5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any news yet on power fold for Tow Mirrors?

suli

Reaction score
I can honestly say FCA messed up these tow mirrors and don't have a power fold option on them.

Anyone know the parts list for the blind spot/ heated/ power fold regular mirrors and what else needs to be added other than the button on the driver door?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
There you go:

suli

Reaction score
Hopefully FCA will get their heads out of their arses and start making power fold for the tow mirrors.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Power-fold trailer tow mirrors will be coming on the 2021s

meandzen77

Reaction score
My ‘20 Big Horn has the level 2 group but also Tow Package. I was disappointed the tow mirrors weren’t power folding. It’s too bad you can’t get the tow group without the manual mirrors. The inconvenience will probably still be worth it though.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My ‘20 Big Horn has the level 2 group but also Tow Package. I was disappointed the tow mirrors weren’t power folding. It’s too bad you can’t get the tow group without the manual mirrors. The inconvenience will probably still be worth it though.

The tow group is only two items, the tow mirrors and the trailer brake controller. The controller is available as a stand-alone option, so you don’t have to get the tow group to get it.

This is what a lot of guys do, especially in the upper trims because with the tow mirrors you lose the 360-degree camera. They just get the brake controller. Anywho, this is all a moot point since all of this will be solved on the 2021s. The 2021 tow mirrors will be power folding and have integrated cameras for the 360 system.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
The tow group is only two items, the tow mirrors and the trailer brake controller. The controller is available as a stand-alone option, so you don’t have to get the tow group to get it.
That's exactly what I did. I need to fold my mirrors on a daily basis, and don't like having to do that manually.
On the lower trims, the class IV hitch is not automatically included, and is part of the tow package. So you would need to add that as a stand alone option in addition to the brake controller.
This is what a lot of guys do, especially in the upper trims because with the tow mirrors you lose the 360-degree camera. They just get the brake controller. Anywho, this is all a moot point since all of this will be solved on the 2021s. The 2021 tow mirrors will be power folding and have integrated cameras for the 360 system.
Sadly it's not moot for those who opted for the tow package on the 2019 and 2020 trucks they bought. Buying a new 2021 is and expensive way to get power folding tow mirrors and a 360 degree camera LOL.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's exactly what I did. I need to fold my mirrors on a daily basis, and don't like having to do that manually.

Fortunately for you, since you already have power-folding mirrors, hopefully you’ll be able to easily swap them for the power-folding tow mirrors when they become available. If not OEM, I’m sure there will be aftermarket power-folding tow mirrors eventually.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Fortunately for you, since you already have power-folding mirrors, hopefully you’ll be able to easily swap them for the power-folding tow mirrors when they become available. If not OEM, I’m sure there will be aftermarket power-folding tow mirrors eventually.
I honestly haven't needed tow mirrors for anything I've towed for the last few years. Besides, I think you're being optimistic in saying it would be an easy swap for me. They'll probably change just enough on the new mirrors so you won't be able to easily do that. Like change how they're mounted. They'd make more money by making it difficult, in the hopes that someone would trade in their truck and buy a new one with the new mirrors. Hopefully that's just the cynic in me and I'm wrong about that.

du4life25

Reaction score
Power-fold trailer tow mirrors will be coming on the 2021s
I'm in the process of trying to order a 21' and my salesman is telling me that the power folding tow mirrors aren't an option...?

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm in the process of trying to order a 21' and my salesman is telling me that the power folding tow mirrors aren't an option...?

What trim are you ordering? I believe the power-fold tow mirrors are only available on Laramie, Limited, and Limited Longhorn.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Not available on Bighorn.
You can get them on Laramie and up.

du4life25

Reaction score
Yeah, it's a Bighorn that I'm ordering. I'll have the dealership order the power fold tow mirrors then and have them installed after the fact.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just my 2 cents towing with the standard mirrors.

After having the tow mirrors and towing for over 8k miles on with my '15 I wanted the surround view camera so I got the regular power fold surround mirrors on my '20 and I've towed my 28' camper three times since owning the new truck and I can honestly say that while the view is different, the wide angle mirror out in the upper corner is just as good a view and I find that the regular mirrors afford me an even safer view when towing than the Tow mirrors did. Couple that with the blind spot warning that adjusts to trailer length and I thing it was a very good decision to go with the surround mirrors for me.

Oh, and I haven't had the need to fold them yet ;)

Last edited:

du4life25

Reaction score
Just my 2 cents towing with the standard mirrors.

After having the tow mirrors and towing for over 8k miles on with my '15 I wanted the surround view camera so I got the regular power fold surround mirrors on my '20 and I've towed my 28' camper three times since owning the new truck and I can honestly say that while the view is different, the wide angle mirror out in the upper corner is just as good a view and I find that the regular mirrors afford me an even safer view when towing than the Tow mirrors did. Couple that with the blind spot warning that adjusts to trailer length and I thing it was a very good decision to go with the surround mirrors for me.

Oh, and I haven't had the need to fold them yet ;)
Do you know if the surround view camera is available on the Bighorn?

du4life25

Reaction score
It sounds like I'm out of luck with the power tow mirrors on a Bighorn then. My salesman emailed and said the talk is that they may not be available until late '21.

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone have more info about the power fold tow mirrors on the 2021's? More specifically, purchasing the parts and installing them on an earlier 5th gen truck

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered my '21 Laramie with Power folding Tow Mirrors and 360º camera on Sept 30th.

Malodave

Users who are viewing this thread