5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto Start/Stop error

RVAH-13

Reaction score
My truck is still in the shop, no solution has been identified. I am heading out on a trip for a few days, maybe they will find a solution while I am gone. I have not heard from a RAM Guru since last Thursday or Friday. One was to call Wednesday but did not do so. I guess with no solution there is nothing to talk about.

Sullyman

Reaction score
Hello RVAH-13. I am really sorry to hear no progress on your truck. FCA/Ram needs to step up and get it resolved. Got mine back from the local Ram service shop today. The cause of my service start/stop warning was a faulty fuel injector on cylinder #2. Exchanged it with cylinder #4 injector which then caused cylinder #4 to misfire. Confirming it was a faulty fuel injector. Glad to get mine back after just over a week in the shop. Haven’t driven it much yet but so far appears the issue has been resolved. I can only imagine how frustrated you are after weeks. I still have to bring mine back to the local shop as they forgot to address the droning/humming sound I believe is associated with the active sound management system, which they indicated to me when I originally brought it in they had a fix for. Was so happy to get it back today that the droning/humming sound issue had slipped my mind. I will keep following along to see when and how they resolve your truck’s failure(s). Best of luck in getting the issue resolved satisfactorily and in a quicker manner.

RVAH-13

Reaction score
Hello RVAH-13. I am really sorry to hear no progress on your truck. FCA/Ram needs to step up and get it resolved. Got mine back from the local Ram service shop today. The cause of my service start/stop warning was a faulty fuel injector on cylinder #2. Exchanged it with cylinder #4 injector which then caused cylinder #4 to misfire. Confirming it was a faulty fuel injector. Glad to get mine back after just over a week in the shop. Haven’t driven it much yet but so far appears the issue has been resolved. I can only imagine how frustrated you are after weeks. I still have to bring mine back to the local shop as they forgot to address the droning/humming sound I believe is associated with the active sound management system, which they indicated to me when I originally brought it in they had a fix for. Was so happy to get it back today that the droning/humming sound issue had slipped my mind. I will keep following along to see when and how they resolve your truck’s failure(s). Best of luck in getting the issue resolved satisfactorily and in a quicker manner.
Sullyman, I just returned from a couple weeks in the RV visiting my son & family. Main reason was to spoil the grandson and then leave!!

As to my truck...it has been 21 working days, as of today, that my truck has been in the shop! I received a call from the dealer last Friday saying they finally diagnosed the problem. It was a short in the wiring bundle that connected to the computer and who knows what else? They indicated they had ordered the new wiring bundle and it had arrived, work to start on Monday. Monday I am driving across SD and received a call from the dealer telling me the wiring bundle they received was not the correct one BUT the correct one is on BACK ORDER!!! They said they had requested HIGH PRIORITY on the part but were told to call back in 24 hours. I have not heard from anyone at this point and I have not called, I don't know if they have, or, are going to receive the proper wiring bundle soon. According to MN Lemon Law the window is 30 cumulative working days and RAM either buys the vehicle back or gives me a new one. I am not angry, only frustrated that a plus $60,000 truck, purchased the end of June has 1258 miles at the end of September. Of that period I traveled 40 days in my RV, drove it 2 weeks, the rest of the time it has been in the shop.

I have not heard from RAM personnel since mid August when I first posted to this site. I had a couple of electronic messages and two phone calls. The dealer says they have been speaking with RAM personnel regarding the problems.

Enough complaining, I'll let you know the final outcome and specific diagnosis when all is settled...

RammyShand

Reaction score
I received the same error warning light last week. I restarted the vehicle and all was well.

Sullyman

Reaction score
Glad you got to spoil your grandson. No so glad to hear about your Ram situation. At this point and the time it has been down I hope Ram takes the truck back and gets you a new one. A $60,000 plus truck that doesn’t run is not acceptable. Please keep us up to date. On a side note, my seems good to go so far but I haven’t driven it much since the repair. Keeping my fingers crossed.

RVAH-13

Reaction score
Glad you got to spoil your grandson. No so glad to hear about your Ram situation. At this point and the time it has been down I hope Ram takes the truck back and gets you a new one. A $60,000 plus truck that doesn’t run is not acceptable. Please keep us up to date. On a side note, my seems good to go so far but I haven’t driven it much since the repair. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Sullyman, GREAT NEWS! I received my 2019 Limited back yesterday, 25 business days in the shop! Over 35 calendar days! All that said, the problem was with the "complete" engine wiring bundle. A short, one they could never locate, so they replaced the wiring from the headlamps to the firewall. I spoke to the mechanic and even if he could have located the short he felt, the truck being a 2019, he did not want to splice in a new wire... Between back orders and wrong parts being sent, the repair has been completed. I drove it home last evening, no error codes, I'll keep an eye on everything and have confidence it is back to normal. I will say, RAM Corporate, did keep in touch and spoke to me twice during the last week.:geek:(y)

RomansRam

Reaction score
I have the longhorn edition and mines just did it tonight. I have a little over 21,000 miles on it. Any information about your fix and what to expect will be appreciated
Oo boy mine came on only 1600 miles on my 2020 ram1500 Laramie. I restarted it and it went away but came back with a vengeance! Said my hood was open parking brake failure tail and headlamp failure!! I only had the truck 3 months and I barley drove it ! This is scaring me what I been reading !!

Walter2050

Reaction score
Oo boy mine came on only 1600 miles on my 2020 ram1500 Laramie. I restarted it and it went away but came back with a vengeance! Said my hood was open parking brake failure tail and headlamp failure!! I only had the truck 3 months and I barley drove it ! This is scaring me what I been reading !!
Mine is doing the same thing. Did they figure out what was wrong with yours?

RomansRam

Reaction score
Mine is doing the same thing. Did they figure out what was wrong with yours?
So I got it back not long after my post and it was a bad hood switch and there was a FM transmitter error so they replaced both not one issue as come back I have 3200 mins on it now.

Walter2050

Reaction score
So I got it back not long after my post and it was a bad hood switch and there was a FM transmitter error so they replaced both not one issue as come back I have 3200 mins on it now.
They replace my hood switch as well. And it just came back on today that was two weeks ago when they replace the hood switch please let me know if yours comes back on

A.Wilkie

Reaction score
My 2019 Laramie just threw the same codes. Start/stop service and check engine light. I had just filled up the tank and drove around 3 miles and parked. Everything was normal until I came out the store and started it up then all the errors came on. 2F23917A-81D1-4085-97D0-652E76412BC2.jpeg

RomansRam

Reaction score
My 2019 Laramie just threw the same codes. Start/stop service and check engine light. I had just filled up the tank and drove around 3 miles and parked. Everything was normal until I came out the store and started it up then all the errors came on. View attachment 56834
Prob going to need the same parts I did there’s some issue with the hood switch

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My 2019 Laramie just threw the same codes. Start/stop service and check engine light. I had just filled up the tank and drove around 3 miles and parked. Everything was normal until I came out the store and started it up then all the errors came on.

Hi @A.Wilkie - I apologize for the trouble you are experiencing with your truck! If you address this with your dealer and you are in need of any additional support for that process, please do not hesitate to follow up with us via private message.

Mark
RamCares

RamBamRepeat

Reaction score
@RamCares having the same issue. Was just at the dealer again for the yellow A with the circle and the "service stop start" light coming on.

Dealer said they could find nothing and that they drove it 18 miles and light didn't come on. I pick up the truck, go to make an hour drive the next day and the light comes on, stays on the entire trip. I have video segments of it this time.

And, to clarify, this is not a "start/stop not ready because cabin cooling" situation.

Like others, I can't be spending my days and weeks at the dealership chasing a ghost.

How do we expedite this asap? What is the consensus of the resolve?

Thank you.

RamCares

Reaction score
@RamCares having the same issue. Was just at the dealer again for the yellow A with the circle and the "service stop start" light coming on.

Dealer said they could find nothing and that they drove it 18 miles and light didn't come on. I pick up the truck, go to make an hour drive the next day and the light comes on, stays on the entire trip. I have video segments of it this time.

And, to clarify, this is not a "start/stop not ready because cabin cooling" situation.

Like others, I can't be spending my days and weeks at the dealership chasing a ghost.

How do we expedite this asap? What is the consensus of the resolve?

Thank you.

Hi @RamBamRepeat - Just had a chance to respond to your private message on this!

Mark
RamCares

RamCares

Reaction score
I have the same problem. Been in dealer 6 times And light came on again . Who can I talk to so I can escalate?

Please send me a private message when you can, I would be happy to learn more about your situation to determine how to best assist you at this point!

Mark
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread