5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anxious to hear feedback on th HK stereo

Dremin2flyhi

Reaction score
I had the Alpine with subwoofer in my 2013 Laramie that I just traded for my 2019 Laramie with the H/k system... overall the imaging is much better with the 19 speakers --not as much bottom end bass wise but does have enough rumble for me..

Cruzer1

Reaction score
I went from the 2014 Laramie to the 2019 Limited. I had the Alpine in my Laramie and now the H/K system in the new one. Both systems have good bass and image quality. I like the H/K system a tad more. Again, couldn't complain about either system.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I want more bass from the HK......and higher volume on sirius. Its way too quiet on Sirius...
I was/am hoping they fix the loudness on the HK before I get mine. Seems half as loud as the Alpine in my 2015

Reaction score
I have a full custom stereo setup in my Hellcat....that I'm well used to. The drive home from the dealership in this new truck, I knew it wouldn't be like the car.....but......the AC was on full blast, and the radio was barely louder. :(

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The volume is pretty bad for a system they feature and even on flat some songs bass is much the rattles from the back glass or wherever they are coming from are very dissapointing.

RBRK

Reaction score
It’s different than the Alpine, but I think it’s pretty good. I bet they will have an update that will increase the volume, it’s not as loud as the Alpine but the sound is good. The bass does vibrate stuff more than the Alpine but maybe not as punchy. I still am happy with it.

zignice

Reaction score
I want more bass from the HK......and higher volume on sirius. Its way too quiet on Sirius...
I noticed that too. I am constantly changing the volume going from SAT to FM.

Dremin2flyhi

Reaction score
Best sound I have heard is from a local HD FM station here-- Overall about 5 to 6 decibels louder than the XM at the same volume level .. (Old school car stereo sound guy here)

immersivenc

Reaction score
I, too noticed the discrepancy between SXM loudness and BT or FM. Seems odd. In any case, I've always thought the audio quality of SXM sucked. I haven't had much time to listen to the H/K system, but my first impressions are that it's a little lack luster from what I was expecting. I have a H/K system in my BMW 5 Series that sounds a lot better than the one in the Ram. I have a 10-12 band equalizer on the BMW system and there's only Bass, Mid, Treble on the Ram UI that I've found thus far. Some suggested turning the surround sound off but I found it to sound strange running regular stereo. Neither one of the H/K systems beat the JBL Synthesis system I had in my old '06 4Runner.

Kaydee

Reaction score
19 speakers and 900 Watts....Wow ,I was expecting more when I first heard the new HK system. I will say it sounded less crisp in sound on both treble and bass.. I guess once I get my truck I will play around with different sources and get a better idea.. ..But just a little disappointed on first impression....You would think with 19 speakers they would have to dial back the quality of the speakers to keep the price in line for Ram... I would rather have 10 good quality speakers vs. 19 med quality.

mamaluke

Reaction score
Just want to add my 2 cents . All speakers need time to break in . What you hear new is not what you'll hear in 6 months .

Dremin2flyhi

Reaction score
It would be nice to see the break down of the amp itself.. which I am pretty sure it is a Class D amp .. But the rating could be at 2/4or 8 ohms .. Also would to see the sensitivity of the speakers they used..

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I know they had one for the Alpine system when it first came out but I can't find the shortcut anymore. Maybe they will get one for the HK.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2 cents on the H/K system. Sounds good but a little disappointed. Pretty much the same as others have mentioned. Was hoping for a little more base, doesn’t have any more or sound much better than the Alpine that was in my 2010 Laramie 3500.

RAM 4times

Reaction score
i'm happy with it. picked my truck up friday and was a little concerned with some of the people here saying the volume for the sirius mode wasn't up to par, which i listen to 99% of the time. plenty of volume for me. i have the volume any where from 18 to 21 and i'm good even with the AC on.

techieanalyst

Reaction score
Hard to explain, it’s clear as crystal and plenty of base, it feels like it’s missing loudness but sound systems can fool you. I need to drive and listen more but I’m not disappointed but I’d like it more loud

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hard to explain, it’s clear as crystal and plenty of base, it feels like it’s missing loudness but sound systems can fool you. I need to drive and listen more but I’m not disappointed but I’d like it more loud

I think the HK system could definitely use another boost in loudness (I doubt its using all of that 900 watts). Different inputs definitely have different "loudness" levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/