5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else annoyed by the "side pockets" on the center console? Ideas for them?

Ram Ranch

Reaction score
This isn’t mine, but someone posted how they hang theirs. I do it the same way
5aef2675c4170b0d7d105f2db4359ece.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why didn't i think of this!!

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did the same after I bought mine Le and haven't looked at it again since. But to keep in the pocket right next to ya while driving??? Sorry, but to me, that's funny :ROFLMAO:
There's no way my manual would fit in that pocket, it's something like 600 pages and it has a cloth cover that it sits inside. It takes up a good part of the glovebox; how do you guys get it to fit in that side pocket?🤔

paul30415

Reaction score
There's no way my manual would fit in that pocket, it's something like 600 pages and it has a cloth cover that it sits inside. It takes up a good part of the glovebox; how do you guys get it to fit in that side pocket?🤔
I took it out of the cloth cover. It fits.

86grand

Reaction score
OK, it's no secret I love this truck. It's comfortable, well put together, just a nice overall ride. But I have finally found something that I find annoying/aggravating (other than the fuel filler/capless setup which I don't like at all).

It's the "side pockets" on the center console. You have to have some kind of midget fingers (little people?) to put your damn hand in there. Every time something drops in there I end up with a flat head screwdriver or something similar fishing it out of there. Who the hell designed that opening?

Anyway, has anyone found a good solution for either blocking it off or making it easier to use?
I haven't put anything in there yet, but i think midget fingers would be at the end of the list as they usually are short and chubby. Could probably fit one in the console standing up :)

BigD

Reaction score
A notebook fits in there perfectly for a mileage log.

Rupp

Reaction score
I didn't even notice these :) I obviously haven't used them but they certainly do not aggravate me. Looks like a great storage location for my phone cables when not in use.

flyfingers

Reaction score
I didn't even notice these :) I obviously haven't used them but they certainly do not aggravate me. Looks like a great storage location for my phone cables when not in use.
Same here - never even saw them until this thread nor do I see any reason for them to annoy me. Now that I know they are there I'll probably stuff some friggin masks in 'em.

Roaddog359

Reaction score
Thats a good idea, but thats a LH holster and im a righty. I guess i could just buy a lefty just for the truck.

Righty here too! just order a lefty or an appendix holster

Terb59

Reaction score
I have a Window Surface 6 in my side pocket. The charger plugs into the 110 inverter so it always charged and ready to connect to the Ram WiFi!
a63638dc548c8e52dfc9cc0ba0da1db2.jpg

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a Window Surface 6 in my side pocket. The charger plugs into the 110 inverter so it always charged and ready to connect to the Ram WiFi!
a63638dc548c8e52dfc9cc0ba0da1db2.jpg

I did have my surface pro 3 a couple of times too! And an iPad. Would be even better if there was an opening for the power cord, make less of a mess coming out of that middle console
Great fit. For a lot of these gadgets

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
I have my folded up windshield screen stored in the passenger side when not in use. Fits well. Nothing in the driver side.

BigD

Reaction score
Notebook fits in that spot perfectly

Users who are viewing this thread