5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum. I have a 2020 Ram Rebel with the factory air suspension. I would like to be able to set and drive my truck at ANY height available to me without having the truck forced into any mode due to speed. I also have all Mac/iPhone. Could anyone here explain if this will work for me and how? Thanks ahead of time for the help. Kinda lost with this. Seems possible, but not sure how to approach. Thanks!!
Josh
I would like this to.
I read somewhat that it's a safety feature of the air suspension that it can't drive all the way up. Not sure how true that is.
I would rather be able to drive in "off road 2" in busy city areas for viability where I might hit 40 MPH for a few seconds but generally would be going 15 MPH or so.

I know the system can be mis-configured to trick it into driving in 1 more higher then it thinks, but I don't think that's really a fix and it's for a Limited and not a Rebel.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
The issue is the camber in the front tires. If you could force it to stay up or down you would have abnormal wear on your tires. Not sure what else would really be affected.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
The issue is the camber in the front tires. If you could force it to stay up or down you would have abnormal wear on your tires. Not sure what else would really be affected.
But we are allowed to drive in Aero or Normal mode. Wouldn't that be the same difference but less extreme?

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
But your front end is aligned in normal mode so that’s alright. And aero must be “close enough” to not really matter.

Put it at full lift and go look at your front end. Both full height and entry puts a lean on your tires.

Now, pick a height and get it aligned for that height and you would be good to go.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
But your front end is aligned in normal mode so that’s alright. And aero must be “close enough” to not really matter.

Put it at full lift and go look at your front end. Both full height and entry puts a lean on your tires.

Now, pick a height and get it aligned for that height and you would be good to go.
So whats the point of having an off-road 2 level if you're saying it's damaging to drive with it????

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Unless you had your alignment done for whatever mode you want to drive in all the time

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum. I have a 2020 Ram Rebel with the factory air suspension. I would like to be able to set and drive my truck at ANY height available to me without having the truck forced into any mode due to speed. I also have all Mac/iPhone. Could anyone here explain if this will work for me and how? Thanks ahead of time for the help. Kinda lost with this. Seems possible, but not sure how to approach. Thanks!!
Josh

I had the same issue. But ending up using my work phone to program it. There is no app for it on iPhone.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
So whats the point of having an off-road 2 level if you're saying it's damaging to drive with it????

Are you being serious or just stirring the pot? I’m too tired to play along so I’m tapping out. Do whatever you want at any speed, I don’t care.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Are you being serious or just stirring the pot? I’m too tired to play along so I’m tapping out. Do whatever you want at any speed, I don’t care.
Dead serious.
I'm not saying I would go 45MPH in it, but being able to keep it on while driving around busy cities like Boston would be helpful.
Having it keep going down and then telling it to go back up can't be good on the compressor.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Dead serious.
I'm not saying I would go 45MPH in it, but being able to keep it on while driving around busy cities like Boston would be helpful.
Having it keep going down and then telling it to go back up can't be good on the compressor.
With the duty cycles on the compressors used in the Rams they can handle it.

JoshBap76

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies you guys. I’m just stoked there IS a way to do it. I had been told there wasn’t and I’m old enough to know…..”yeah, there’s gotta be a way”. Lol. Now I just need to figure out how to or have someone do it for me. I’m willing to pay, just gotta find a way. I really don’t like it that I’m limited to the 2 middle choices when there’s 4 height options. I I would’ve known that, I wouldn’t had after market bags put in.

titan3636

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies you guys. I’m just stoked there IS a way to do it. I had been told there wasn’t and I’m old enough to know…..”yeah, there’s gotta be a way”. Lol. Now I just need to figure out how to or have someone do it for me. I’m willing to pay, just gotta find a way. I really don’t like it that I’m limited to the 2 middle choices when there’s 4 height options. I I would’ve known that, I wouldn’t had after market bags put in.
Does yours ride super rough in off-road 1 and 2? If I put mine in 1 it’s like I have no shocks and jumps all over the place. I may have an issue tho because if I try to get it into or2 it gives me a service suspension error. Gonna get the dealer to look when I get oil change

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Does yours ride super rough in off-road 1 and 2? If I put mine in 1 it’s like I have no shocks and jumps all over the place. I may have an issue tho because if I try to get it into or2 it gives me a service suspension error. Gonna get the dealer to look when I get oil change
Mine rides fine in either.

titan3636

Reaction score
stupid question, do you have the option "is off road capable" enabled or disabled in alfaodb? I had some funky stuff when I had it as enabled.
This is where I have it set currently. When I had offroad capable YES it changes it to the Rebel settings of only 4 offroad heights and the display was off by one on every height setting.

VehConfig1-Performance Pages Present - Yes
VehConfig 2-Off-Road Capable - No
VehConfig 5-Off-Road Pages Present - Yes

but ever since I bought the truck a few months ago I've never been able to get it into offroad 2, I always get the service air suspension error and the offroad one rides terrible. idk if the truck has any kind of lift, level, or spacers that may be causing issues to it but im going to get the dealer to take a look when I take it in for an oil change.
im getting new tires put on Saturday and am going to ask the tire place to take a look too and see if they see any kinds of suspension mods that may be interfering with anything. im tired of the road noise of my mud tires and gonna try out the venom power XT's. Walmart has a great deal going for $287 a tire for 35x12.5r22 with free 3 day delivery or pickup so I jumped on it. Fingers crossed they'll be quieter on the road then the roar of the Venom MT's I have now.

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I believe this is where I had it set currently. When I had offroad capable it changes it to the Rebel settings of only 4 offroad heights and the display was off by one on every setting.

VehConfig1-Performance Pages Present - Yes
VehConfig 2-Off-Road Capable - No
VehConfig 5-Off-Road Pages Present - Yes
Yeah, I run the same settings.

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I am trying to figure out how to turn on bed lights I installed. I saw some of the path I am just lost trying to figure out I assume I go to the body computer but how do I know which one to pick? Am I assuming correctly or is there another way to get this setting. Is there files I should download before I do anything?

Thanks in advanced.

BlackNight

Reaction score
ALPHAOBD WINDOWS Issue.

Can someone guide me on how to make a copy of my current configuration on the windows version. Dosnt seem to be much support for the windows copy vs the Bluetooth.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread