5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And you can keep start/stop off by pushing a single button. What's your point? How much does a pulsar cost? Autostop eliminator is $99. When I bought one it was $30 off.
Uh, you said MDS wasn't easy to deal with, when it's actually pretty simple to keep off. But, hey, who am I to decide how simple something may or may not be for others.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I suspect it's because just because people can't see or think of a logic reason, they may still be open to the possibility that someone might have a logical reason they didn't think of.

I've not really paid attention to people's reasons for disabling, but what you describe often occurs when the reasons for disabling it are unsupported or defy reason. Opposing views on a forum like that are very valuable. Many people reading online forums are very easily manipulated into spending time and money on things they really don't need just because someone else told them it was important. Reminds me of a recent thread where someone suggest an oil catch can was an essential upgrade for the Hemi. There is no benefit to an oil catch can on a port injected engine as the valves are being constantly cleaned with injected fuel.

;)
I'm a supporter of oil catch cans. Seeing what they catch is enough reasoning for me. And they were around before direct injection was in use. There's more things that need to stay clean that just valves. Saying there is no benefit is ignorant.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Uh, you said MDS wasn't easy to deal with, when it's actually pretty simple to keep off. But, hey, who am I to decide how simple something may or may not be for others.
I guess I should have spelled it out. MDS isn't as easy to deal with on a more permanent basis. I figured most people would be able to figure that out but I should have known better. My bad. You can of course disable either on a temporary basis by using buttons.

Last edited:

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm a supporter of oil catch cans. Seeing what they catch is enough reasoning for me. And they were around before direct injection was in use. There's more things that need to stay clean that just valves. Saying there is no benefit is ignorant.

Your Ad Hominem fallacy argument is not support of views that defy logic. "Seeing what they catch" is no reasoning at all, but it's a valuable marketing stunt that dupes people into buying them when they are not needed. The tiny amount of oil they catch is highly diluted by a fantastic oil solvent, gasoline, that is constantly being sprayed into the intake manifold on a port injected engine.

Edited to add: I believe one member here mentioned that at a 6000 mile oil change their catch can had captured 3-4 ounces of oil. During that same 6000 miles around 300 GALLONS of gasoline was sprayed into that same manifold. That microscopic amount of oil will cause no problem whatsoever after being diluted and burnt by 300 gallons of gas.

Last edited:

PetePA

Reaction score
All of this discussion around tweaks is intriguing me. Is there anyone who can point to a good thread that can get me started - would like to learn more. I found a few websites with software that you can use to edit vehicle parameters

That product I linked looks super interesting, but it's expensive.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Your Ad Hominem fallacy argument is not support of views that defy logic. "Seeing what they catch" is no reasoning at all, but it's a valuable marketing stunt that dupes people into buying them when they are not needed. The tiny amount of oil they catch is highly diluted by a fantastic oil solvent, gasoline, that is constantly being sprayed into the intake manifold on a port injected engine.
Anyone who has ever seen the inside of a higher mileage fuel injected engine (even port injected) can see how a catch can might benefit you. Sure, the backs of the intake valves are clean, but port injection does nothing to prevent build up upstream of the injectors. Does that build up may affect anything that you notice? Probably not. But it has to have some kind of effect on performance and fuel economy, however minor that may be. But again, how does someone else's decision about installing a catch can affect you? I'm certainly not advising for or against them. If people are as gullible as you say that's on them. You should always do your own research when considering doing something some mentions in a forum environment. You in fact are the one advising against them. You have your reasons for not having one, which I am perfectly willing to accept as your choice. See how that works? ;)

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Edited to add: I believe one member here mentioned that at a 6000 mile oil change their catch can had captured 3-4 ounces of oil. During that same 6000 miles around 300 GALLONS of gasoline was sprayed into that same manifold. That microscopic amount of oil will cause no problem whatsoever after being diluted and burnt by 300 gallons of gas.
Will not continue with this as it's not part of the original topic. As I said, there's more to it than just keeping valves clean.

ChrisID

Reaction score
So can the 25's A-SS be turned of permanently or not? I do not want to have to push a button every start cycle like most cars.
My 20 and 21 v8's do not have a-ss, or maybe I hit a button the first day I owned them in the menu, it's off forever, don't remember.
I'm allowed to have my reasons, just like you are HSKR, is that i want it off permanently, or a way to make it so. We don't need to debate the pro's and con's of such. I could give two $%^&* about saving a fraction of a fraction of gas.
Either way, I will find out when I go drive one, but if it can't be turned of permanently, I will not buy the truck, at least until there is a permanent solution to do so.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
So can the 25's A-SS be turned of permanently or not? I do not want to have to push a button every start cycle like most cars.
My 20 and 21 v8's do not have a-ss, or maybe I hit a button the first day I owned them in the menu, it's off forever, don't remember.
I'm allowed to have my reasons, just like you are HSKR, is that i want it off permanently, or a way to make it so. We don't need to debate the pro's and con's of such. I could give two $%^&* about saving a fraction of a fraction of gas.
Either way, I will find out when I go drive one, but if it can't be turned of permanently, I will not buy the truck, at least until there is a permanent solution to do so.
The autostop eliminator works for all 5th gens made so far. Not sure if it will support 2025 models though. Might have to hold on for a bit and see.

Edit: Corrected the name of the device.

Last edited:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sorry, brain fart. It's autostop eliminator. Here's a link to the website:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
May I suggest we return to the original topic? I can go to (many) other threads for info on Auto Start/Stop, eTorque, and MDS. Thanks!
We definitely derailed this thread, but 40 pages of "Anyone getting a 2025 with the I6 Hurricane?" has also kind of played out as well. I guess we got bored.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
May I suggest we return to the original topic? I can go to (many) other threads for info on Auto Start/Stop, eTorque, and MDS. Thanks!
I think the original topic has played itself out and the discussion had moved on.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
That’s what auto stop eliminator is for. Best 100 bucks I spent on my Chevy. It’s a really nice module and it keeps the system where you want it off or On it’s the drivers choice and it prevents the computer from defaulting to on every key switch.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
The autostop eliminator works for all 5th gens made so far. Not sure if it will support 2025 models though. Might have to hold on for a bit and see.

I would be willing to bet they will have a module for the 25s fairly soon. The electrical architecture is different on the 25s but it’s basically an upgraded system from what Ram originally had in them as near as so can tell. The new system should be more stable and not as prone to instability and bugs. At least that’s what my experience has told me with our huge field sprayers.. electrical systems between a few years ago and our newest ones.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

I don't think it will work on the 2025s.
There is a completely differnet system, it MIGHT be possible that those few connectors are the same, for now I would assume nothing that worked on a 2024 will work on a 2025 if it involves electronics imo.

Only time will tell once 2025s start hitting the market and people actually but them.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don't think it will work on the 2025s.
There is a completely differnet system, it MIGHT be possible that those few connectors are the same, for now I would assume nothing that worked on a 2024 will work on a 2025 if it involves electronics imo.

Only time will tell once 2025s start hitting the market and people actually but them.
Thanks for expanding on what I said. Since no 2025's are out for the general public yet no one here can confirm whether or not they will work. The autostop website only states support up through 2024 models. Even if they aren't supported I'd be surprised if they didn't come out with a model that does before the end of the first year of 2025 production.

Users who are viewing this thread