5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else annoyed by the "side pockets" on the center console? Ideas for them?

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have to say I’m surprised by how many of you not only eat French fries in your trucks, but don’t notice that they’re falling in there. I can hear the sound of my daughter THINKING about leaving food in my truck.
It's a work truck. If the choice is between petrified fries in the console or starving to death, I opt for the fries. I do, however, have some ground rules - no condiments, nothing that drips or is sticky.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Haha, I use em for stashing mail temporarily, if I happen to grab it leaving instead of coming home.

Next we need a half dozen pages on that little cubby hole at the very bottom left-front of the center console that if you put something small in there you're guaranteed to forget it ever existed 🤣
I didn't know that cubby was there. I put my Spot GPS locator on the bottom of my console and it slid into that cubby on my way home from a ride. I thought I lost it, so I ordered another one. Two weeks later, I found it after it slid out of there just enough that I could see it. Fortunately, I was able to cancel the order for the new unit because it was backordered. 😁

BigD

Reaction score
I love all the cool storage areas in these trucks. Love putting a gallon of milk in the center counsel. I also will put my gallon water cooler there when driving to work. It's the perfect spot. Everywhere else it ends up falling over mid drive. The skinny spot u guys are talking about I put a notebook in there. Fits perfectly. The CD slot can be used for your wallet.

SGMBailey

Reaction score
I have to say I’m surprised by how many of you not only eat French fries in your trucks, but don’t notice that they’re falling in there. I can hear the sound of my daughter THINKING about leaving food in my truck.
I take care of all my vehicles and try to keep them showroom clean, but my truck is still a truck.

Lord Helmet

Reaction score
As the dude who started this thread, I can happily report that 3 years in I have finally figured out the optimal use of the side pockets: stale french fry storage holder. Last 3 times I have cleaned out the truck I found petrified fries in those pocketsi :ROFLMAO:
My mummy made me write...

I will not leave french fries in the new truck. I will not leave french fries in the new truck. I will not leave french fries in the new truck.
I will not leave french fries in the new truck. I will not leave french fries in the new truck. I will not leave french fries in the new truck.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OK, it's no secret I love this truck. It's comfortable, well put together, just a nice overall ride. But I have finally found something that I find annoying/aggravating (other than the fuel filler/capless setup which I don't like at all).

It's the "side pockets" on the center console. You have to have some kind of midget fingers (little people?) to put your damn hand in there. Every time something drops in there I end up with a flat head screwdriver or something similar fishing it out of there. Who the hell designed that opening?

Anyway, has anyone found a good solution for either blocking it off or making it easier to use?
3 Pringles in various broken down sizes, 2 Cheezies and a dried up piece of roast beef from my sandwich I had in Aug 2021.
It’s become my “Crumb Catcher” while eating on the go!
Narrow nozzle on the vacuum gets a lot of use! My mitts are too big to retrieve anything of miniature size.

Last edited:

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I love all the cool storage areas in these trucks. Love putting a gallon of milk in the center counsel. I also will put my gallon water cooler there when driving to work. It's the perfect spot. Everywhere else it ends up falling over mid drive. The skinny spot u guys are talking about I put a notebook in there. Fits perfectly. The CD slot can be used for your wallet.
If I put a gallon of milk in my center console then all the receipts I don't need, misc paper notes, half packs of gum and other assorted junk that gets lost in the canyon would get wet from the condensation.

BilletMotoRam

Reaction score
If I put a gallon of milk in my center console then all the receipts I don't need, misc paper notes, half packs of gum and other assorted junk that gets lost in the canyon would get wet from the condensation.
I usually put my 2 gallon jugs of 5/40 shell rotella T6 in there, great stuff!!!

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A little pricy for your little whip but a some King Ranch bling to keep your mission orders, things us Boomers call “maps” or your Kitchen Pass for your weekend run to Home Depot.

Attachments

• 986E6B14-FB62-4635-A5FE-3E5F58010F12.jpeg
    986E6B14-FB62-4635-A5FE-3E5F58010F12.jpeg
    224.4 KB · Views: 117
  • 2B43E279-9F62-4484-B132-3658E4969717.jpeg
    2B43E279-9F62-4484-B132-3658E4969717.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 119

Users who are viewing this thread