5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any of you guys have done 6112's in the front ?

Catamount50

Reaction score
The part number I have for the 6112’s is bilstein 47-293540. Does anyone have the part number for the oem top mount for the strut assembly? I plan on assembling coilovers and replacing and selling my 5100’s as whole asemblies
It looks like 68329762AC. There are a few small parts on the OEM assembly that get re-used. I would look at the 6112 instructions and compare it to an OEM diagram like the one here https://www.mymoparparts.com/v-2020...suspension--front-suspension-strut-and-cradle to see what all you need. I legitimately thought about doing the same thing to make it more plug and play.

On a side note, the dealership just verified my springs and have the new ones on order. I asked them if they could throw in my 6112's since it wouldn't be any extra work, and it looks like they're going to do it.

CJR28

Reaction score
It looks like 68329762AC. There are a few small parts on the OEM assembly that get re-used. I would look at the 6112 instructions and compare it to an OEM diagram like the one here https://www.mymoparparts.com/v-2020...suspension--front-suspension-strut-and-cradle to see what all you need. I legitimately thought about doing the same thing to make it more plug and play.

On a side note, the dealership just verified my springs and have the new ones on order. I asked them if they could throw in my 6112's since it wouldn't be any extra work, and it looks like they're going to do it.
Shouldnt be an issue having them do it, my dealership did the 5100s for me(but still managed to not install the right ORP springs:rolleyes:) Being that the 6112s come with their own coil springs, your dealer will only be installing the rear ORP springs. Im interested in seeing how your setup looks afterwards

Catamount50

Reaction score
Shouldnt be an issue having them do it, my dealership did the 5100s for me(but still managed to not install the right ORP springs:rolleyes:) Being that the 6112s come with their own coil springs, your dealer will only be installing the rear ORP springs. Im interested in seeing how your setup looks afterwards
It will be 5-7 days before all the parts will be in so I'm guessing conservatively about 2 weeks before its all installed, but I'll post pics to this thread once it's done.

Catamount50

Reaction score
I posted this update in another thread but figured I’d post here too since different people are in this one and may be interested.

Got my 6112/5100’s on today. Went with setting number 7 and it was the right choice for me. Started at about 22” in the front, hub to fender, and currently sitting about 24 1/8. I had the off road springs installed in the rear and gained almost exactly an inch, going from 24” to 25”. So I’m left with a little less than an inch of rake. Very happy with the way it sits.

Haven’t driven far on them so far but initial impressions are good. Seems very smooth and still very factory-like. The technician that did the work had to come out to meet me when I picked the truck up because he loved the truck so much. He was even impressed with how it rode. I think I may have a tire slightly out of balance (just had them installed along with the Bilsteins and they came already mounted and balanced from an online retailer), but otherwise, so far so good. DDD61D03-08A0-4CC1-B2E8-7B701854C36D.jpeg 263721C2-D15A-42A0-9EC3-32CBBBD27ED9.jpeg

antwon412

Reaction score
Looks good. Plan to put mine in Tomorrow.
Originally had the clip on notch 8. After reading about most people getting more than advertised lift I have dropped down to notch 7 as well.

Catamount50

Reaction score
Looks good. Plan to put mine in Tomorrow.
Originally had the clip on notch 8. After reading about most people getting more than advertised lift I have dropped down to notch 7 as well.
I just didn’t want to risk being nose high. I prefer to keep some rake. I would say I got really close to the advertised lift for setting 7. Definitely didn’t get more though. Just my experience anyway.

antwon412

Reaction score
I’m lifted in the rear currently. About 1 1/2“. Prefer rake over leveled though.

dwalme

Reaction score
I just ordered a set of 6112/5160s for my 2021 Big Horn Crew Cab Hemi 4x4 Std Suspension.

I was going to go with #6, but now I am not sure. I am ok with a little rake, but if #7 almost levelled ORP rear springs I am concerned #6 might leave me nose high. Hmm...

921ccfd6f8aaf60df3907a8c627a6e50.jpg

antwon412

Reaction score
Just finished installing mine. On clip 7. Didn’t re-measure yet.
definitely pretty nice. Smoother and overall handle bumps nicer then the already pretty nice stock Rebel suspension.

Catamount50

Reaction score
I just ordered a set of 6112/5160s for my 2021 Big Horn Crew Cab Hemi 4x4 Std Suspension.

I was going to go with #6, but now I am not sure. I am ok with a little rake, but if #7 almost levelled ORP rear springs I am concerned #6 might leave me nose high. Hmm...

921ccfd6f8aaf60df3907a8c627a6e50.jpg
I see that you bought 5160's, but are you lifting the rear any?

My truck had non-ORP suspension at first, and my front height measurement from center of hub to fender was 22". After going with clip 7, I gained almost exactly 2". Maybe a frog hair more.

dwalme

Reaction score
I see that you bought 5160's, but are you lifting the rear any?

My truck had non-ORP suspension at first, and my front height measurement from center of hub to fender was 22". After going with clip 7, I gained almost exactly 2". Maybe a frog hair more.
I wasn't planning on lifting the rear.

Would you say that you were level on clip 7 before raising the rear or a little nose high? (Based on what I read above it looks like you were a little high in the front before adding the springs in the rear with clip 7. So I think clip position 6 is what I am looking for.)

Catamount50

Reaction score
I wasn't planning on lifting the rear.

Would you say that you were level on clip 7 before raising the rear or a little nose high? (Based on what I read above it looks like you were a little high in the front before adding the springs in the rear with clip 7. So I think clip position 6 is what I am looking for.)
So I added the rear ORP springs at the exact same time as the 6112's. I gained exactly 1" in the rear when I did that. Before adding that, I was at about 24" in the rear, and I currently sit at about 24" in the front with clip 7. So had I not lifted the rear, I would be sitting dang near level. Any load in the rear at all would have put me nose high. So if you're looking to maintain a slight rake, I would go with clip 6. BUT, measure your heights first to make sure yours are the same as mine were.

merdon1332000

Reaction score
I posted this update in another thread but figured I’d post here too since different people are in this one and may be interested.

Got my 6112/5100’s on today. Went with setting number 7 and it was the right choice for me. Started at about 22” in the front, hub to fender, and currently sitting about 24 1/8. I had the off road springs installed in the rear and gained almost exactly an inch, going from 24” to 25”. So I’m left with a little less than an inch of rake. Very happy with the way it sits.

Haven’t driven far on them so far but initial impressions are good. Seems very smooth and still very factory-like. The technician that did the work had to come out to meet me when I picked the truck up because he loved the truck so much. He was even impressed with how it rode. I think I may have a tire slightly out of balance (just had them installed along with the Bilsteins and they came already mounted and balanced from an online retailer), but otherwise, so far so good. View attachment 74009 View attachment 74010
What size tires are those

Liam Leen

Reaction score
Just finished installing mine. On clip 7. Didn’t re-measure yet.
definitely pretty nice. Smoother and overall handle bumps nicer then the already pretty nice stock Rebel suspension.
If you don't mind can you send a picture of how your truck looks now?

U

User_21239

Haven’t driven far on them so far but initial impressions are good. Seems very smooth and still very factory-like. The technician that did the work had to come out to meet me when I picked the truck up because he loved the truck so much. He was even impressed with how it rode. I think I may have a tire slightly out of balance (just had them installed along with the Bilsteins and they came already mounted and balanced from an online retailer), but otherwise, so far so good. View attachment 74009 View attachment 74010
Truck looks good. Which part numbers did you end up using for the rear ORP springs?

Catamount50

Reaction score
Truck looks good. Which part numbers did you end up using for the rear ORP springs?
I actually can’t remember off the top of my head what the part numbers were since Ram ended up doing it for free for me. I can tell you that they used these charts to get the correct rear springs. They took my non-lifted spring part number and replaced it with the lifted spring just to the right of it in this chart. So if you are looking to upgrade yours then just get your spring part number and you will need to replace it with the part number just to the right of it on the chart. Thinking back, I think mine may have been the second part numbers from the top on the rear charts. 8D879BB7-E779-40BE-A5CF-C04C7C014186.jpeg 6797B3F2-028F-4ABA-8918-28D9E061EC53.jpeg

U

User_21239

I actually can’t remember off the top of my head what the part numbers were since Ram ended up doing it for free for me. I can tell you that they used these charts to get the correct rear springs. They took my non-lifted spring part number and replaced it with the lifted spring just to the right of it in this chart. So if you are looking to upgrade yours then just get your spring part number and you will need to replace it with the part number just to the right of it on the chart. Thinking back, I think mine may have been the second part numbers from the top on the rear charts. View attachment 75598 View attachment 75599
Great info, Thanks!

Catamount50

Reaction score
Great info, Thanks!
Also, the letters next to the numbers (AA, AB, AC, etc) don't really matter. As long as the numbers match whatever you're looking for, then you're good. The letters basically represent the production order. So the AA's were an earlier production run than the AB's or AC's, but its still the same spring. The numbers are all the really matters.

Users who are viewing this thread