5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

Edmontonram

Reaction score
Something strange also happened to my 8.4 Nav today. Updated to Qr 39 a few days ago and enabled off-road and performance page with Alfa and today they disappeared. Haven’t gone out to the truck yet to try again with Alfa. Just found it strange that it is all gone.

Anyone have any insight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Something strange also happened to my 8.4 Nav today. Updated to Qr 39 a few days ago and enabled off-road and performance page with Alfa and today they disappeared. Haven’t gone out to the truck yet to try again with Alfa. Just found it strange that it is all gone.

Anyone have any insight?

Wonder if there was an OTA update you didn't notice and reversed your head until back to a different version

Edmontonram

Reaction score
Wonder if there was an OTA update you didn't notice and reversed your head until back to a different version

Maybe! Never thought of that.

Going to try the Qr 39.6 update again and charge up the tablet. Will report back if I find anything out.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Maybe! Never thought of that.

Going to try the Qr 39.6 update again and charge up the tablet. Will report back if I find anything out.

Check your current application version before you do that.

Edmontonram

Reaction score
So just did some checking. Application version is the same as what I installed the other day with the update.

Used Alfa to turn off - off road pages, off road capability and performance pages.

Sent two radio ECU resets

Reconnected to body module and enabled off road pages and off road capability.

Still have no off road pages are still missing. This is strange.

* Also cleared any codes in the BCM and radio. Sent two more radio ECU resets and still no luck.

4b26f11637a225eb0db1231270d39c1c.jpg

ae34f75e4aad3da96aa75b97af548de5.jpg

Last edited:

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So just did some checking. Application version is the same as what I installed the other day with the update.

Used Alfa to turn off - off road pages, off road capability and performance pages.

Reconnected to body module and enabled off road pages and off road capability.

Still have no off road pages are still missing. This is strange.

* Also cleared any codes in the BCM and radio. Sent two more radio ECU resets and still no luck.

4b26f11637a225eb0db1231270d39c1c.jpg

ae34f75e4aad3da96aa75b97af548de5.jpg

Ahh, shoot. I sent someone to you for the update and it didn't occur to me that you were in Canada. Apparently, the US and Canadian software is different. Your screen name should have tipped me off. 🙄

Edmontonram

Reaction score
Ahh, shoot. I sent someone to you for the update and it didn't occur to me that you were in Canada. Apparently, the US and Canadian software is different. Your screen name should have tipped me off.

I provided the link to them for the update. I didn’t realize there are different versions for CAN vs US. I guess we will see if it works for them or not.

Last edited:

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
I haven't tried the CAN files as of yet. I'll have to hook up on Friday and see what version I'm currently on.

WhiteKnight4x4

Reaction score
@WhiteKnight4x4 hold off on that update. It didn't occur to me that edmontonram was in Canada. That software may not be compatible with your truck, unless you're in Canada too. Sorry.
Good catch, I'm not in Canada. Don't want to risk breaking the system. Glad I haven't had a chance to dl the files yet. I wonder if a US system would install Canadian software.

Last edited:

WhiteKnight4x4

Reaction score
I’m on QR 39.62 with my 8.4 Nav unit and the Uconnect site says my truck is up to date.

A previous update had the off-road pages show up as part of the update, then a day later the radio rebooted while driving and they went away.

Now I cannot get the off-road pages to come back even using alfa.

Well, I'll check the Uconnect site and see what it says. I'm on QR34.2.

Edmontonram

Reaction score
@WhiteKnight4x4 hold off on that update. It didn't occur to me that edmontonram was in Canada. That software may not be compatible with your truck, unless you're in Canada too. Sorry.

The FCA documentation says for UCV and UAV, It states at the bottom of the page for North America - US and Canada

So it should work for everyone.

040364511792181a6ecfc4e3004d6023.jpg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Good catch, I'm not in Canada. Don't want to risk breaking the system. Glad I haven't had a chance to dl the files yet. I wonder if a US system would install Canadian software.
I highly doubt there would be a hardware difference between the two to make a difference

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Edmontonram was nice enough to share the files with me also.

@WhiteKnight4x4 no need to try and install the software. Unfortunately, It is not compatible with our trucks.

While the TSB is for North American 8.4" NAV trucks (both north and south of the border) his software update is only for the UCV (Canadian) radio units. It does not work for us Yanks with the UAV 8.4" NAV units. The filename has 'UCV' in the title but tried anyway and got the software incompatible error message.

Props to Edmontonram for being open to sharing his hookup to help the rest of us.

Hopefully it's only a matter of time before someone gets their hands on the US updates for 34.2 and 39.6 for the UAV, especially since I'm on 22.64 and am told that I'm "up-to-date".

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There really should be an AlfaOBD main thread in this forum, with sub threads for each of the items you can add/change. Searching this giant thread is becoming a pain in the ***.
This would be awesome. If nothing wlsez a comprehensive list of what all can be changed/adjusted.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This would be awesome. If nothing wlsez a comprehensive list of what all can be changed/adjusted.

Andrew0429

Reaction score
I read through about half of this thread and could not find an answer, has anyone used the obd link ex usb cable with luck? I see it listed on the alfaobd site but wanted confirmation. I don’t have an android device and would rather use the cable with my computer. I am new to the ram platform, I’m coming from VW where we had a similar software which was called VAGCOM. Thank you!
https://www.amazon.com/OBDLink-EX-F...=1644680495&sprefix=obdlink+ex,aps,234&sr=8-3

Users who are viewing this thread