5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

22Ram1500InAR

Reaction score
Maybe some pros can answer this question. @Brutal_HO @Jimmy07 @FM45

Toward the top of the log file/settings, there is a long list of settings under “ECU Qualification”. I have not changed any of these myself using AlfaOBD.

Here are some examples under this setting category that seem related to popular mods.

ECU Qualification:
Sense-Hood Ajar Switch: Yes
Sense-Liftgate/Trunk Ajar: No
Control-Trailer Tow: Yes
Control-VTA Indicator Request: No
Rain Sensor Present: No

Discussion:
1. Mod related to adding VTA (see #4 below). I appear to have the hood ajar switch from the factory (I assume) as if I pop the hood release the hood ajar indicator will show on the dash.
2. Mod—tailgate ajar. For the setting “Lift gate/Trunk Ajar”, I added the tailgate switch and harness, and changed the other required settings with AlfaOBD, and now I get an indicator on the dash when my tailgate is open. I did not update the related ECU Qualification setting, but it seems to work fine with this set to “No”.
3. Trailer tow—I had the dealer add this, it was not on my truck when purchased. I assume they updated this from “No” to “Yes” when added the sales code.
4. Vehicle Theft Alarm (VTA)—I am getting ready to perform this mod. None of the related threads note updating this setting as part of the mod.
5. Rain sense—I am also getting ready to perform this mod. None of the related threads note updating this as part of the mod.

Should these be updated with other related settings? “ECU Qualification” settings do not seem to be included in related threads even though they seem logically related.

What is the purpose of these ECU Qualification settings?

Last edited:

22Ram1500InAR

Reaction score
I enabled Vehicle Theft Alarm (VTA) using AlfaOBD. It appears to be working.

One setting "Vehicle Theft Alarm (VTA) Hood Ajar Monitoring" was already set to yes although the backup file says it is set to no (everywhere this setting exists in the backup file), and this setting was not flagged as a configuration change. I went back in using AlphaOBD just to be sure and to change it to "yes" if needed, but again AlfaOBD says it is already set to "yes".

Anyone ever experienced this specifically or something similar?

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What is the best way to remove any adjustments made with alpha odb, I can’t seem to connect to truck anymore and gave up few months ago. As of few weeks ago I don’t have the android device anymore to use anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Buy the app for Windows.
You are changing the trucks config alfa itself is just like a handheld programmer.

Can you live with any adjustments you made?

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m thinking of since I can’t seem to get connection and no longer own the android device. Getting a tazer. Only adjustments are rear tail open alert, changed the dtrl, and tire size. I was thinking when dealer flashes this update for the e tq recall it might reset all back to factory. If it dose great. If not I hoping to get it back to stock. So making adjustments with one device like a tazer.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m thinking of since I can’t seem to get connection and no longer own the android device. Getting a tazer. Only adjustments are rear tail open alert, changed the dtrl, and tire size. I was thinking when dealer flashes this update for the e tq recall it might reset all back to factory. If it dose great. If not I hoping to get it back to stock. So making adjustments with one device like a tazer.

TazerDT doesn't do tailgate open alert. And only way to get it back to stock would be with the original config file you should have saved, or going back through and changing everything you did back to stock settings. But even thenz that doesn't always work, like if you switched the steering wheel heater controls. But if you got rid of the android device you initially used, then you backup file is gone as well.

Dealer won't mess with BCM settings, or relfash the BCM without a reason to. You can't just go in and request it. The etorque recall is a PCM update, not BCM.

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
TazerDT doesn't do tailgate open alert. And only way to get it back to stock would be with the original config file you should have saved, or going back through and changing everything you did back to stock settings. But even thenz that doesn't always work, like if you switched the steering wheel heater controls. But if you got rid of the android device you initially used, then you backup file is gone as well.

Dealer won't mess with BCM settings, or relfash the BCM without a reason to. You can't just go in and request it. The etorque recall is a PCM update, not BCM.

Ok good to know. I was worried it should flash it all back to original. And I can’t adjust it again. I have apple phone, I used my work phone Samsung. But we have updated our phone. And it a corporation. So now the google play store only show approved apps. And all personal apps which was just alpha obd and my code scanner app gone for good lol.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok good to know. I was worried it should flash it all back to original. And I can’t adjust it again. I have apple phone, I used my work phone Samsung. But we have updated our phone. And it a corporation. So now the google play store only show approved apps. And all personal apps which was just alpha obd and my code scanner app gone for good lol.

That sucks. There is an app for apple called j-scan that has similar capabilities and can do a lot of the same changes.

seansmd

Reaction score

Unless he backed up to Google drive, I did this in case my phone gets bricked.

presley82

Reaction score
Howdy,

I've searched, read and searched some more. Can I lower my TPMS warning air pressures on a 21 1500?
Any feedback appreciated.

Josh

brental1

Reaction score
It should. I think you can download the demo, and view the options and not make changes. You will need either a SGM bypass, or add your own 2nd Obd port off the star connectors, to get direct access to the can-c and can-ihs bus
I have a USB to OBD-II cable. If I have Alfa on my windows laptop, can I use the USB port on my laptop and just connect OBD terminals 3,6,11 and 14 to the appropriate bus (c or ihs); or is my computer or my truck looking for more connections? Thanks, Brent
4Z9110.35BKGROUND
3D4340.35BGDIAGNOSTIC CAN IHS (+)
5Z9110.35BKGROUND
6D4280.35BGDIAGNOSTIC CAN C (+)
11D4330.35BG/YEDIAGNOSTIC CAN IHS (-)
14D4270.35YEDIAGNOSTIC CAN C (-)
16A9000.35GY/RDFUSED B(+)

rkjunior

Reaction score
Is there a preferred SWG bypass cable to use with the ODBLinkMX+?

rkjunior

Reaction score

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome, just ordered it. Guess I'll have to wait until Monday to mess around haha.

Anyone know if the Offroad pages are available on the newest update 40.x or should you keep it at 39.x
No, AFAIK, only 39.7 works with off-road pages, unless they were factory enabled on your truck

Users who are viewing this thread