5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
Most likely. All I got was the blue screen for a couple days until I plugged in my camera.
Is it losing power though or video?
Could also be a faulty camera I guess.

The ZAutomotive website instructions indicated there is an Aux camera #1 and a #2 inputs leading me to believe that there must be a way to add yet another camera?
Anyone find a way to switch between Aux 1 and 2 and what would you even use it for?
- Backup
- Front Facing
- Cargo Cam?

2022-06-08_111048.jpg

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Most likely. All I got was the blue screen for a couple days until I plugged in my camera.
Is it losing power though or video?
Could also be a faulty camera I guess.

The ZAutomotive website instructions indicated there is an Aux camera #1 and a #2 inputs leading me to believe that there must be a way to add yet another camera?
Anyone find a way to switch between Aux 1 and 2 and what would you even use it for?
- Backup
- Front Facing
- Cargo Cam?

View attachment 131592
Aux 1&2 are the mopar aux trailer cameras kit. They can only be enabled on 2021+ 1500s. Since one shares the same input as the cargo cam, you would disable VehConfig 1: CHMSL Camera, and enable VehConfig 8: Auxiliary Trailer Camera.

mcat79

Reaction score
Can gear limiter or auto start/stop be configured with Alfaobd?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can gear limiter or auto start/stop be configured with Alfaobd?
As in turned on/off. Gear limiter is on every 5th gen I thought. And auto start/stop is only on etorques and can't be turned off in alfaOBD. The TazerDT can

mcat79

Reaction score
Yesterday I enabled the amber DRL's via Alfaobd, today I noticed my dash light dimmer does not function. Anyone else experience the same? Here is a log of my changes:
Car configuration change: DRL Configuration: ' NO DRL ' -> '3 '
Car configuration change: DRL Lamp Location: ' LOW BEAM DRL ' -> '5 '
Car configuration change: DRL Dropout Enabled: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: Signature Light Present: ' YES ' -> '0 '
Car configuration change: Left Side DRL Voltage Target: ' 12.2 V ' -> '3 '
Car configuration change: Right Side DRL Voltage Target: ' 12.2 V ' -> '3 '
Car configuration change: Signature Light Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '

Fireman48

Reaction score
I successfully changed my speedo for tire size adjustment. The ABS initilization it would not let me do( wasnt highlighted) but static and clear rolling codes was fine. All seems normal but..... my front and rear parking sensors are "unavailable or off," switches lit and I dont see anything anywhere how I can get this corrected. 19 new 5th gen ram.
Anyone?
This happened before with the Edge Pulsar. I had to go to the dealer to get it reset. When I tried the Tazer DT , it did the same thing though after deleting it, it went back to normal.

Ryno

Reaction score
I just had a new keyfob with remote start and tailgate release programmed to my truck. I enabled the remote start and the hood switch is already present, but when I press the remote start, only the lights flash and no start. Maybe I need to let the computer sleep some more, but could I be missing something?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just had a new keyfob with remote start and tailgate release programmed to my truck. I enabled the remote start and the hood switch is already present, but when I press the remote start, only the lights flash and no start. Maybe I need to let the computer sleep some more, but could I be missing something?
Once you enable remote start, the truck needs to be driven over 35 mph before it will become active.

Georgf

Reaction score
You programmed it with Alfa or by dealer?

Fireman48

Reaction score
I successfully changed my speedo for tire size adjustment. The ABS initilization it would not let me do( wasnt highlighted) but static and clear rolling codes was fine. All seems normal but..... my front and rear parking sensors are "unavailable or off," switches lit and I dont see anything anywhere how I can get this corrected. 19 new 5th gen ram.
Anyone?
This happened before with the Edge Pulsar. I had to go to the dealer to get it reset. When I tried the Tazer DT , it did the same thing though after deleting it, it went back to normal.
Anybody??

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yesterday I enabled the amber DRL's via Alfaobd, today I noticed my dash light dimmer does not function. Anyone else experience the same? Here is a log of my changes:
Car configuration change: DRL Configuration: ' NO DRL ' -> '3 '
Car configuration change: DRL Lamp Location: ' LOW BEAM DRL ' -> '5 '
Car configuration change: DRL Dropout Enabled: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: Left Side DRL Voltage Target: ' 12.2 V ' -> '3 '
Car configuration change: Right Side DRL Voltage Target: ' 12.2 V ' -> '3 '
Car configuration change: Signature Light Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
I'm confused why you changed so many things.
I enabled amber DRL (turn signals) and I didn't change most of the stuff you did.

What did messing with voltage do? Do you have factory LEDs or halogen lights?

Also you disabled and re-enabled the signature lights... 3 times?

Also do you have the option to enable DRL on your radio like me, beucase that changes what you need to set in AlfaPND

Beckster

Reaction score
Programming a remote can only be done by the dealer or an authorized lock smith.
I have done many things with alphaOBD on my 2022 ecodiesel and my previous 2015 2500 megacab. I recently programmed 2 remotes for the 2015 using alphaOBD. Worked great!

Last edited by a moderator:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have done many things with alphaOBD on my 2022 ecodiesel and my previous 2500 megacab. I recently programmed 2 remotes using alphaOBD. Worked great!
How were you able to program the remotes?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have done many things with alphaOBD on my 2022 ecodiesel and my previous 2500 megacab. I recently programmed 2 remotes using alphaOBD. Worked great!
Well, if you’re going to claim you did it, please explain exactly what you you did to make it happen, starting with what method you used to get the PIN.

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I thought you can get the PIN from the dealer?
You can. And then you enter it into AlfaOBD, and it fails parameters. Then you can go to the dealer the next day, get the pin again, and it will be different than the one you got the day before.
I even had someone with vsp credentials pull the pin with aftermarket wiTECH 2.0 account, then use it with AlfaOBD- it just doesn’t know what to do with the PIN to start the procedure.

Users who are viewing this thread