5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Don’t they have fake exhaust sound pumped into the interior?
Are you asking specifically about the Raptor, or EcoBoost equipped F150's in general? The 2014 F150 EB I own doesn't have fake sounds pumped into the cabin.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I am kind of over all this (it don't have a v8 anymore talk) we all know the Hemi is gone, it is what it is, and we the consumer have no say and we can only do one of 2 things.
Adapt to the new platform or don't and go another route. seriously guys we have been talking about the no V8 issue since December and all its accomplished is multiple hi jacked threads and a back and forth between the 2 camps to no fruitful end in my opinion. yeah, I agree the Hemi exhaust sounds like an old school American V8 and the new I 6 sounds different I won't say bad because really, I don't care about that myself I am more of a performance guy, but there are those that do and that's ok too.
but the hemis gone and it isn't coming back anytime soon.

💯 %
The HEMI for now is gone, all this no v8, I want the hemi is dumb, you aren't getting it. Get over it and move forward or get left behind, both figuratively and with 540 hp 520 tq, literally.

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
💯 %
The HEMI for now is gone, all this no v8, I want the hemi is dumb, you aren't getting it. Get over it and move forward or get left behind, both figuratively and with 540 hp 520 tq, literally.
The big increase in torque is what the hemi lacked, and you get that with new engines. HP increase is always good also.

Reaction score
I am kind of over all this (it don't have a v8 anymore talk) we all know the Hemi is gone, it is what it is, and we the consumer have no say and we can only do one of 2 things.
Adapt to the new platform or don't and go another route. seriously guys we have been talking about the no V8 issue since December and all its accomplished is multiple hi jacked threads and a back and forth between the 2 camps to no fruitful end in my opinion. yeah, I agree the Hemi exhaust sounds like an old school American V8 and the new I 6 sounds different I won't say bad because really, I don't care about that myself I am more of a performance guy, but there are those that do and that's ok too.
Agreed. The opportunity is out there for those that want only a Hemi, to buy remaining inventory 2024's (or a few 2023s) if they want new, or buy one used if otherwise.
When Ford introduced the Ecoboost, this was more or less the same exact discussion. Loyal buyers, historical significance of the v8 to the brand, unproven new technology, reliability questionable, and sound.

The smartest thing Ford did differently in it's strategy was keep the V8 as an option for those who stuck to that belief (something like less than 25% take rate now) and made the 2.7 the entry level option for everything other than the work truck base and let it prove itself out to the market.

GM Similarly did that with the Turbomax engine..which is becoming the preferred choice over the 5.3 with its known issues.

In this case, unfortunately there is no similar choice. So either buy the hurricane, or buy a different brand. Choice is simple enough.

Idahoktm

Reaction score

Dewey

Reaction score
Are you asking specifically about the Raptor, or EcoBoost equipped F150's in general? The 2014 F150 EB I own doesn't have fake sounds pumped into the cabin.
Raptor. I don’t follow Ford’s but thought I heard that at one time. Could be wrong too.

Joemama88

Reaction score
💯 %
Why I leased one a few weeks ago. We will see how the Inline v6 is in 3 years. I had the inline 4 in my 4XE and it was theee worst sound engine I have ever heard.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Wonder if he regrets not waiting for a RHO?🤔

He said he wanted a completely different platform. The RHO has a lot in common with the Rebel, so he may have gone with the Raptor anyway.

It looks like his YouTube channel has less activity, but it might be too soon to determine if he will eventually get more traffic once Raptor owners find his channel.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
He said he wanted a completely different platform. The RHO has a lot in common with the Rebel, so he may have gone with the Raptor anyway.

It looks like his YouTube channel has less activity, but it might be too soon to determine if he will eventually get more traffic once Raptor owners find his channel.
I'd say the only drawback from switching to a Raptor, is they have been out for years and there are already several different channels doing mods on them. Will be hard to set himself apart and draw traffic

dcchris311

Reaction score
I'd say the only drawback from switching to a Raptor, is they have been out for years and there are already several different channels doing mods on them. Will be hard to set himself apart and draw traffic
I agree!! I'm also waiting for the RHO so that I can use it on my YT channel. Hopefully I get sooner, this I6TT is going to sound amazing with some high flow cats!!

RVTRKN

Reaction score
💯 %
If sales drop off, and the feedback is due to no V8, you can bet they will comeback with a V8. If the sales drop, Ram will go back to last place like where they were in 93, before the new Dodge Ram in 94. The 94 Ram saved Dodge, but I always like Rams, I purchased a 94 2500 HD 360 (when there was a difference in SD and HD). However my last purchase of my 2020 Ram in 2023 will probably be my last new vehicle purchase. I will replace my engine if it fails, I can't afford to pay the ridicules new prices that all manufactures have raised them to. It'll be cheaper to rebuild or upgrade to bigger cubic inch crate engine. At 65 and retired, the inflation will be the reason I'll have to fix my 2020 rather than buy a new truck.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score

We went through this same thing when they redesigned the truck with their new front end.
Based on sales, mostly everyone was able to get over it too. :sneaky:

dammitbobby

Reaction score
As much as I don’t understand the logic of not keeping the hemi in rotation with the hurricane, I equally don’t understand the people so dead set against the hurricane because of the lack of sound. And if you want to talk reliability of turbos that’s fine but technology has come so far since the early days of turbos. Let’s also not pretend the hemi is the worlds most reliable engine it’s had the same issues for the last 10 years. The hurricane has been in the wagoneer and grand wagoneer for 2 model years and to my knowledge there have been no major issues or recalls involving the engine and if you go over to a wagoneer forums they do nothing but rant and rave about the hurricane engine. Will there be issues with the hurricane, sure there will be some cases especially because ram is a bigger sample size than the wagoneer brand and the vehicles will be largely used for different purposes but to just be dead set against an all around better engine is mind blowing to me.

BowDown

Reaction score
If sales drop off, and the feedback is due to no V8, you can bet they will comeback with a V8. If the sales drop, Ram will go back to last place like where they were in 93, before the new Dodge Ram in 94. The 94 Ram saved Dodge, but I always like Rams, I purchased a 94 2500 HD 360 (when there was a difference in SD and HD). However my last purchase of my 2020 Ram in 2023 will probably be my last new vehicle purchase. I will replace my engine if it fails, I can't afford to pay the ridicules new prices that all manufactures have raised them to. It'll be cheaper to rebuild or upgrade to bigger cubic inch crate engine. At 65 and retired, the inflation will be the reason I'll have to fix my 2020 rather than buy a new truck.

I seriously doubt that. The complaints you hear are forum enthusiasts wanting the hemi/V8. We aren't the majority of buyers or even the minority. Toyota makes both the Tundra and Tacoma only available with 6's, they're still selling here in America.

As for rebuilding or upgrading to a larger crate engine being cheaper, determine the budget that you expect pay then double that. It won't be cheaper or at least as cheap as you think.

I believe that Ram will gain as many or more sales from buyers simply looking at tht new engines power numbers than they lose by dropping the hemi.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread