5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Engineer's Ultimate Guide To 3.21 VS 3.92 Axle Ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tried to find pic, and could not. Had to screen shot a video of a friend of mine‘s daughter that shot out to 150 yds.
Im ready to drink and make up.😛

Attachments

• 47AD285A-DEE9-4284-92E6-4BD460AB6E68.jpeg
    47AD285A-DEE9-4284-92E6-4BD460AB6E68.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 27

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Tried to find pic, and could not. Had to screen shot a video of a friend of mine‘s daughter that shot out to 100 yds.
Im ready to drink and make up.😛
I still think you got the woman's gears, but if we drink Jack and shoot together, I'm legally not allowed to make fun of you for it any more.

Gibby0311

Reaction score
Laughing at the 5.7 hemi with 3.92 in 3.5 EcoBoost. If you actually cared about towing/hauling ability, that’s where you’d be. But your not. So you don’t.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Laughing at the 5.7 hemi with 3.92 in 3.5 EcoBoost. If you actually cared about towing/hauling ability, that’s where you’d be. But your not. So you don’t.
Then you'd have to drive something called an EcoBoost, wrapped up in a Ford.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
3.5L EcoBoost isn’t designed for major towing/hauling. That’s why you’ll never find it in a F-250/F-350.

Aluminum block < Cast iron block

Gibby0311

Reaction score
Then you'd have to drive something called an EcoBoost, wrapped up in a Ford.
But like…. It’s more manly, right? It toes better, it’s faster…. That’s a man truck, right? I’m just trying to follow the trolololol here, that’s all.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
But like…. It’s more manly, right? It toes better, it’s faster…. That’s a man truck, right? I’m just trying to follow the trolololol here, that’s all.
They're like 98% recycled aluminum.

I'm sure that interests you, but maybe you should just let the men talk. We'll let you know when to bring the sammiches.

Gibby0311

Reaction score
They're like 98% recycled aluminum.

I'm sure that interests you, but maybe you should just let the men talk. We'll let you know when to bring the sammiches.
It doesn’t. And I’ll wait to hear the men talk. But I won’t find that here. Clearly. Maybe recycled aluminum is what your Ram needs to get out of its own way. And less sammiches for you? I mean…. A weight. It is good. It gets wrecked by a 2.7 EcoBoost for gods sake.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It doesn’t. And I’ll wait to hear the men talk. But I won’t find that here. Clearly. Maybe recycled aluminum is what your Ram needs to get out of its own way. And less sammiches for you? I mean…. A weight. It is good. It gets wrecked by a 2.7 EcoBoost for gods sake.
Wrecked?

Look, I'm sure busting Accords from stoplight to stoplight excites you and I'm sorry that your husband doesn't give you that excitement at home, but no one here wants anything called an EcoBoost.

Gibby0311

Reaction score
Wrecked?

Look, I'm sure busting Accords from stoplight to stoplight excites you and I'm sorry that your husband doesn't give you that excitement at home, but no one here wants anything called an EcoBoost.
Yes, wrecked. Just like my husband did to your wife.

I can’t bust any Accords, I have a 5.7 with 3.92….. it’s slow and sucks on gas. But I enjoy it because I don’t pretend it’s something it’s not. Like you do. Tuck your misery in, it’s hanging out.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I can’t bust any Accords, I have a 5.7 with 3.92….. it’s slow and sucks on gas. But I enjoy it because I don’t pretend it’s something it’s not. Like you do. Tuck your misery in, it’s hanging out.
A woman driving a 5.7 with 3.92s is still a woman.

SirHobgoblin

Reaction score

A 5.7 at 3.92 can hit low 6 to sub 6 seconds, as exemplified by a simple YouTube search. A 2.0T sports or touring trim will hit ~5.5 seconds, but standard models will fall well behind the Hemi.

Your truck should be far from the normal definition of slow…so maybe something is wrong or your comparing it to performance trim small/sports cars, which misses the point of that truck.

MPG isn’t great….but beyond your 2.7 eco boost, various V6s , and Diesel engines, which all serve a differ purpose, the V8 is competitive with other V8s in its class. The powerboost hybird is an exception, but it is unproven and fairly new. The MPG on the hybrid averages 2mpg higher, according to fuelly, than the Ram’s hemi (although it hits lower mpgs than the ram when towing). It is compelling but has its drawbacks.

The Hemi is powerful, reliable, etc….if your unhappy with it maybe you could have avoided that and purchased a different truck ?

Gibby0311

Reaction score
A 5.7 at 3.92 can hit low 6 to sub 6 seconds, as exemplified by a simple YouTube search. A 2.0T sports or touring trim will hit ~5.5 seconds, but standard models will fall well behind the Hemi.

Your truck should be far from the normal definition of slow…so maybe something is wrong or your comparing it to performance trim small/sports cars, which misses the point of that truck.

MPG isn’t great….but beyond your 2.7 eco boost, various V6s , and Diesel engines, which all serve a differ purpose, the V8 is competitive with other V8s in its class. The powerboost hybird is an exception, but it is unproven and fairly new. The MPG on the hybrid averages 2mpg higher, according to fuelly, than the Ram’s hemi (although it hits lower mpgs than the ram when towing). It is compelling but has its drawbacks.

The Hemi is powerful, reliable, etc….if your unhappy with it maybe you could have avoided that and purchased a different truck ?
But compared to the 2.7 eco, 3.5 eco, and 5.0 coyote trucks, it’s slow. Compared to a similarly priced performance or sports car, it’s really slow. Moral of the story, it’s not fast. I don’t pretend it’s fast. I don’t need it to be fast. If you read my comment, you would see that. Moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread