5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you could send the update that would be great.
I'm an IT Engineer so firmware and stuff is regular life for me, but I couldn't find crap on the radio to update or anything, it just has a "connect to wifi" and nothing happens LOL.

Is there a website I can use to grab it myself, or it is locked behind dealership logins and stuff?

For what it's worth almost everyone I saw about the 2019s and stuff seemed to work for me, I just had some weird bugs on my radio in general which I guess might be completely unrelated.
2022 1500 Limited 12 inch screen w/nav.
Sent you a PM

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I see an area that says Build Number: FCA-MY22.S21D.5-PROD
Is 21 the version or is that different?

How do I get into this dealer mode?
To get into dealer mode:
1649251001684.png

There's a thread somewhere that has the newest software versions. I want to say S23 is the newest but don't remember. If I get a chance this morning, I'll go out to my truck and check.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Go try to buy a nav update. It will send you a link for the newest software usual;ly if you are behind. At least it used to a while ago. Don't actually waste money buying it though.

jcanzo86

Reaction score
Hey All

I've recently purchased a 2022 Ram 1500 Limited Eco Diesel and was wondering if anyone knows if additional gauges can be turned on in the EVIC? I'm specifically looking to activate boost pressure and EGT. I'm hoping they can just be turned on utilizing AlphaOBD.

Appreciate the assistance!

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yes I have off-road and performance pages. Below are my settings that got it to work and keep all 5 levels of air suspension. Make sure your software shows version 39.7 and maybe do a reset to the computer with alpha to see if that pushes them back to the screen.

VehConfig1-Performance Pages Present - Yes
VehConfig 2-Off-Road Capable - No
VehConfig 5-Off-Road Pages Present - Yes
That works for me now, setting VehConfig 2-Off-Road Capable - No.
You have Uconnect 5. Entirely different than the 2019-2021 radios, so basically none of their info applies to you. Your issue is most like a radio software issue, which UC5 is riddled with at the moment. You are one version behind though, I can send you the newest update that you can load via usb.
The above works now after you gave me that S23 update. off-road\performance Pages came back after a couple of hours on my main screen, the bug with the Surround view shortcut button on the home page is fixed, and the off-road\performance pages stayed on my screen behind the steering wheel.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
That works for me now, setting VehConfig 2-Off-Road Capable - No.

The above works now after you gave me that S23 update. off-road\performance Pages came back after a couple of hours on my main screen, the bug with the Surround view shortcut button on the home page is fixed, and the off-road\performance pages stayed on my screen behind the steering wheel.
Update.
Pages were still showing this morning.
When I clicked launch on the performance pages, the radio did like a refresh, took me to the all apps pages, and removed off-road and performance pages.

Seems no matter what I do on the UC5 the pages don't stay that long after I actually get them.

The performance pages still work on screen above my steering wheel.
I don't get it.

-RotorDemon-

Reaction score
Performance and off road pages work on my 19 Bighorn with 12". Mine shows two off road pages with one working other is blank. NO BIG DEAL!
Also changed the DRL's to the turn signals. Might change them to the signature lighting with a voltage increase.

Thanks!!

titan3636

Reaction score
Performance and off road pages work on my 19 Bighorn with 12". Mine shows two off road pages with one working other is blank. NO BIG DEAL!
Also changed the DRL's to the turn signals. Might change them to the signature lighting with a voltage increase.

Thanks!!
What is signature lighting?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Thanks!!
Good luck on switching them to signature lights. There were several that I know that have tried it and never worked

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
Diode dynamics makes a replacement RGB board for those LED accent lights if you are comfortable breaking the seals on the OEM housings. I looked into them but didn’t like the colors offered. If amber was an option, I would have them installed already.

Edit: just watched the video and it looks like there is an infinite color wheel so you can select whatever color you want. Now I wish they weren’t $255 cause I think I need a set.

ce6343ad3c7eccf93877fbed6003ce29.jpg

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Diode dynamics makes a replacement board for those accent lights if you are comfortable breaking the seals on the OEM housings. I looked into them but didn’t like the colors offered. If amber was an option, I would have them installed already.

ce6343ad3c7eccf93877fbed6003ce29.jpg
Amber IS an option, if you look at their listing they allow you to set any RGBW color, so you can manually set it to amber.
1649468685632.png
I can't believe how cheap it is!!! Only $290.

Problem is, this will not work on a Limited per their faqs.
For some reason it says only Laramie, but I thought they were the same ahrdware?

-RotorDemon-

Reaction score
Good luck on switching them to signature lights. There were several that I know that have tried it and never worked
Add me to the list of not getting it to work. I can turn them on and off however nothing changes when I change the voltage or select them as the DRL.
I can say the turn signals are much brighter than they appear in the photo as a DRL!
IMG_8978.jpeg IMG_8979.jpeg

mlcarril

Reaction score
Any HELP appreciated:
Updated to 39.7, added performance and off-road pages. Made the changes via AlfaOBD. and all worked fine. Now I find Maps search is only "offline" and mic button is greyed out, along with the circle with a / though it. assist and SOS button are inactive. The Guardian account is active. I can still do remote commands, i.e. door unlock/lock, remote start and vehicle locate through the app. SiriusXM says the account is active and remotely unlocked my door. The Dealer has been trying to figure it out, but to no avail.
Anyone else have this issue after upgrade, or have any solutions?

2020 Ram Rebel 12.1 uConnect

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I mean can alpha obd make the bottom turn yellow too instead of white like I have set the top to be.
Since there are no amber led chips on the lower led board, there’s is nothing that can be done except change the led board. The upper board has a series of amber and white LEDs on the board for turn signals and signature/park lamps.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Here are the RGBW boards for the Limited, Longhorn, and TRX Rams.

titan3636

Reaction score
Since there are no amber led chips on the lower led board, there’s is nothing that can be done except change the led board. The upper board has a series of amber and white LEDs on the board for turn signals and signature/park lamps.
Ok cool thanks.
What is the “signature” option?
Is there a obd setting to keep them amber all the time? When I turn my headlights on now they change from amber back to white.

Users who are viewing this thread