5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any of you guys have done 6112's in the front ?

U

User_21239

Also, the letters next to the numbers (AA, AB, AC, etc) don't really matter. As long as the numbers match whatever you're looking for, then you're good. The letters basically represent the production order. So the AA's were an earlier production run than the AB's or AC's, but its still the same spring. The numbers are all the really matters.
Thanks.

mr.fusion

Reaction score
I just got a set of 6112/5160... not installed yet. I'm looking at doing clip setting #4 or #5. I know most are probably doing #6-8 but I don't have ORP and I think 1-1.5 inch lift is enough for me.

Any thoughts, or similar setups that have been done, let me know! I will post pics when I finally get them installed....

dwalme

Reaction score
I haven’t done it yet but I’m leaning towards clip #4 myself. I have the regular suspension Hemi crew cab.

I probably won’t install for another week or so.

Ram/Tun

Reaction score
305/65r18
Would these tires be considered as a 33 or 35?

Reason I'm asking as I ordered new wheels 20x10 with -18 offset and going front bilstein 2.6" rear ICON 1.5" lift for about total maybe 1" difference between front and rear, little rake.

Now many said going with 33"x12.5 tires would look small and I'm not sure if I should upgrade tires or not. Order placed but not received. Now not really sure what to do. I don't like to have rub issues but same time I'm put money now and not looking to change tires again.
Plan were to go with Cooper discover xlt's 33"x12.5 20

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

jellyballs

Reaction score
I just installed my 6112's on setting 7 and put on 20x10 -19's with 35/12.5 ridge grapplers. Absolutely love it! I did however have to remove the little factory plastic piece on the the rear of the front wheel wells. It's a super close fit
IMG_3237.jpg IMG_3242.jpg IMG_3243.jpg

Ram/Tun

Reaction score
I just installed my 6112's on setting 7 and put on 20x10 -19's with 35/12.5 ridge grapplers. Absolutely love it! I did however have to remove the little factory plastic piece on the the rear of the front wheel wells. It's a super close fit
View attachment 77492 View attachment 77493 View attachment 77494
Awesome looking truck and setup. Since I'm doing bilstein 5100 similar to yours at front on 2.6" setting 7 with same size of the wheels -18 offset just don't like to be that close with bigger tires and trim. I ordered tires cooper discover at3 xlt's 33"x12.5 hope won't be bad looking on sides. Going ICON rears coil spring 1.5" for little rake. Probably will be higher at rear by 1"

Catamount50

Reaction score
Would these tires be considered as a 33 or 35?

Reason I'm asking as I ordered new wheels 20x10 with -18 offset and going front bilstein 2.6" rear ICON 1.5" lift for about total maybe 1" difference between front and rear, little rake.

Now many said going with 33"x12.5 tires would look small and I'm not sure if I should upgrade tires or not. Order placed but not received. Now not really sure what to do. I don't like to have rub issues but same time I'm put money now and not looking to change tires again.
Plan were to go with Cooper discover xlt's 33"x12.5 20

The 305/65 is somewhere in between. 35's are usually closer to about 34.5 actual inches. And 33's are typically closer to roughly 32.5 actual inches. The 305/65 is about 33.6" and about 12.2" wide. I think the 35's look great, but I'm also very happy with the ones I chose and don't regret it at all.

Go to https://us.coopertire.com/tires/discoverer-at3-xlt and click the "Full Specs" drop down menu to see actual measurements of the tires.

Nsm42

Reaction score
The reviews sound very favorable on the 6112s. If I’m running the 5100s on my Rebel at setting 5 will the 6112s at setting 8 net me a slight lift? Thank you for the advice.

Mother

Reaction score
The reviews sound very favorable on the 6112s. If I’m running the 5100s on my Rebel at setting 5 will the 6112s at setting 8 net me a slight lift? Thank you for the advice.
Last I checked 2"=2". Why would it be any higher?

Nsm42

Reaction score
Last I checked 2"=2". Why would it be any higher?
I wasn’t certain of the total amount of lift of the 5100s at setting 5 on a Rebel. I had assumed it was less than 2”

jellyballs

Reaction score
I have it on #7 and got exactly 2” out of it on my Non-ORP/non-air bighorn. I do however have a pretty hefty front bumper on the truck which brings down the front end a touch. Had to remove splash guards and still have a slight rub at full lock on inner wheel well liner that can be remedied easily, I’ve just been lazy.
Overall, I drove it with my stock tires for a couple days and it was vastly improved on road and off road. Firmer? A little, but not in a bad way or in a very noticeable way. Just felt more planted and stable.
Then i threw on 35/12.5r20 load F ridge grapplers and now it rides like...well...a truck. I feel the small imperfections in the road now, but medium to bigger hits are fine.
Point is, the 6112s are hands down a vast improvement over stock. But do not expect to keep the limo ride quality we have if you plan on going 35s or similar.

Manuel

Reaction score
Im waiting for my kit from bilstein, the UCA will hopefully be home next tuesday... so I went and measure hub to fender and I have 22” in the front and 24 3/4 in the back, mines 4x4 Laramie with the ORP. I think I will need to go full 8 on the settings so it will look leveled.. any suggesti9ns? Ill make sure to post before and after pics after the install.

Zeeya

Reaction score
Anyone running these on ring 8 on a rebel?
The vide of install just a few above your question shows the guy installing the 6112's on a Rebel on setting #8. I'm looking at getting the 6112's since I have waited for 2.5 months on 5100's and got an email they will now be delivered on 4/3. That puts them at 4.5 months out since I ordered them........ Frustrating.........

antwon412

Reaction score
The vide of install just a few above your question shows the guy installing the 6112's on a Rebel on setting #8. I'm looking at getting the 6112's since I have waited for 2.5 months on 5100's and got an email they will now be delivered on 4/3. That puts them at 4.5 months out since I ordered them........ Frustrating.........
Where did you order them from? I’ve got mine direct from bilstienlifts.com. I had them in a couple days.

Roaminglost

Reaction score
Getting 6112s installed tomorrow along with Total chaos fab UCA's.
I will update on the outcome

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online