5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alpine System sounds bad

jwaller98

Reaction score
Hey all. Just picked up a 2022 Laramie with the alpine system. Noticed the tweeters in the dash and headliner have a crackling sound as if there’s a bad connection somewhere or the speakers are just not good. But it’s all of them not just one. Anyone had this issue before and was able to fix it? Any help is much appreciated.

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
Chances are good that something has gone wrong at the source/amplifier. Does it do this regardless of input?
Its highly unlikely all 5 speakers have gone bad and/or all 5 blew at the same time if abuse was involved. Are you sure its not audible in the door speakers and sub. Could be coming through all the speakers but the high frequency static only allows it to be heard in the dash/headliner.
Warranty should take care of it though.

jwaller98

Reaction score
Chances are good that something has gone wrong at the source/amplifier. Does it do this regardless of input?
Its highly unlikely all 5 speakers have gone bad and/or all 5 blew at the same time if abuse was involved. Are you sure its not audible in the door speakers and sub. Could be coming through all the speakers but the high frequency static only allows it to be heard in the dash/headliner.
I only hear it out of the tweeters and not the door speakers. It only does it with certain songs. Very irritating just didn’t want to deal with the dealership. Just bought the truck yesterday.

jwaller98

Reaction score
Also shou
also should mention it sounds decent on Sirius xm but Bluetooth and CarPlay doesn’t sound that good along with the tweeters crackling.

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
Also shou

also should mention it sounds decent on Sirius xm but Bluetooth and CarPlay doesn’t sound that good along with the tweeters crackling.
Ok, narrowing it down. Bluetooth and apple car play are both from your phone and vehicle sources, Sirius, FM, USB are all ok ?

jwaller98

Reaction score
Ok, narrowing it down. Bluetooth and apple car play are both from your phone and vehicle sources, Sirius, FM, USB are all ok ?
Sirius sounds different from using Bluetooth or CarPlay. Have heard no crackling or distortion when using Sirius but it seems the bass is much less as well versus Bluetooth or CarPlay. I’ve noticed it slightly with FM. USB doesn’t even work. It shows my phone charging but doesn’t recognize it for music for some reason.

Mikefs234

Reaction score
Radio is an unreliable test, distance from station transmitter, solar flares and such totally distort radio. If Bluetooth, cd if you are equipped with it all sound good. I would suspect radio interference happening

jwaller98

Reaction score
Ok so I can play the same exact song that sounds bad through apple car play on YouTube and it sounds clear as day. So apparently it’s an issue with CarPlay and Bluetooth from my iPhone to the radio.

Users who are viewing this thread