5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anxious to hear feedback on th HK stereo

fish mojo

Reaction score
I would love to hear how the new Harmon Kardon 19 speaker sound system plays. My guess is it will be mighty impressive. The Alpine was a decent factory sound. High hopes for true high fidelity!! Have not seen or heard a thing on any YouTube reviews.

J

jimh4662@

Laramie longhorn on order. In scheduling last I heard. I'll provide feedback as soon as I hear it. 900 watt system in a truck is the first I hear

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
19 speakers and 900 watts vs Alpine 10 speakers and 500 watts hope to hear the new one too
263a.png

D

Deleted member103

Can't get the HK in a Big Horn so I'm Optimistic the 9 speaker Alpine upgrade option will suffice when I slip in some of my favorite CD's - of course I could, down the road, upgrade the Alpine with either a better Alpine or . . . ? Tons of options out their !

D

Deleted member103

jimh4662@ said:
I have Alpine 9 speaker in 2014. It didn't disappoint.
Are you looking at 2019's ? Did you ever take a look inside the doors to find the Alpine model #'s for the speakers to research them at Alpine or get youTube reviews ? That's something I's like to be able to learn . I'm frankly very disappointed in my 2016 G.C.'s Sound - just the Base 6 speaker system but they don't handle the slightest increase in BASE without distortion &'or rumbling - perhaps I have one that is "bad" or loose in its frame ? ? ?

mrmachaveli

Reaction score
LOU.2 said:
Are you looking at 2019's ? Did you ever take a look inside the doors to find the Alpine model #'s for the speakers to research them at Alpine or get youTube reviews ? That's something I's like to be able to learn . I'm frankly very disappointed in my 2016 G.C.'s Sound - just the Base 6 speaker system but they don't handle the slightest increase in BASE without distortion &'or rumbling - perhaps I have one that is "bad" or loose in its frame ? ? ?
If you have real things ou are looking for answers, I will have them Thursday after I test drive this one

anthonysnell

Reaction score
Mr. Machaveli,

I just read your email above and I haven't been able to find any video or images of the interior lighting of the limited at night time or in a dark setting. If your able to capture any images that you could share, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

96Dodge4x4

CDJR Technician
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is the same system optional on the cars isn’t it? If so I’m sure you could find reviews of it in them and get a taste of how it performs

J

jimh4662@

Yes I have on order 2019 Laramie longhorn. Ordered March 13th. No never researched the model/part numbers of speaker.

D

Deleted member103

jimh4662@ said:
Yes I have on order 2019 Laramie longhorn. Ordered March 13th. No never researched the model/part numbers of speaker.
In the next day or so I'm getting on the Dealer websites in my area to see if they have any builds of '17's or '18's with the Alpine &/or HK upgraded speakers and arrange for a Listening - I'll bring a CD or 2 along just in case they have the player - will report my opinions vs. what I know about the std. 6 speakers in my G.C. - yea I know not the same acoustics as the truck, but ! This is something You-all can do too ! Then we can compare our Hearing loss-levels, ha !

2019REBEL

Reaction score
LOU.2 said:
In the next day or so I'm getting on the Dealer websites in my area to see if they have any builds of '17's or '18's with the Alpine &/or HK upgraded speakers and arrange for a Listening - I'll bring a CD or 2 along just in case they have the player - will report my opinions vs. what I know about the std. 6 speakers (in my G.C. - yea I know not the same acoustics as the truck, but ! This is something You-all can do too ! Then we can compare our Hearing loss-levels, ha !
WHAT oh that's my hearing loss. You aren't going to find the HK upgrade in a 17 or 18. It's only available on the 19's. When I was younger I had the vehicles that you could flip a coin on. 136db was what I got out of it. That's louder than a aircraft taking off.
The stock Alpine is not the best but for a extra $300 you get a better amp and extra speakers and on these old ears it sounds pretty good. Sure I don't crank it up like I use too.
1f643.png

D

Deleted member103

2019REBEL said:
WHAT oh that's my hearing loss. You aren't going to find the HK upgrade in a 17 or 18. It's only available on the 19's. When I was younger I had the vehicles that you could flip a coin on. 136db was what I got out of it. That's louder than a aircraft taking off.
The stock Alpine is not the best but for a extra $300 you get a better amp and extra speakers and on these old ears it sounds pretty good. Sure I don't crank it up like I use too.
1f643.png
Oh I HEAR you even though THESE Old ears, too, are usually "ringing" and not in a good way, mostly from my Navy years - Ships tend to be constantly Very-Noisy places ! Hmmm, I thought there was some sort of HK then - may not be the exact one, but . . . ? Maybe I'm thinking of Big FCA Cars & SUV's ? That's still an option for comparison sake - it ain't rocket science - especially with Our Hearing Impairments .
So you saying the Base 6 speaker setup is also Alpine ? Didn't know that, but I'm gonna upgrade to the Alpine 9 with the subwoofer and apparently (?) it has a 500 watt power boost !? Can always upgrade further with after market !
1f914.png

263a.png

2019REBEL

Reaction score
LOU.2 said:
Oh I HEAR you even though THESE Old ears, too, are usually "ringing" and not in a good way, mostly from my Navy years - Ships tend to be constantly Very-Noisy places ! Hmmm, I thought there was some sort of HK then - may not be the exact one, but . . . ? Maybe I'm thinking of Big FCA Cars & SUV's ? That's still an option for comparison sake - it ain't rocket science - especially with Our Hearing Impairments .
So you saying the Base 6 speaker setup is also Alpine ? Didn't know that, but I'm gonna upgrade to the Alpine 9 with the subwoofer and apparently (?) it has a 500 watt power boost !? Can always upgrade further with after market !
1f914.png

263a.png
No the base one is not Alpine. I have the Alpine 10 speaker one in my Outdoorsman. It's pretty good for a stock Alpine but no way near the 21 speaker one I had in my younger years. And yes my hearing loss comes from 22 years in the Artillery.
1f61b.png

D

Deleted member103

2019REBEL said:
No the base one is not Alpine. I have the Alpine 10 speaker one in my Outdoorsman. It's pretty good for a stock Alpine but no way near the 21 speaker one I had in my younger years. And yes my hearing loss comes from 22 years in the Artillery.
1f61b.png
OUCH ! My ears are weeping for yours . . . what's with the tongue ? Should have a puppy dog face
263a.png

DocBones

Reaction score
LOU.2 said:
I’ve got alpines in my 2010 sport and they’re really good. I ordered a 19 limited and can’t wait to hear the HK’s.

D

Deleted member103

DocBones said:
I’ve got alpines in my 2010 sport and they’re really good. I ordered a 19 limited and can’t wait to hear the HK’s.
Hey, I would like to believe that 2018 Alpine Speakers are like comparing the 4th & 5th Generation DS / DT - in that the New Alpine's are that much more advanced in materials & quality . . . but . . . time will tell !? Luck Dog; enjoy those HK's while you can !

mrmachaveli

Reaction score
anthonysnell said:
Mr. Machaveli,

I just read your email above and I haven't been able to find any video or images of the interior lighting of the limited at night time or in a dark setting. If your able to capture any images that you could share, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
I will see, if I have time I will Monday. But I do live in a city with many parking garages, and the lighting is good. Most interesting, is how small the lights are, they cannot be much larger than a postage stamp. With your question of lighting. It is weird, that when you are sitting in the rear, the speakers in the roof, above your head, can play with your ears, the Alpine version, where you swear you hear more sound out of one side of your head than the other. So say your in the rear passenger seat, you hear 60% from your left ear, than you do your right ear. But I did not notice this with the HK stereo.

Users who are viewing this thread