5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mr.Grid

Reaction score
I’m looking at the 2025 and need tow mirrors to see around a 8.5’ wide trailer. WTH did they do to the fold up / down tow mirrors that were on Rams from 2009? These new tow mirrors look like something off a Ferd or Cheby. How obnoxious to have to look at/ around this when not towing. This isn’t a semi tractor.

lonepeak

Reaction score
I don’t need the tow mirrors but they caught my eye to.
Huge. Most noticeable when you apply them to truck on the build page.

Last edited:

pensfan

Reaction score
I drove a Grand Wagoneer, with the HO Hurricane yesterday. My daughter got one as a loaner. Terrible turbo lag. It takes off like any other 6, until about 25 MPH. Then it's a rocket! Towing capacity sucks too. Only 5,600 LBS. For a Vehicle larger than a Suburban, I would expect better. I'm glad I got the Hemi, before it ended.
The turbo lag is what I am afraid of. It won't be the smooth Hemi power delivery. Probably when the turbo kicks in, the gas mileage is worse than the Hemi.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
H.O. engine specs 0W40 oil. When the engineer was asked why, "It gives better bearing protection."

Funny, we've been saying that for years and nobody would listen. Guys put that watery 20 weight oil in their V8 and then wonder why it ticks and the internals don't last.

I would use the 40 on S.O. or H.O. either one if I were to buy a 2025 Ram.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
H.O. engine specs 0W40 oil. When the engineer was asked why, "It gives better bearing protection."

Funny, we've been saying that for years and nobody would listen. Guys put that watery 20 weight oil in their V8 and then wonder why it ticks and the internals don't last.

oh boy, now you gone and done it 🤣

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Comparing a turbo engine to a N/A engine is apples to oranges. Clearances are generally bigger on forced induction engines.

vdrsnk04

Reaction score
I love the Hurricane in our Grand Wagoneer. Love it so much that I’m actually considering buying the new Ram since it is getting a HO version and you don’t have to settle for the hemi anymore. To me the hemi was and always has been underpowered inefficient and noisy.

lonepeak

Reaction score
I love the Hurricane in our Grand Wagoneer. Love it so much that I’m actually considering buying the new Ram since it is getting a HO version and you don’t have to settle for the hemi anymore. To me the hemi was and always has been underpowered inefficient and noisy.
I'm assuming you have the SO in the Wagoneer? Nice to hear your opinion on it. Previous road testers have said less turbo lag in the SO but longer in the HO until about 25-30 mph. Usually when I need power as on an offramp or passing I'm already up to that speed so I'm not convinced yet that will be an issue with the HO. I'm also waiting to order Limited HO.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score

🤦‍♂️ here we go again. lol

lonepeak

Reaction score
Got this from a dealer in NE yesterday when I inquired about the Limited so looks like no new news.
We still have not heard about production for the 2025 Ram, but they did just open up the ordering for them. Custom orders don't seem to have any importance over lot ordered vehicles. Ram tends to build what they want, when they want.

vdrsnk04

Reaction score
I'm assuming you have the SO in the Wagoneer? Nice to hear your opinion on it. Previous road testers have said less turbo lag in the SO but longer in the HO until about 25-30 mph. Usually when I need power as on an offramp or passing I'm already up to that speed so I'm not convinced yet that will be an issue with the HO. I'm also waiting to order Limited HO.
Our Grand Wagoneer Hurricane is rated at 510hp/500tq. I don’t notice a lag in it. It’s not an NA vehicle that is immediate, but then again the hurricane will blow away the hemi. If you want to experience real lag, get in my 2022 Ram 2500 Cummins lol.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

1710960171023.gif

SD Rebel

Reaction score

Ok, not opening whole can, just lifting the lid slightly here.....

The 6.4L Hemi requires 40W, yet still has all those same problems that the 5.7L that comes with 20W. Those issues you mentioned likely isn't caused by oil weight.

The Hurricane is a completely different motor to either the 5.7L or 6.4L plus twin turbo, different specs and requirements across the board.

Last edited:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Ok, not opening whole can, just lifting the lid slightly here.....

The 6.4L Hemi requires 40W, yet still has all those same problems that the 5.7L that comes with 20W. Those issues you mentioned likely isn't caused by oil weight.

The Hurricane is a completely different motor to either the 5.7L or 6.4L plus twin turbo, different specs and requirements across the board.
:ROFLMAO: Who are you trying to kid? Just own it...you ripped off top and dumped it out with that post

silver billet

Reaction score
Since the can is already opened: there are different causes of "tick". Many engines just have a noisy sound, and yes viscosity (among other things) can remove that tick/noise in whole or in part.

Tick that is actually lifter damage, my view is that the lifter is defective from the factory and even the best oil out there can't necessarily save it, perhaps it can lengthen the time before the lifter fails.

vdrsnk04

Reaction score
Maybe it was mentioned previously in this thread, idk. But I noticed that the Rambox is standard on everything above Laramie. I normally buy a limited, but I can’t stand Rambox. So that sucks you can’t deselect it!

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Since the can is already opened: there are different causes of "tick". Many engines just have a noisy sound, and yes viscosity (among other things) can remove that tick/noise in whole or in part.

Tick that is actually lifter damage, my view is that the lifter is defective from the factory and even the best oil out there can't necessarily save it, perhaps it can lengthen the time before the lifter fails.

That we certainly agree on.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Maybe it was mentioned previously in this thread, idk. But I noticed that the Rambox is standard on everything above Laramie. I normally buy a limited, but I can’t stand Rambox. So that sucks you can’t deselect it!
You can get the Rebel without them, but yeah, people have whined about that already :p

Just messing around. I'm all about getting the rambox and MFT combination, but I realize not everyone likes one or the other. It's only going to hurt Ram to not offer those trim levels without ramboxes. There doesn't seem to be many people who don't care if they have them or not. Most either love them or hate them.

Users who are viewing this thread