5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any of you guys have done 6112's in the front ?

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking at going with the 6112's on my Backcountry with the Off Road package part of what you get with the BackCountry. Id like to level or go just a hair below level with these running 295/70R18's. I want to double check what I *think* I know.
Clip in the 8th position will get me 2" with 6112's and should be level with the Off Road package.
Clip in the 7th will have just a bit of rake (duh).
I will probably need an upper control arm since I am effectively 3" above a stock truck.
295/70R18 on stock BackCountry wheels should fit fine.

Talon4U2NV

Reaction score
Really debating on ordering these up and doing clip #6 for 1.9".. looking at loaded ones, does the 1.9" hold true or will it end up being more? My truck is a non ORP Laramie, I am aiming for around 2" up front and looking to add ORP springs for the 1" in the rear (set for rambox/multifunction gate) as they have a touch firmer spring rate to aid when loaded/towing) That lands me with running stock wheels as the wife and I like them well enough. But trying to decide on LT295/55R20 (32.8" tall; 12.2" wide) OR LT295/60R20 (33.9" tall, 11.8" wide) in a Toyo Open Country AT 3 or BFG AT KO2. Anyone running that set up by chance. I have been searching but not a lot of luck. I know most are probably not doing the ORP springs out back as they want to kill all the rake, we just need some rack as we use the truck.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Really debating on ordering these up and doing clip #6 for 1.9".. looking at loaded ones, does the 1.9" hold true or will it end up being more? My truck is a non ORP Laramie, I am aiming for around 2" up front and looking to add ORP springs for the 1" in the rear (set for rambox/multifunction gate) as they have a touch firmer spring rate to aid when loaded/towing) That lands me with running stock wheels as the wife and I like them well enough. But trying to decide on LT295/55R20 (32.8" tall; 12.2" wide) OR LT295/60R20 (33.9" tall, 11.8" wide) in a Toyo Open Country AT 3 or BFG AT KO2. Anyone running that set up by chance. I have been searching but not a lot of luck. I know most are probably not doing the ORP springs out back as they want to kill all the rake, we just need some rack as we use the truck.
Curious to hear the answers. I was looking at the loaded ones too. Are you hoping to be leveled or end up with a slight rake?

Last edited:

mk2019ORP

Reaction score
I’m tuning 275/65/R20’s BFG KO2’s on stock ORG with the decked drawer system and topper. I think what your looking at would land you about 3/4-1” higher in the front and about even as me in the rear if your looking for a close visual. Best I can do for now. Looking to add the Carli commuter soon hopefully.

Talon4U2NV

Reaction score
Curious to hear the answers. I was looking at the loaded ones too. Are you looking to be leveled or end up with a slight rake?
I use it for a truck and def. need some rake in the truck for loading and towing. 2" (1.9" for the 6112s) in the front and another inch in the rear (VIA ORG Springs) is what will likely be happening. just need to decide on tire size for a 33 maybe a 34.

Bemith

Reaction score
I just got a set of 6112/5160... not installed yet. I'm looking at doing clip setting #4 or #5. I know most are probably doing #6-8 but I don't have ORP and I think 1-1.5 inch lift is enough for me.

Any thoughts, or similar setups that have been done, let me know! I will post pics when I finally get them installed....
Hey I know this is an older post. But I’m just wondering if your setup with the bolstering and 35s fit well as is. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread