5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

sppb32

Reaction score
Tailgate Ajar light stays on all the time after being enabled with AlfaOBD, does that mean i don't have the switch installed?

Andrew0429

Reaction score
Hi guys, so I tried changing the drl location to fogs today, it said process completed, I exited out of the program and turned the ignition to off and waited 5 minutes, I then tried to see if it worked and nothing, not even the usual low beam drl is active. The option is turned on in Uconnect, and I was in drive, e-brake off. Any insight would be appreciated, unless it needs more time to take effect? Thank you!
So I looked at it again today, the disabling the fog lamp dropout with high beams worked, I was able to switch it back to low beam drl no problem so it doesn’t seem to be a communication error, is there a setting I am missing that is preventing the fog lamps from turning on as DRL’s? TIA

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Tailgate Ajar light stays on all the time after being enabled with AlfaOBD, does that mean i don't have the switch installed?
Probably a good indicator. Mine works as intended.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I looked at it again today, the disabling the fog lamp dropout with high beams worked, I was able to switch it back to low beam drl no problem so it doesn’t seem to be a communication error, is there a setting I am missing that is preventing the fog lamps from turning on as DRL’s? TIA
Try changing the DRL's to the turn signals, see if that works correctly. Maybe the fogs don't like to be the DRL's, even when it's in the menu.

Andrew0429

Reaction score
Try changing the DRL's to the turn signals, see if that works correctly. Maybe the fogs don't like to be the DRL's, even when it's in the menu.
I currently do have them set to the blinker bulbs. You’re probably right about the fogs, unfortunately.

gregfl450

Reaction score
I activated my performance and offroad pages today, and was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was. I've read most of this thread, which is probably why it went well. I wasn't expecting all the features to work, but almost everything does!!! I didn't think my truck would have accelerometers, inclinometers, or timers, but it apparently does. The only think so far that isn't working is the oil temp guage on the off-road page, but it works fine on the performance page. If this is already known to be working on the 22 models, sorry for making a big deal about it, but I haven't seen anyone post about it. Attaching some pics to prove I'm not delusional - and yes I'm aware that my 0-60 time won't impress anyone!

My truck is stock, other than the 3 Alpha OBD settings to enable the pages.

Cheers,
019cae37b4cdc6b70b81c79deb9ed58b.jpg
e3996998f4de5cf965d92e7a9342e437.jpg
17125e43adfdb6bae45449879f133ce6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

sppb32

Reaction score
Probably a good indicator. Mine works as intended.
Found the problem, the tailgate sensor is on the passenger side of the tailgate, and the tailgate was not shutting completely on that side, it's like it's twisted, i tried to adjust the pin but i still have to slam it hard to get the sensor to read that the tailgate is shut, but it works now.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Found the problem, the tailgate sensor is on the passenger side of the tailgate, and the tailgate was not shutting completely on that side, it's like it's twisted, i tried to adjust the pin but i still have to slam it hard to get the sensor to read that the tailgate is shut, but it works now.

Attachments

• TSB - Tailgate adjustment.pdf
    184.3 KB · Views: 59

Rebel2022

Reaction score
I activated my performance and offroad pages today, and was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was. I've read most of this thread, which is probably why it went well. I wasn't expecting all the features to work, but almost everything does!!! I didn't think my truck would have accelerometers, inclinometers, or timers, but it apparently does. The only think so far that isn't working is the oil temp guage on the off-road page, but it works fine on the performance page. If this is already known to be working on the 22 models, sorry for making a big deal about it, but I haven't seen anyone post about it. Attaching some pics to prove I'm not delusional - and yes I'm aware that my 0-60 time won't impress anyone!

My truck is stock, other than the 3 Alpha OBD settings to enable the pages.

Cheers,
019cae37b4cdc6b70b81c79deb9ed58b.jpg
e3996998f4de5cf965d92e7a9342e437.jpg
17125e43adfdb6bae45449879f133ce6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Well shoot, now I have to go and try this!

Shawn84

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues connecting your alfaOBD since this last update?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone else having issues connecting your alfaOBD since this last update?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
I used mine for the first time couple days ago and it had an update. Worked fine for me.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used the Android app version a few days ago and it didn't want to connect. Pulled out the laptop and used hte PC version and it connected fine, then tried the app again and it finally connected with a little persuasion. What I was trying to do didn't work for me, but it did indeed connect.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm finding that mine will connect when using the android version, but it is sometimes dropping connection when I attempt to make changes. I thought it was a fluke the first time it happened, but it did the same thing again a few weeks later when trying to make changes after adding blind spot monitoring. The app also popped up on occasion saying that certain vehicle configuration changes that I selected weren't supported on my vehicle. I'm still able to get everything to work, it sometimes just takes several attempts and a little more persuasion for it to do so.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't had any issues with connection. What OBD adapter are you using? Not all play well with alfaOBD

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Haven't had any issues with connection. What OBD adapter are you using? Not all play well with alfaOBD
I'm using the cheap BAFX option. That alone could be part of my problem, but I did use it without issue at least 4 or 5 times before the update. The connectivity issues I mentioned just recently popped up. It could all be coincidental I'm really not sure. Either way, not a huge concern in my case since I've still been able to make any changes that I've needed. Just might take several attempts to do so.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm using the cheap BAFX option. That alone could be part of my problem, but I did use it without issue at least 4 or 5 times before the update. The connectivity issues I mentioned just recently popped up. It could all be coincidental I'm really not sure. Either way, not a huge concern in my case since I've still been able to make any changes that I've needed. Just might take several attempts to do so.
Hmm, same one I am using. My app is up to date. Haven't had any connection issues. It seems to take a little longer to initially connect to adapter, but has never dropped connection. I was just playing around with it Monday evening. Turning ignition on/off several times. Making several changes. Never dropped connection

MH1500

Reaction score
Just for fun I tried turning on the off road and performance pages on mine last night. It's a 2021 Laramie with the 8.4" NON-nav. It came with the off road pages on the screen in the dash with the drivetrain, steering angle, pitch and roll readouts. So the sensors must be there somewhere.

So far the pages haven't shown up under my apps on the radio. I also started getting errors saying the AEB and front and rear proximity sensors are unavailable and need service.

Guessing either its just not compatible with that radio, or there's other settings I need to track down?

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hmm, same one I am using. My app is up to date. Haven't had any connection issues. It seems to take a little longer to initially connect to adapter, but has never dropped connection. I was just playing around with it Monday evening. Turning ignition on/off several times. Making several changes. Never dropped connection
If I notice that it happens again I'll start troubleshooting. I've got a few small changes that I've been wanting to mess around with so that will give me a good opportunity to verify. Twice in a row could be a coincidence, but if it happens three straight times that will pretty much solidify that something is up.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just ordered the cable and interface off of AMAZON (thanks for posting the links, appreciate it!)
Intend to use it as most of you are using it, but I do have a question I cannot find an answer to. My search keeps coming up empty.

Would it possible to make changes to the USB configuration with the Alpha OBD? No matter which port I plug into, my Uconnect will not recognize any devices when plugged in. They will charge when plugged in, but when I try to select it as the source, nothing.
Seems it would be a simple programming change...well would HOPE it is a simple programming thing. I really do not know.
Dealer said they would need the truck to stay in for a few days to diagnose the issue. Really?

Per window sticker, the truck initially came with full media ports front and back, but after option upgrades to the package build, it deleted the "media" portion of the usb's, and every usb port in the truck is a "charge only" port.
Probably the most irritating thing about this truck. So many ports, all of them only charge...ugh...

Users who are viewing this thread