5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It's Ram/Stellantis changing options on the build/ordering screen, which is nothing new during a launch.

IMO, it'll be late summer or fall before you can order a '25 Ram with no ordering restrictions, just like we saw with the launch of the 2019 model.
Might even be 2026 build year for unrestricted ordering depending on how supply goes imo.

Danatanchor

Reaction score
I just bought a 2025 Laramie with the sport package, level 1 equipment group, 3.92 and trailer brake. I went looking for a deal on a 2024, but wanted the adaptive cruise option. Found some Laramie's with the upgrade, otherwise you need to go limited. Saw the 2025 Laramie had all of the electronic and tech options that were extra on the 2024. I was able to get the 2025 the same price as a 2024 Laramie without the $1900 advanced safety package. Also loved the way the new i6 Hurricane drove. I have had 2 of the 5.7 Hemi's and in my opinion the acceleration is smoother even with the turbo's. Also very quite, which is what us old guys like.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don't either. That's 23 speakers, everyone of them has a chance to break probably at a cost of $1,000 a piece at the dealer after warranty.

Thats exactly why Ram dropped the V8 and went to a 6 cylinder, 2 less to break

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I just bought a 2025 Laramie with the sport package, level 1 equipment group, 3.92 and trailer brake. I went looking for a deal on a 2024, but wanted the adaptive cruise option. Found some Laramie's with the upgrade, otherwise you need to go limited. Saw the 2025 Laramie had all of the electronic and tech options that were extra on the 2024. I was able to get the 2025 the same price as a 2024 Laramie without the $1900 advanced safety package. Also loved the way the new i6 Hurricane drove. I have had 2 of the 5.7 Hemi's and in my opinion the acceleration is smoother even with the turbo's. Also very quite, which is what us old guys like.
pictures..............

lonepeak

Reaction score
Yea but I'll have a lot of power before anything breaks. Imagine going from Denver to Eisenhower Tunnel, 5000' to 12000'. Nothing will keep up with either the SO or HO. Turbos will keep almost all the power at altitude.

cerbo

Reaction score
The likelihood the turbos will be the most prevalent issue is slim.
your probably right. Toyota Tundra 6 cylinder twin turbos had a bad start with issues right out of the gate. Anything new , I have a straight 6 turbo on a 24 Mazda and love the engine although it s a new model and has had lots of TSBs. I ve never had to bring a new vehicle back so many times. O well, all normal sometimes.
That is a kick a$$ setup on the new Ram!

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Saw a 2025 in the wild today in the back of a post office
View attachment 181212

That's probably a 24' or older.

The wheels on the 25 are hollow spoke, not sure if they still use that 3rd brake light, even on base models, but the big tell is the tail lights. There is only one white strip on the 2025 trucks rear tail light in the middle, instead of the top and bottom on the pre-facelift.

Reaction score
That's probably a 24' or older.

The wheels on the 25 are hollow spoke, not sure if they still use that 3rd brake light, even on base models, but the big tell is the tail lights. There is only one white strip on the 2025 trucks rear tail light in the middle, instead of the top and bottom on the pre-facelift.
Yeah you might be right, I don’t notice the taillights. I saw the RAM across the tailgate and the wheels looked like the new ones to me. I’m seeing them in my dreams now so no surprise I’m hallucinating in reality lol

Users who are viewing this thread