5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
i have no clue why they have it on the lot lol. only reason i knew about it is cause my buddy was having problems with his 23 eco and they kept giving it to him as a loaner. the thing is a absolute unit. i felt like i was in a spaceship lol. it had so many screens, passenger side, driverside, rear, everyone had a screen lol. air ride, sport, trail ect. and thing was fast. got like 16 miles a gallon too LOL.

as nice as it was, im not paying 109k for it (Still had the window sticker)
109 is the cheaper (Grand Wagoneer)version unless it was on a massive sale. The Series III Grand Wagoneers are like 125k.

Back to Ram Talk. No word on my HO Limited. I assume they're going to fill dealer lots first like they did with the SOs but from what I have heard from the past order forums no one really knows what they're doing until its done.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i have no clue why they have it on the lot lol. only reason i knew about it is cause my buddy was having problems with his 23 eco and they kept giving it to him as a loaner. the thing is a absolute unit. i felt like i was in a spaceship lol. it had so many screens, passenger side, driverside, rear, everyone had a screen lol. air ride, sport, trail ect. and thing was fast. got like 16 miles a gallon too LOL.

as nice as it was, im not paying 109k for it (Still had the window sticker)
My dealer gave me a Jeep Compass for a loaner :ROFLMAO:

ChrisID

Reaction score
I don't know what the three asterisk mean but I'm going to take an educated guess and go with EGR.

If so, then the engines probably do come with it. Majority of all engines in the USA have an EGR.

You can delete anything you want, as long as you're willing to pay. These engines are new to the market, so the aftermarket hasn't begun doing much R&D to them.
Sorry, this site changed it. 'Automatic Start Stop', or A S S, which is what it is.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
It does have auto start/stop. Nothing wrong with the system. Saves fuel when sitting at stoplights. I don't understand why people want to disable it.
Many of us have given reasons why we disable it in other threads, yet you don't seem to understand or accept anyone else's reasoning besides your own. So I'll continue to disable it on every vehicle I own just because I know it bugs you. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
109 is the cheaper (Grand Wagoneer)version unless it was on a massive sale. The Series III Grand Wagoneers are like 125k.

Back to Ram Talk. No word on my HO Limited. I assume they're going to fill dealer lots first like they did with the SOs but from what I have heard from the past order forums no one really knows what they're doing until its done.

It does have auto start/stop. Nothing wrong with the system. Saves fuel when sitting at stoplights. I don't understand why people want to disable it.
I will disable it on mine as soon as I take possession of it. Thats got to be the dumbest system I have ever seen put in an automobile. I have it disabled in my chevy right now and I like having the control of when my auto turns off not the computer. I had a friend about get killed at an intersection because of this system. it's a long story I won't get into it here, but the Auto stop is not as reliable as you think it is. to each their own, but I won't let my family drive with it not disabled.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I first purchased my Ram I was skeptical of the auto stop/start system because other vehicles I had driven with it seemed like I was driving a golf cart. There was just a little too much delay between when I wanted to go and when the vehicle fully started and moved.

However, with the eTorque, I don't even notice it starting and stopping unless I happen to see the light on the cluster or have the radio low enough I can hear the engine stop running. It's rare that I have my radio that low.

I guess I can't think of a valid reason to disable it.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not sure which is worse, A.S.S. or MDS :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
MDS imo.
However, with the eTorque, I don't even notice it starting and stopping unless I happen to see the light on the cluster or have the radio low enough I can hear the engine stop running. It's rare that I have my radio that low.

The new start-stop on 2025s no longer have eTorque so I suspect will blow through 12V batteries and be less smooth.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
When I first purchased my Ram I was skeptical of the auto stop/start system because other vehicles I had driven with it seemed like I was driving a golf cart. There was just a little too much delay between when I wanted to go and when the vehicle fully started and moved.

Not sure why anyone else needs to know the reasons. I get the curiosity. But when people try to argue and try to convince others not to disable it is when it becomes annoying. Suffice it to say our trucks our choice. ;)

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not sure why anyone else needs to know the reasons. I get the curiosity. But when people try to argue and try to convince others not to disable it is when it becomes annoying. Suffice it to say our trucks our choice. ;)
our trucks our choice, our trucks our choice, our trucks our choice... Wait a second.... our body our choice? Uhoh

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
MDS is worse IMHO. You can disable start/stop with an inexpensive device. MDS is not as easy to deal with.
You can keep MDS off by using the gear limiter switch on your steering wheel, or putting the truck in tow/haul mode. Or with a Pulsar.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No different than arguing why it's a bad system, and trying to justify your choice. Works both ways. If I hear a convincing reason, I can accept it. Haven't heard one yet

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
No different than arguing why it's a bad system, and trying to justify your choice. Works both ways. If I hear a convincing reason, I can accept it. Haven't heard one yet
Here's a convincing reason. I love the sound of cold starts. A\SS allows me to hear that every minute I stop even if other people think i'm stalling out and juicing it,

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure why anyone else needs to know the reasons. I get the curiosity.
I suspect it's because just because people can't see or think of a logic reason, they may still be open to the possibility that someone might have a logical reason they didn't think of.

But when people try to argue and try to convince others not to disable it is when it becomes annoying.
I've not really paid attention to people's reasons for disabling, but what you describe often occurs when the reasons for disabling it are unsupported or defy reason. Opposing views on a forum like that are very valuable. Many people reading online forums are very easily manipulated into spending time and money on things they really don't need just because someone else told them it was important. Reminds me of a recent thread where someone suggest an oil catch can was an essential upgrade for the Hemi. There is no benefit to an oil catch can on a port injected engine as the valves are being constantly cleaned with injected fuel.

Suffice it to say our trucks our choice. ;)

True and no one denies you that choice. However, that is not support for a position posted on social media that may influence others. That's often the reply when people struggle to logically defend a position. ;)

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
You can keep MDS off by using the gear limiter switch on your steering wheel, or putting the truck in tow/haul mode. Or with a Pulsar.
And you can keep start/stop off by pushing a single button. What's your point? How much does a pulsar cost? Autostop eliminator is $99. When I bought one it was $30 off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/