5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So if I sign up for the subscription...even with a plain vanilla RAM 1500...they will allow me to keep the pages...all the pages?
No. You’ll never be able to have them legitimately unless you disconnect your telematics box. The truck has to be built from the factory with a package or trim that includes the pages with the build (I don’t keep up with what packages include the pages, but you get the point).

billybaloneey

Reaction score
No. You’ll never be able to have them legitimately unless you disconnect your telematics box. The truck has to be built from the factory with a package or trim that includes the pages with the build (I don’t keep up with what packages include the pages, but you get the point).
Any tutorials on disconnecting a telematics box?

robetamaya03

Reaction score
Can someone help me to configure my stereo correctly, the volume button or the station change button do not work

billybaloneey

Reaction score
Read your steps to remove the cell modem (telematics box). When you say disconnect everything, are you meaning the multi-pin connector on the front left side of the TBM too? I see there is a USB port on the front/middle of the box...if there is a USB cable plugged in there, remove that too? Do you know what that USB port is used for? I found on eBay, and bought a used TBM box for the same year as my truck...a 2022 RAM 1500...for experimenting purposes. Is there anyway to maintain the WiFi in the box/truck and still be able to make the TBM box invisible to RAM Connected Services, after doing all your suggested cable removals? I did buy the blue Fakra Z male to male cable you described. The cable bypass/jumper seems easy to do...as well as the AlfaOBD changes you described. Your wealth of knowledge and experience is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Telematic Box-1.jpg
    Telematic Box-1.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Telematic Box-3.jpg
    Telematic Box-3.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 34

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It comes on every 2022 and above.
It's just a box with a sim card so your truck can talk to Ram whenever it wants, and aggregate connectors so when you yank out your radio you can't get to them to troubleshoot a problem.
For the record, the telematics box is not installed in vehicles built for export (Middle East, Asia/Pacific, Central/South America, etc.).

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For the record, the telematics box is not installed in vehicles built for export (Middle East, Asia/Pacific, Central/South America, etc.).
It’s also not installed on all 2022 North America trucks with 8.4” non-navigation radios. Some of them were not built with telematics box due to chip shortage, and would be noted on the build sheet as delete connected services.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Even if radio was switched to 12"?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
No.
How do you expect to be able to talk to Ram?
Just giving it a connection doesn't register it on their network, nor setup any connected services registered to your vin and radio.

22Ram1500InAR

Reaction score
It’s also not installed on all 2022 North America trucks with 8.4” non-navigation radios. Some of them were not built with telematics box due to chip shortage, and would be noted on the build sheet as delete connected services.
This is the case with me. 8.4” non-nav with telematics box delete on the window sticker.

DeanM2

Reaction score
Daylight Running Lights (DRL)...
2023 Big Horn. Already has DRL, but I want to use my fog lights as the DRL. I used alfaOBD to switch the DRL to the fog lights, but it doesn't work. Is there any way to use the fog lights as my DRL?

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2023 Big Horn. Already has DRL, but I want to use my fog lights as the DRL. I used alfaOBD to switch the DRL to the fog lights, but it doesn't work. Is there any way to use the fog lights as my DRL?
No. Doesn't work.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Make sure you have DRLs enabled in the radio settings also (not in alpha)

GhostyDawg

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to recalibrate/reset the electronic parking brake! I changed my tire size and as part of the process, did the ABS reconfiguration. Well, had a bunch of codes and problems and warning lights. Got it all cleared out and good to go EXCEPT the parking brake warning light and code C10D0:

Electronic Park Brake System Failure
Not activated
Last test completed unsuccessfully
Error present
Failure waring lamp "ON": Requested
Error counter: 102
Did you ever happen to figure this out? I have been unable to figure it out since I changed my tire size 2 years ago!

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Jscan says to do an ABS static Init. Now sure if that’s the same thing on alpha

1693411820151.png

Users who are viewing this thread