5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Engineer's Ultimate Guide To 3.21 VS 3.92 Axle Ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If people wanted it, they'd be selling it. Some will look for it to feel special, but not enough for Ram to keep pumping them out.

You have the snowflake color.
It's like the hot red head, not many out there's but almost every guy wants one. Patriot Blue is the safe average brunette that almost any guy can get.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's like the hot red head, not many out there's but almost every guy wants one. Patriot Blue is the safe average brunette that almost any guy can get.
That's actually a pretty good analogy, but not for the reason you think.

Bird **** gray or whatever it is is the redhead. You think you want it, but it's nothing but regret when you have it. You realize it was cool when you were 12, but no one actually keeps the redhead as an adult.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I mean...

Guess I should've known that he'd miss it after he paid $3500 for $7 worth of black spray paint.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's actually a pretty good analogy, but not for the reason you think.

Bird **** gray or whatever it is is the redhead. You think you want it, but it's nothing but regret when you have it. You realize it was cool when you were 12, but no one actually keeps the redhead as an adult.
Lol

Just because you can't handle the redhead and had to play it safe with the brunette doesn't mean I will regret it or not keep it

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Many of you don't realize it, but Patriot Blue paint adds 2mpg, gives you the equivalent of a 4.10, and the payload and towing of a moderately optioned 2500.
A Patriot Blue 1500 with the 5'7" bed also has more cargo capacity than any other color 1500 with a 6'4" bed.
;)
Must be true, crap i need to rethink everything

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I chose a unique limited color over a widely available one. If anything patriot blue guys settled vs going after the harder to get ones.
I settled for my 2nd Patriot Blue Ram.... or I just like the color.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I love that color, until pine pollen season, then it goes from Patriot to Strained peas in about 2 minutes :sick:
I had a black Chrysler LeBaron GTS in college. Pretty easy to spot as there were not many of them on the road. One spring, I was heading from classes back to my car and started to panic that it had been stolen. I couldn't find it anywhere. After what seemed like an hour, I saw my once-black car was completely yellow with pine pollen.

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a black Chrysler LeBaron GTS in college. Pretty easy to spot as there were not many of them on the road. One spring, I was heading from classes back to my car and started to panic that it had been stolen. I couldn't find it anywhere. After what seemed like an hour, I saw my once-black car was completely yellow with pine pollen.
Yeah my 00 silverado always looked like baby poop, will never buy blue again

A4Owner

Reaction score
I might have missed this in this very good, but pages long, thread but what type of fuel savings are we talking about in terms of 3.21 over 3.92? I would never tow anything over 4,000 lbs., because I'm just not that confident in my ability and would hire someone. More to the point, my boat weighs about 3,500 pounds so fuel is a bigger factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread