5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any news yet on power fold for Tow Mirrors?

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
I ordered my Rebel '21 with Power folding Tow Mirrors and 360º camera. Not sure about purchasing parts and installing on a Bighorn though.

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Work for dealer and just saw chrome power folding tow mirrors with the camera on a 2021 Limited today.

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I will try to research parts based off the vin number

TexasJonathan

Reaction score
Does anyone have more info about the power fold tow mirrors on the 2021's? More specifically, purchasing the parts and installing them on an earlier 5th gen truck
I'm very interested in this as well. I have a 2020 with the tow mirrors, would love to upgrade to the power fold that comes on the 2021.

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dealers might be able to search and order parts, but online I haven't seen the catalogs show up yet.

TexasJonathan

Reaction score
I reached out to Infotainment, they have the kit to retrofit finished and will be updating their website within the next month. Price is a little steep though, same as the kit they currently have for the 2500/3500....$1549.95

rrbhokies

Reaction score
Anyone see the 2021 power fold tow mirrors yet? Are they the same size as the regular tow mirrors? How does the 360 view look on the screen with them? I haven't seen anyone review them yet. Also, just how much bigger than the regular mirrors are they? I don't tow, but the 2021 I'm researching online has them on it, and I worry that they may be too big and cause issues when trying to park or maneuver in tight spaces. Thoughts?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone see the 2021 power fold tow mirrors yet? Are they the same size as the regular tow mirrors? How does the 360 view look on the screen with them? I haven't seen anyone review them yet. Also, just how much bigger than the regular mirrors are they? I don't tow, but the 2021 I'm researching online has them on it, and I worry that they may be too big and cause issues when trying to park or maneuver in tight spaces. Thoughts?
The mirror portion looks the same but the arm is substantially thicker.
It probably uses the same camera module so... I'd say quality-wise, it'll look the same.

rrbhokies

Reaction score
The mirror portion looks the same but the arm is substantially thicker.
It probably uses the same camera module so... I'd say quality-wise, it'll look the same.
You mention the are is substantially thicker. Do the mirrors stick out further than the standard mirrors? It also looks like the blind spot mirror is bigger and goes the full height of the glass. And I guess the new 2021 mirrors have backup lights to help when reversing so you can see the sides better. Anyone know if this actually helps when doing things like backing out of a driveway and such? Sorry to ask a lot of questions, but I'll most likely only be able to test drive the truck for a short period during the day before buying it. I just want to make sure that there are no negative effects of having tow mirrors that make it more difficult to drive, park, or maneuver in tight spaces.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got the Black Power folding Tow Mirrors with 360º Camera on my 2021
1500 Laramie Night Edition. I ordered the truck on Sept 30th. Took Delivery on the
1st of December. They also have Puddle lights and a rear facing LED for reversing.
The Cargo light has to be on and be in reverse for them to activate.

ram-reverse-mirror-led2-jpg.74966

Malodave

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
Wondering if these will be plug and play on BigHorns, or if the door module will require upgrading? Can't configure a BigHorn with power folding on the configurator, just Rebel trim and up.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine are power folding but not automatic. You have to press a button on the door to activate.

Malodave

mikestoys

Reaction score
I got the Black Power folding Tow Mirrors with 360º Camera on my 2021
1500 Laramie Night Edition. I ordered the truck on Sept 30th. Took Delivery on the
1st of December. They also have Puddle lights and a rear facing LED for reversing.
The Cargo light has to be on and be in reverse for them to activate.

ram-reverse-mirror-led2-jpg.74966

Malodave
i have a 2021 limited with powerfold mirrors also & wanted to know how you can see adjacent to change lanes with your mirrors downward as in this picture ? ?

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i have a 2021 limited with powerfold mirrors also & wanted to know how you can see adjacent to change lanes with your mirrors downward as in this picture ? ?

The Mirror is angled so I can just see the side of the truck, Then there is the
blind spot monitoring, and a quick look over the shoulder for changing lanes.

Malodave

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
The upgrade if you don’t already have power folding standard mirrors involves mirrors, door modules, a bunch of fishing wire across the vehicle, a new control panel in the drivers door and a software flash. The 2500/3500 upgrade from infotainment is live on YouTube and the 1500 is very similar. Almost worth trading the truck in as the $1500-2000 you’ll pay for the depreciation hit of you can install yourself or $2500-3000 you’ll pay the dealer to install should be able to get you the new model year based on the lack of depreciation for the used market on trucks currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The upgrade if you don’t already have power folding standard mirrors involves mirrors, door modules, a bunch of fishing wire across the vehicle, a new control panel in the drivers door and a software flash. The 2500/3500 upgrade from infotainment is live on YouTube and the 1500 is very similar. Almost worth trading the truck in as the $1500-2000 you’ll pay for the depreciation hit of you can install yourself or $2500-3000 you’ll pay the dealer to install should be able to get you the new model year based on the lack of depreciation for the used market on trucks currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To install power folding tow mirrors? What wires need to be fished across the vehicle? All you need is mirrors, door modules, driver side door switch, and AlfaOBD. Installing the parts is unplug, swap, plug back in. Infotainment is overpriced, and geared towards unsuspecting customers. Way cheaper to buy the parts on your own.

danny6876

Reaction score
RHCan, can I take my 2021 Ram Limited to the dealer and have power tow mirrors installed?

Divemedic

Reaction score
Just ordered my new 2021 Rebel. BSM and Cross traffic not available. Power folding trailer mirrors not available. Advanced safety package. Not available. Lack of chipsets. My dealer said they are calling some owners who ordered a month ago to tell them they can no
longer obtain. Only guarantee to get what you ordered is if it has already been scheduled. Prior to that it’s not locked in stone that you are getting what you wanted. Thankfully these are nice to have items and not must haves. Hope no more hits missing. Sad 😢

merdas

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
does anybody have part numbers for power folding tow mirrors, door module and the door switch? I tried to look for it but there are so many outside mirror part numbers and there is no explanation how they differ, thank you,

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/