5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
You can't delete standard items from any trim level. Because I'm curious, which features don't you want on the Limited? 22 inch wheels aren't standard on the Limited. Some of the option packages force them though (such as the Night Edition package), so you'll want to know exactly what comes with any option packages you're thinking about getting. And I haven't seen an official configurator, but in past years for the 5th gen 1500, Laramies have come with LED reflector headlights. I'm assuming the same for 2025 models. You seem to be in the minority from what I've read in this and other Ram forums with preferring the SO engine. But we like what we like.

Last edited:

lonepeak

Reaction score
May want the night edition, not sure 22" tires is big issues but I do fair amount of distance driving, some gravel, and maybe 20" a little more forgiving on rough roads. Definitely have no need for the passenger screen and appears to take up room I like for glove boxes. Not opposed to the HO engine and usually don't turn down more HP but for mostly cruising and highway driving, little towing?? Does anyone have opinion on projector headlights vs the LEDs on the Laramie? Not sure what my '15 Laramie has.

lonepeak

Reaction score
I see my '15 Laramie had Bi-Function Halogen Projector headlights. Not sure how that differs from the Limited Bi-Function LED headlamps now listed on the Laramie or the difference it makes. I know they have improved somewhat with less glare and better coverage.

Last edited:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
May want the night edition, not sure 22" tires is big issues but I do fair amount of distance driving, some gravel, and maybe 20" a little more forgiving on rough roads. Definitely have no need for the passenger screen and appears to take up room I like for glove boxes. Not opposed to the HO engine and usually don't turn down more HP but for mostly cruising and highway driving, little towing?? Does anyone have opinion on projector headlights vs the LEDs on the Laramie? Not sure what my '15 Laramie has.
You might consider the Off Road group if you drive on a lot of rough roads. That comes with 20's. I've read that for 2025, you can now combine the Night Edition with the Off Road Group on the Limited, and it comes with 20 inch wheels.

I owned a 2017 Rebel, which had halogen projector headlights. I also owned a 2020 Laramie with LED reflectors. And our current Limited has LED projectors. In my opinion the halogen projectors were the worst by far. The LED reflectors were much better, but still come in a distant second to the Limited LED projectors. I would recommend a Limited for the headlights alone. But I drive a lot of unlit back country roads with lots of wildlife.

lonepeak

Reaction score
Don't do enough off road to warrant the "group" but like your points on the headlights as I am in deer country. I'm clearly leaning towards the Limited and the HO, just don't see a need for the passenger screen. Do like the Night Edition and the black wheels.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I was seeing a 2025 Ram Laramie show up at my local dealer. This is what I heard about when it might ship or arrive.

“It’s showing a 2/22 ship date, which means it could be within a week of that, or not lol. Trucks should be leaving the factory this week.”

I guess that’s a good sign that things are moving along.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know if items can be deleted on the '25 Limited? If I load up a Laramie with what I want it comes out close to the Limited price, many items already included on the Limited. On the other hand I do not want the "passenger display" and maybe not 22" tires included on the Limited. The Laramie does not come with the projector headlights which I think I'd prefer over the LEDs. Given my use I also do not know if I want the HO engine, only choice on the Limited. For now I'm trying to decide between the two. Any thoughts welcome.

Back to Daytona 500.
Keep in mind, if you load up a Laramie like a Limited, you will not see that upon resale / trade in. A bare bones Limited has a higher book value than a Laramie with every option checked...

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Keep in mind, if you load up a Laramie like a Limited, you will not see that upon resale / trade in. A bare bones Limited has a higher book value than a Laramie with every option checked...
If people are concerned about resale value buy a used truck imo.
But yes, higher trims even if the same keep value because, reasons.

lonepeak

Reaction score
I agree firecadkt. But I really dislike having a passenger screen on the upper models, and I know the driver can't see it. Make it an option. Enough screens in our lives. Maybe the passenger can enjoy the ride, see the scenery even have a conversation. Besides the passenger will have a phone that can do anything the screen can. Just a personal thing - another reason not to pay attention to ones surroundings or interact.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I agree firecadkt. But I really dislike having a passenger screen on the upper models, and I know the driver can't see it. Make it an option. Enough screens in our lives. Maybe the passenger can enjoy the ride, see the scenery even have a conversation. Besides the passenger will have a phone that can do anything the screen can. Just a personal thing - another reason not to pay attention to ones surroundings or interact.
I quit using CarPlay/android auto and I listen to CDs in my limited. It has made driving so much more enjoyable. I don’t have to finger bang my phone and twist and pull cables to listen to music. I am probably the last generation that remembers life before a cell phones and screens. I remember the old days of driving without gps and cameras. I wish we could go back.

You can turn off the passenger screen by the way but you still lose the storage space.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If people are concerned about resale value buy a used truck imo.
But yes, higher trims even if the same keep value because, reasons.
Most should be concerned with resale value, especially those that trade often...it all factors into the overall cost. Especially if you turn trucks every 2-3 years. With the high used values, it's a bad idea to buy used.

IMO, it's foolish to load up a lower trim level (like a Bighorn to a Laramie or Laramie to a Limited - or a XLT to a Lariat, etc). You'll never see the true impact of those individual options when you go to sell it.

This has been discussed here ad nauseam, but to each their own...

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I quit using CarPlay/android auto and I listen to CDs in my limited. It has made driving so much more enjoyable. I don’t have to finger bang my phone and twist and pull cables to listen to music. I am probably the last generation that remembers life before a cell phones and screens. I remember the old days of driving without gps and cameras. I wish we could go back.

You can turn off the passenger screen by the way but you still lose the storage space.
I remember life before CD players, and having to swap them out instead of listening to the same songs over and over again. Just turn on local FM station of my choice and they play a variety of music I enjoy

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Most should be concerned with resale value, especially those that trade often...it all factors into the overall cost. Especially if you turn trucks every 2-3 years. With the high used values, it's a bad idea to buy used.

IMO, it's foolish to load up a lower trim level (like a Bighorn to a Laramie or Laramie to a Limited - or a XLT to a Lariat, etc). You'll never see the true impact of those individual options when you go to sell it.

I would say it's foolish to trade in a truck once it hits 2 years old.
Why waste the money on resale value if you didn't get what you wanted to start with?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I'm sure this will offend some people, but if you are trading in a truck every 2-3 years, you have more money than sense. Wait, scratch that, you won't have much money either because you will never be far enough ahead to not have a loan.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm sure this will offend some people, but if you are trading in a truck every 2-3 years, you have more money than sense. Wait, scratch that, you won't have much money either because you will never be far enough ahead to not have a loan.
I know guys who buy a new truck every two years and pay cash. Others buy a new one every year. Don’t even bat an eye. Loans don’t matter when your rich.

dcchris311

Reaction score
So, has the actual production begun for the 2025MY? If so, has the Vin tracker updated with the latest batch of the 25MY that are rolling off the line?

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tell me you've never had a car allowance or a company car without telling me that...

So, like I said more money than sense

Not at all. It's all about making the best use of your money. Leases are typically 2-3 years for a reason.

If you don't consider resale value when you buy a $50,000+ vehicle, I sure hope you keep it until it's just about ran into the ground (which just about no one does these days).

Last edited:

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would say it's foolish to trade in a truck once it hits 2 years old.
Why waste the money on resale value if you didn't get what you wanted to start with?
Who said they didn't get what they wanted to start with? If you order a truck, you typically get what you want (and your name on the window sticker - I have a few of those)!

When you drive a lot and you have an allowance for it, why not stay in a new truck? Plenty of folks on this forum seem to trade every few years (surely with themselves footing the bill).

When I had an auto allowance, I'd order a new one at the two year / 60,000 or so miles point. I found that was a good spot before the value took a hit due to mileage. Went with the newer body style one time, switched brands another time.

I know guys who buy a new truck every two years and pay cash. Others buy a new one every year. Don’t even bat an eye. Loans don’t matter when your rich.
Guys like that keep Detroit (and the economy running). Not to mention, keep the lots full of clean, late model trucks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread