being too boomy or bassy. I have an F10 M5 that is extremely loud, this is nothing like that. It has an awesome cold start for sure, but then settles down to a nice idle. Under load it is aggressive and again I would describe the tone as throaty, not raspy. When cruising there is just enough to know you have an aftermarket exhaust but it is not intrusive. I will be honest I was worried this would be too loud for my daily driver, but I am completely happy. We will see if the tone changes as it continues to break in.

Unfortunately I am not able to upload the cold start videos I took. If someone knows a way to do it please let me know.

Last edited:

Drivinfast247

Reaction score
Maybe a silly question but will this void warranty?

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was able to install the 0FG exhaust this morning.

Install:
I did the install in my driveway. I did not use ramps but put the air suspension in OR2 mode. Removing the stock exhaust is pretty straight forward. Since I have no plans of reusing it, I chose to cut the driver side piping to make it easier to remove. Otherwise I think you would need to be on a lift to get it out in one piece.
If you want to keep the stock exhaust intact, raise the rear of the truck enough for the rear axle to droop and remove the spare tire and drivers side heat shield and that will give you enough clearance to maneuver it out. Still a pain if you are doing it alone but doable.

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Nice looking/sounding system.. love the tips, nice to see another option offered!

Gracieboy

Reaction score
Ordered mine over the weekend from Nick @ gotexhaust.com
Saved me a few buck with no shipping charge. Can't wait to hear it. Hopefully the 2022 My starts being built soon. I'm getting impatient 😒

JVS0302

Reaction score
Ordered mine over the weekend from Nick @ gotexhaust.com
Saved me a few buck with no shipping charge. Can't wait to hear it. Hopefully the 2022 My starts being built soon. I'm getting impatient 😒
You will love it, I have been getting nothing but compliments on the look and sound of it. Took a 2+ hour trip each way and the family was completely fine, no complaints at all.

Gracieboy

Reaction score
You will love it, I have been getting nothing but compliments on the look and sound of it. Took a 2+ hour trip each way and the family was completely fine, no complaints at all.
I'm sure I will! I guess no luck getting your videos posted? I would offer some help but I'm not sure how to upload them either. Sorry

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
Oh man, keeping an eye on this for sure when I eventually order a Ram. I've been a loyal Corsa buyer for years but this may sway me...

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If anybody is in the North East Florida area and wants this exhaust for a good discount let me know. I have a preproduction unit I purchased direct from AWE, the only difference is the production version has the factory style ball clamp adjustment but I had no issue lining up the tips with this one. It is the diamond black edition, one of the tips does has some scuffs on the side from where I removed it off the truck but you can't see it when its installed. $950 and I am willing to meetup within an hour of St. Augustine, FL. No shipping as I dont have the means to reseal the box for transportation.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If anybody is in the North East Florida area and wants this exhaust for a good discount let me know. I have a preproduction unit I purchased direct from AWE, the only difference is the production version has the factory style ball clamp adjustment but I had no issue lining up the tips with this one. It is the diamond black edition, one of the tips does has some scuffs on the side from where I removed it off the truck but you can't see it when its installed. $950 and I am willing to meetup within an hour of St. Augustine, FL. No shipping as I dont have the means to reseal the box for transportation.
I may be interested in grabbing it off of you. I've got a few other priorities to take care of first and I also have quite a bit of work related travel coming up that will put me out of FL. So I am still a few weeks away from being able to do anything at best. If the AWE is the route I decide to go, I'll send you a private message when I'm ready to see if you still have it available then. GLWS either way!

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I may be interested in grabbing it off of you. I've got a few other priorities to take care of first and I also have quite a bit of work related travel coming up that will put me out of FL. So I am still a few weeks away from being able to do anything at best. If the AWE is the route I decide to go, I'll send you a private message when I'm ready to see if you still have it available then. GLWS either way!
Just let me know

Klicht87

Reaction score
Anyone install this after having the Borla Atak. I saw @HammerdownYouTube motorsports did and says good things. I"m trying to sell my Borla Atak to make this decision a little easier but has anyone done this and thought it was worth the transition? Thanks in advance!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How is it going down the highway? I'm looking for a nice roar when I put my foot in it, but able to hold an easy conversation in the cab while rolling down the road. I was looking at the Borla Touring. The AWE caught my eye with their "no drone" claim.
Hoorah Chief,

I have the Borla ATAK on my BTS and there is zero issue with noise in the cab driving down the road. Can easily hold a normal conversation. No drone. Borla also offers a no drone guarantee.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone install this after having the Borla Atak. I saw @HammerdownYouTube motorsports did and says good things. I"m trying to sell my Borla Atak to make this decision a little easier but has anyone done this and thought it was worth the transition? Thanks in advance!
Ive had both. AWE sounds better and the tips use the factory style ball clamps so you can line the tips up easily unlike the Borla.

Klicht87

Reaction score
Ive had both. AWE sounds better and the tips use the factory style ball clamps so you can line the tips up easily unlike the Borla.
Is there less cabin noise as your accelerating through the gears? I don't mean stepping on it but it's just always noisy until you get to a cruising speed and even then it's just kind of noisy. I love the sound when you step on it but the noise is always there. How does the AWE compare in that aspect?

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is there less cabin noise as your accelerating through the gears? I don't mean stepping on it but it's just always noisy until you get to a cruising speed and even then it's just kind of noisy. I love the sound when you step on it but the noise is always there. How does the AWE compare in that aspect?
The AWE is pretty quiet compared to the Atak at normal cruise and acceleration especially in the cabin.
Its not the best quality but I did a video of how it sounds from inside the cab and unless I'm getting on it you cant really hear it.

Hoppy1075

Reaction score
Love the sound at idle and cruise - the fact that it settles so smooth. But the stock just doesn't have this awesome depth that I hear on the AWE! On my short list for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread