5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Engineer's Ultimate Guide To 3.21 VS 3.92 Axle Ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Let’s keep this one going.

The 3.55 is just the offspring of the 3.21 Dad, and 3.92 mother. We can fight just like one great
blended family.

Okay, I'll give it a little push, since my original want list actually said 3.50~3.75 and FCA forced me to settle for something else.

So can I change my 3.92s to 3.55? Or is that only for RWD? I'm sure it would get better mileage, and still tow better than the 3.21s. 😁 It's only money, right? 🤑

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Okay, I'll give it a little push, since my original want list actually said 3.50~3.75 and FCA forced me to settle for something else.

So can I change my 3.92s to 3.55? Or is that only for RWD? I'm sure it would get better mileage, and still tow better than the 3.21s. 😁 It's only money, right? 🤑

Hey hey, this thread is just for making fun of people and their trucks.

There is really no room for truck ordering questions or practical thought.

Get your mind right. I see you’re from OH, but dang.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I mean the 3.55 option was always there for the V6, and don't the TRXs get them too?

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I thought we referring to trucks, not half-trucks.

By trucks do you mean lifted 4x4's with mud tires so they prowl the mall parking lots looking for that optimal spot while never seeing any mud other than what washes over the curb after a thunderstorm which they immediately get stuck in kinda trucks? 😄

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
By trucks do you mean lifted 4x4's with mud tires so they prowl the mall parking lots looking for that optimal spot while never seeing any mud other than what washes over the curb after a thunderstorm which they immediately get stuck in kinda trucks? 😄
Exactly, thats the whole truck!

BowDown

Reaction score
4x2 and 3.21 axle ratio is a combination that seems to bring forward those truck owners' deep rooted insecurities.
It feels like it turns them into argumentative machines...;)

I can see how lack of traction plus lack of torque might lead to feelings of insecurity... 😟

Says the 4x4 guys strutting around like mating peacocks

Screenshot 2024-03-17 191743.png

😄

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
4x4 with 3.92 allows us to mate in wet or dry conditions and on any terrain.
Unlike 4x2 3.21 who are confined to flat and dry.
Easy choice here bud
I have 4WD, 3.21, but I would be willing to bet that most all truck owners like to mate in dry conditions.

I mean, with long dry spells you got to do what you got to do.

I prefer flat and softer terrain also, but again, sometimes you have to adapt.

🍆
😂

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have 4WD, 3.21, but I would be willing to bet that most all truck owners like to mate in dry conditions.

I mean, with long dry spells you got to do what you got to do.

I prefer flat and softer terrain also, but again, sometimes you have to adapt.

🍆
😂
Not sure what your kinks are, but I prefer wet holes to play in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread