5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any of you guys have done 6112's in the front ?

CJR28

Reaction score
Where did you find them for sale?

CJR28

Reaction score
I saw them listed but noone has them for sale yet. Im looking to order a set as soon as theyre available

merdon1332000

Reaction score
wonder if they're better then the fox shocks. only change is they're 2.5" vs 2.0" right?

Ram1500rsm

Reaction score
wonder if they're better then the fox shocks. only change is they're 2.5" vs 2.0" right?
They're not race shocks per se so they're not in the performance level with a Fox 2.5 Coilover for example. They have more displacement than a Fox 2.0 CO though so on a heavy truck like our RAM's the 6112's will perform a little better than a Fox 2.0 Coilover. Fox 2.5 CO's have much better internals and will hold up to much longer offroad sessions wishstanding more abuse without fading. Not even talking about adjustability of the CO's That's why CO's are more expensive and better offroading. But a 6112 is bound leaps better than a 5100 offroad.
8112's will be the equivalent of a Fox 2.5 but Bilstein don't make those for our trucks though i'd think if you call Bistein they could make you something out of them just like King of Fox could make 3.0 displacement coilovers/shocks if you ask.

CJR28

Reaction score
Are OEM/Mopar UCAs going to work with the 6112s? I have a set of mopars lying around but im wondering if i should upgrade to RC UCAs

Ram1500rsm

Reaction score
You won't need UCA's if you keep your height at 2", past 2 is up to you. from what i've read the Mopar BJ seems to angle down a tiny bit more but they're not different than the standard UCA's everybody have ? or perhaps is just camera angle?

Most aftermarket UCA's should have an offset built into the arms. Don't buy if they don't.. unless you're doing a 4-6" bracket lift that requires factory lenght/offset UCA's. The offset is there to aid your caster/camber after 2-3 lift" how much more beneficial for your alignment that's is totally up to you it. Also the aftermaket ones have usually more HD BJ's and/or BJ's that can flex even more than the traditional BJ's and even more heavy duty than traditional HD BJ's so they can take a lot more offroad abuse, aftermarket arms are also beefier as well.

People doing 3" lift are doing aftermarket UCA's but you could do them even from 2" if you wanted. I've always done aftermarket UCA's with at least 2-3 of lift. If i had a 5th gen it wouldn't be any different. I did Zone UCA's with just 2" when i started modding my truck. (4th gen), and those have allowed to me run 37's with just a 2.5" lift running high caster in my alignment with them.

wpm1960

Reaction score
I was looking for these also. Contacted Shock Warehouse and they said they are brand new for our trucks. They just emailed me that they have the information to order them now but they will be shipped directly from Bilstein until they get them in stock. It looks like the shocks and springs come separate and you have to put them together yourself using some of the OEM parts. On other trucks they offer them put together, at the height you want for an additional fee. Hopefully they will also do that once they carry them in stock to make it easier for self install.

coolhandluchs

Reaction score
I'm giving the 6112/5160 combo serious consideration. I'd like to get abut 1 - 1.5" of lift for the rear though, to complement the 2 - 2.5" of front lift. Does anyone have recommendations for taller springs? I've emailed Bilstein and they've politely declined to help out with spring suggestions.

CJR28

Reaction score
I'm giving the 6112/5160 combo serious consideration. I'd like to get abut 1 - 1.5" of lift for the rear though, to complement the 2 - 2.5" of front lift. Does anyone have recommendations for taller springs? I've emailed Bilstein and they've politely declined to help out with spring suggestions.
Icon makes 1.5” rear springs or you can go with the ORP springs for 1” and there a couple bucks cheaper than the Icons. Eventually my plan is to have the 6112s in front on the 6th or 7th setting with Icons springs and the 5160s. I also probably upgrade to the RC UCAs too at that point

Ram1500rsm

Reaction score
If you don't have ORP, then Icon 1.5" or Eibach 1" E30-27-011-02-02 will work out for you. According to Icons you should see a 0.5" more than ORP so technically you'll see 1.5" out of the Icons. The Eibach will be the equivalent of the Mopar ORP, i'd think also with a little more spring rate than ORP.

If you have ORP already and wanted more lift you can do Clayton 2.5" coil springs. You'll see 1-1.5" more than ORP with more weight support. Would be ideal for those of you with Rebels or ORP equipped trucks that will be into expedition/overlanding tasks etc and add a truck cap in the bed, aftermarket bumpers, bigger wheel/tires, RTT's etc etc and want to keep your truck level with your 3" front.

and
Look at post 39 here with measurements, but read everything in there for more details

Last edited:

coolhandluchs

Reaction score
It sounds like the Icon springs might be my best bet, since my truck doesn't have the off-road package. As long as the spring rate works with the 5160s, they should get me pretty close to what I'm looking for.
I do have about 400-500 lbs of weight (shell, drawers, tools, etc.) in the bed all the time, and I'm looking for better washboard/forest road performance overall. Folks generally seem happy with the Icon springs.

Ram1500rsm

Reaction score
It sounds like the Icon springs might be my best bet, since my truck doesn't have the off-road package. As long as the spring rate works with the 5160s, they should get me pretty close to what I'm looking for.
I do have about 400-500 lbs of weight (shell, drawers, tools, etc.) in the bed all the time, and I'm looking for better washboard/forest road performance overall. Folks generally seem happy with the Icon springs.
I had the Icons 1.5" before the Claytons 2.5" Both seem close in terms of the weight they can support. They're progressive so their spring rate varies with weight. you can't exactly predict how much sag you'll have like you can with linear but as opposed to linear rates, Icon have a much heavier rate than stock when pushed down with load. We don't know how much they need to sag before reaching out that load rate though. We have guys doing verifications around (Thanks to everybody adding weight in the back to test and measuring with ORP, Clayton etc :) so if you get Icons in your non-ORP truck it'll be interesting to see your lift height, and if you can do a measurement with 300 and 500lbs of weight in your bed, you guys will have a nice reference point with 3 different springs.

Those Icons will work nicely with 400-500lbs of weight, keep in mind they'll sag around 1" overtime with that weight. So you'll be back to whatever you have now with your factory non-ORP springs or 0.5" higher at the most. Again I haven't been able to confirm how much height you'll gain with them in the DT trucks but given the consistency i've seen with Claytons and what i had with Icons before i'm confident if you keep your front at 2" lift, the back should look level with the Icons and 400-500lbs of bed weight. all this only for Non-ORP equipped DT trucks.

Icons are 19.5" long progressive rate (You can run up to 27" maybe 27.5" extended shocks before you can unseat them, heavier spring rate should be 360lbs/inch)
ORP are 20.5" linear
Eibach E30-27-011-02-02 are 20.5" linear
Claytons are 21.5" progressive (you can run 29" maybe 30" extended shocks before you can unseat them, Heavier spring rate is 360lbs/inch)

Hope it helps.

Last edited:

Catamount50

Reaction score
I bought the 6112's for my 2020 Ram 1500 about a week and half ago, and they're currently sitting on my dining room table waiting to be installed. I bought them from a vendor on another forum, and although they were shipped directly from Bilstein, they got here in about a week.

Side note, I'd like to get a set of ORP rear springs to bring the rear up 1", but there's at least two different part numbers for them (68262684AB and 68262686AB). I'm hesitant to buy one without knowing what the difference is. A different spring rate? Does anyone know? Also, when I type in the Eibach part number into Eibach's site, it brings up the part but says "coming soon". I can't find anywhere that's actually selling that part number.

Ram89

Reaction score
I bought the 6112's for my 2020 Ram 1500 about a week and half ago, and they're currently sitting on my dining room table waiting to be installed. I bought them from a vendor on another forum, and although they were shipped directly from Bilstein, they got here in about a week.

Side note, I'd like to get a set of ORP rear springs to bring the rear up 1", but there's at least two different part numbers for them (68262684AB and 68262686AB). I'm hesitant to buy one without knowing what the difference is. A different spring rate? Does anyone know? Also, when I type in the Eibach part number into Eibach's site, it brings up the part but says "coming soon". I can't find anywhere that's actually selling that part number.
What is the part number on your 6112 boxes? The set I ordered arrived today and it looks like they are part number 24-298810 and not 47-293540.

CJR28

Reaction score
The part number I have for the 6112’s is bilstein 47-293540. Does anyone have the part number for the oem top mount for the strut assembly? I plan on assembling coilovers and replacing and selling my 5100’s as whole asemblies

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online