5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

Murt

Reaction score
Is there an Alfa obd setting for the exterior mirrors? We installed new mirrors with dimmable glass and can’t find if they need activation. Thanks

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is there an Alfa obd setting for the exterior mirrors? We installed new mirrors with dimmable glass and can’t find if they need activation. Thanks
Doors: Electro-Chromatic Driver Mirror Present, and Doors: Electro-Chromatic Passenger Mirror Present

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had performance pages on my 8.4 for about a week and then radio must have updated while on a long trip. Screen displays indoor temperature and seat heat now on the top (didn’t before- only showed when adjusted temp). Perf pages are now missing. I still have them in the evic. I will try and reload them- every gauge worked and the hp/tq graphs were pretty cool. Also my off-road pages work fine in the evic- dropped off the 8.4 as well.

Be nice to figure out how to make them stay. I’m assuming the software update got mine.

Do you have nav? I’m assuming non nav do not auto update! I never seen my truck update.

ndaniels

Reaction score
I do have nav. I just checked online and ran my vin on the u connect site to see if it’s up to date. Says it is. Wife’s van says it is too. My 8.4 has been more stable after today it seem. Got flakey on me then said update failed this morning … after that it’s been fine this afternoon. Figure maybe try messing with alpha and reloading pages to see what it does now?

titan3636

Reaction score
A few things I’m looking for with alpha still, anyone know if we can do any of the following and if so what the settings are:

-enable surround cameras at any speed
-enable all uconnect menus when in motion
-disable active noise cancellation
-disable seatbelt unbuckled chime
-activate SurroundView and front camera when front parking sensors are triggered
-side mirror cameras on when blinkers are on

Also, does anyone know if there is a Jeep Wrangler alpha obd forum with the avail options for them? Looking to disable the seatbelt alarm in my wrangler too.

Thanks again for all your help everyone!!!!

Last edited:

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
A few things I’m looking for with alpha still, anyone know if we can do any of the following and if so what the settings are:

-activate SurroundView and front camera when front parking sensors are triggered

Also, does anyone know if there is a Jeep Wrangler alpha obd forum with the avail options for them? Looking to disable the seatbelt alarm in my wrangler too.

Nope. A few things you can do with Tazer, but not with AlfaODB.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Seatbelt unbuckle chime doesn't need AlfaOBD.

NAViKS for the bolded items.

FWIW, the mirror cameras is annoying as it simulates button presses so it has to cycle through to get to those cameras. IOW, slow.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

You can just disable the seat belt chime yourself no alfa odb required. Get in and put your seat belt on. Turn to run and wait intil all the lights finish coming on. Unbuckle and rebuckle the seat belt 3 times then turn the truck off. Turn the truck on unbuckle and go drive to confirm you did it correctly.

There is an option to disable anc on alfaodb but when I trigger it I have no idea if it's working or not as I have so much road noise from my passenger a pillar that anc wouldn't matter.

None of those other features you can mess with from alfaodb because they are safety features. You should look into getting a Tazer DT for what you want.

StealthTech6

Reaction score
Alfa setup:
Using on a Pixel 6 pro
Augocom FCA 12+8 adapter
OBDLink MX+

Is there an official help doc for alfa anywhere? Looking at the description of the app in the play store, they have:

This leads to page that doesn't respond. Googling around also leads to AlfaOBD, which also doesn't respond. I'm looking for some basic start up info like 'do these things before you make changes'. 'make sure you turn on this log to track changes', or in the configure car section there is a HINT that says to turn logging on to track changes...where do I do this? Is this the same as the upload to google drive feature?

Reading through these pages, I've seen other members talk about these settings, but I haven't been able to find details. Perhaps is buried in pages I haven't read? For example, I connected to my truck for the first time tonight and used the google drive feature to upload the "Body_Chrysler_info.log" file with no changes made. However each time I go back to the google drive section it asks me to sign back in. Is this normal? Since I uploaded to drive once, do I need to do this each time I make a change or if i make multiple changes can I do it at the end?

Appreciate the help!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Alfa setup:
Using on a Pixel 6 pro
Augocom FCA 12+8 adapter
OBDLink MX+

Is there an official help doc for alfa anywhere? Looking at the description of the app in the play store, they have:

This leads to page that doesn't respond. Googling around also leads to AlfaOBD, which also doesn't respond. I'm looking for some basic start up info like 'do these things before you make changes'. 'make sure you turn on this log to track changes', or in the configure car section there is a HINT that says to turn logging on to track changes...where do I do this? Is this the same as the upload to google drive feature?

Reading through these pages, I've seen other members talk about these settings, but I haven't been able to find details. Perhaps is buried in pages I haven't read? For example, I connected to my truck for the first time tonight and used the google drive feature to upload the "Body_Chrysler_info.log" file with no changes made. However each time I go back to the google drive section it asks me to sign back in. Is this normal? Since I uploaded to drive once, do I need to do this each time I make a change or if i make multiple changes can I do it at the end?

Appreciate the help!
You can download the files as little, or as often as you like. Really no need to do it after every change. Have a stock file saved, and once you get all the changes made that you want, maybe save a modified file as well to be able to easily go back to it. Personally, I have never saved anything.

B12buddy

Reaction score
I have everything I need to get started and have read chunks and chunks of this thread. Does anyone have a picture of where the SGW module is on a 2022 power wagon? I appreciate the help! New wheels and tires will be going on Tuesday.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have everything I need to get started and have read chunks and chunks of this thread. Does anyone have a picture of where the SGW module is on a 2022 power wagon? I appreciate the help! New wheels and tires will be going on Tuesday.
I’m pretty sure yours is behind the instrument cluster. Ia that correct @Brutal_HO ?

B12buddy

Reaction score
Great... looking forward to that project, haha. Once I'm in there, can the 12+8 bypass cable (orangish red ends on amazon) be left in there long term? I like to tinker but I would rather not pull the dash every time. Thanks again.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I’m pretty sure yours is behind the instrument cluster. Ia that correct @Brutal_HO ?

SGW is behind the cluster on HD trucks. Don't buy a Z-auto or similar bypass module, get a bypass cable for the HD trucks that plugs into the CAN IHS blocks behind the headlight switch.

KAOdTECH is the goto for cables but @Jimmy07 can also hook you up.

Attachments

• 1651293912890.png
    1651293912890.png
    254 KB · Views: 21

B12buddy

Reaction score
SGW is behind the cluster on HD trucks. Don't buy a Z-auto or similar bypass module, get a bypass cable for the HD trucks that plugs into the CAN IHS blocks behind the headlight switch.

KAOdTECH is the goto for cables but @Jimmy07 can also hook you up.
Thank you. I would prefer to go the KAOdTECH route because it is much easier to install but it has been out of stock on their website for the last week+. Anybody have a cable they don't need anymore?

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
I keep seeing this.

2014 CBC I/O & Feature: Truck Bed Lighting Feature

Select “yes”

Does anyone know how to navigate to this setting? Sorry new to the alpha obd so trying to figure this app out

JoshBap76

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum. I have a 2020 Ram Rebel with the factory air suspension. I would like to be able to set and drive my truck at ANY height available to me without having the truck forced into any mode due to speed. I also have all Mac/iPhone. Could anyone here explain if this will work for me and how? Thanks ahead of time for the help. Kinda lost with this. Seems possible, but not sure how to approach. Thanks!!
Josh

Users who are viewing this thread