5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

lapoolboy

Reaction score
I'm new to this game and I may be dumb, but I have tried to upload the stock log file to Google drive and I've also tried to e-mail it to myself. In each instance, all I get is a blank document. I am using OBDlink MX+ with AlfaOBD app on my Android phone. I connect to the MX+ through Bluetooth within the AlfaOBD app and I navigate through the selections to save the file. Everything looks like it works and I do get a document - it's just blank. What am I doing wrong here?

I want to save the stock log before I start changing things.

Thanks!

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm new to this game and I may be dumb, but I have tried to upload the stock log file to Google drive and I've also tried to e-mail it to myself. In each instance, all I get is a blank document. I am using OBDlink MX+ with AlfaOBD app on my Android phone. I connect to the MX+ through Bluetooth within the AlfaOBD app and I navigate through the selections to save the file. Everything looks like it works and I do get a document - it's just blank. What am I doing wrong here?

I want to save the stock log before I start changing things.

Thanks!
You said your connecting to the MX+ via BT, but are you connecting to your truck yet?
Without that you wouldn't have anything to generate if you didn't connect to your truck yet.

I personally use the email feature and it works for me. It attaches a BODY_CHRYSLER_Info.log file (which can be opened as a .txt on your phone if you rename it to .txt and not .log)

lapoolboy

Reaction score
Yes, I am able to successfully connect to the BCM before I try to save the log.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This might be a stupid question, but did you generate a file first? Read System ID, and then save the file?

Last edited:

lapoolboy

Reaction score
Well, I got the log recorded and saved finally.

I turned on turn signals as DRLs and that works beautifully. Offroad and performance pages are on and working. Fogs on with high beams working.

But....

I cannot get the tailgate ajar/open to display. I don't know what's going on with that.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
But....

I cannot get the tailgate ajar/open to display. I don't know what's going on with that.
If your truck is a 2022, they seemed to have stopped installing the passenger side tailgate latch that has the ajar sensor on trucks that are not factory equipped with the feature.

lapoolboy

Reaction score
If your truck is a 2022, they seemed to have stopped installing the passenger side tailgate latch that has the ajar sensor on trucks that are not factory equipped with the feature.
Well that explains it then! Thank you sir!

lapoolboy

Reaction score
@Jimmy07

The offroad and performance pages are showing up fine in the cluster. Am I supposed to see mirroring pages on the Uconnect 12" screen, because I am not. Is there another setting to enable that or maybe I need to check for a software update?

Rebel2022

Reaction score
@Jimmy07

The offroad and performance pages are showing up fine in the cluster. Am I supposed to see mirroring pages on the Uconnect 12" screen, because I am not. Is there another setting to enable that or maybe I need to check for a software update?
A few of us 22 owners noticed the same thing. I had mine show up for 1 day on the 12” screen more than a month after making the change. It’s been gone now for weeks but is still present and working on the EVIC. Glitchy software?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
@Jimmy07

A few of us 22 owners noticed the same thing. I had mine show up for 1 day on the 12” screen more than a month after making the change. It’s been gone now for weeks but is still present and working on the EVIC. Glitchy software?
Same problem here.
I don't know of a fix yet.

If you disable them reset ecm and re-enable you can get the pages back for a day or so on the 12 inch screen then they are gone again.
Pretty annoying.

I don't know if I would call it glichy software since we are forcing stuff to apply that isn't stock so any bugs or whatever we call it I think is fair, annoying but fair.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Oh really? No thanks lol

Any other splash screen options other than the standard RAM one?
I have mine set to SPORT, but changed that with my TazerDT settings, not alfaOBD. When I was trying to make performance/offroad pages work, I had changed it to TRX, then back to BigHorn and that reset the splash screen. Just used my TazerDT to change it back again

Rebel2022

Reaction score
Same problem here.
I don't know of a fix yet.

If you disable them reset ecm and re-enable you can get the pages back for a day or so on the 12 inch screen then they are gone again.
Pretty annoying.

I don't know if I would call it glichy software since we are forcing stuff to apply that isn't stock so any bugs or whatever we call it I think is fair, annoying but fair.
True for sure. The Eco app that we should have however also comes and goes as it pleases as well though.

titan3636

Reaction score
I have mine set to SPORT, but changed that with my TazerDT settings, not alfaOBD. When I was trying to make performance/offroad pages work, I had changed it to TRX, then back to BigHorn and that reset the splash screen. Just used my TazerDT to change it back again

Anyone know the setting for sport, TRX , others for the aplha obd? Does the TRX change the radio and evic screens?

ndaniels

Reaction score
I had performance pages on my 8.4 for about a week and then radio must have updated while on a long trip. Screen displays indoor temperature and seat heat now on the top (didn’t before- only showed when adjusted temp). Perf pages are now missing. I still have them in the evic. I will try and reload them- every gauge worked and the hp/tq graphs were pretty cool. Also my off-road pages work fine in the evic- dropped off the 8.4 as well.

Be nice to figure out how to make them stay. I’m assuming the software update got mine.

Users who are viewing this thread