5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

Edmontonram

Reaction score
Hello everyone, new guy here. I've been reading up on all the Alfaobd stuff and trying not to repost without searching first. So I picked up an MX+, Z Auto bypass module, and have Alfaobd loaded on my windows PC (Downloaded OBD link for iOS just for mobile code reading or whatever).

Question, is there a sticky to a thread with known working configurations for Alfaobd? (I have a Ram 2020 Limited).

Essentially what I'd like to be able to do:
- DRL delete -> see BCM -> Car Configuration Change -> “CBC Features - DRL Configuration”

- Having option to turn off all lights including LED strips with lights off (Some people have been posting about this asking if it is an option because apparently they are always on with ignition) -> not available/not known

- Seat belt indicator/warning turn off -> see Instrument Panel -> Program Customer Features -> Seatbelt Alert System

- Window roll down with keyfob (I think this is labelled universal window roll down) -> see Driver/Passenger door -> Window Global Down Enabled/Disabled and BCM -> Car Configuration Change -> “Doors - Global Windows Down” (sometimes it is sufficient to enable the option for door modules only, sometimes also in the BCM)

- Mileage changes -> see Instrument Panel -> Odometer correction

- DPF soot indicator on dash (Diesel version of trucks - I think the 2500/3500 version of trucks have this but not the 1500) -> not available/not known

- Regen active message for all regen cycles (Diesel version of trucks) -> not available/not known

- Mirror auto fold in on truck off -> see BCM -> Car Configuration Change -> “Doors - Folding mirrors present”/” Auto Power Folding Mirrors Present”

For the options marked “not available/not known”, this means that I have no information, maybe these options are enabled indirectly when some other option(s) enabled/disabled. Maybe they are set in the BCM internal software and not adjustable. If they can be set in the BCM configuration, to detect the right setting I can only suggest to compare the configuration of a car which have them set with the configuration of the car where you want to set these options

Those replies are from Alexey (Alfaobd).

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

This is a great list! Do you have anymore of these settings? I would love to start a list of these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustCallMeD

Reaction score
This is a great list! Do you have anymore of these settings? I would love to start a list of these.

This list is my wish list so far. I'm just getting into it now, but I'm having some issues connecting through PC to Alfaobd

This is my wish list for now, I'm still having trouble connecting through PC to Alfaobd right now. I will post an update if I get it working right.

JustCallMeD

Reaction score
I think you want to look at a Tazer DT. Has dark mode, global up down, autofold , disable seatbelt ding and in motion things alphaobd cannot do.

Ya I was considering the Tazer as well, might just spring for it to have to availability at all times to change on the fly from the EVIC...

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
Has anybody used AlfaOBD to turn on their mopar bed lights yet?
I bought the app last night and have the Bafx scanner just need to order the security gateway module.
I'm going to go ahead and install the lights so when my GWM gets here I can turn it on, but I've never used this app before so what will I need to do in order to turn the lights on?

JustCallMeD

Reaction score
Update:

figured out the connection issue and got it working.

The DRL off I have confirmed works for 2020 Ram Limited.

The seatbelt off as specified in instrument panel does not work. It says Cannot confirm, operation terminated.

Mileage change does not seem to be working yet.

Auto fold mirrors do not auto fold on truck off after setting.

Hello everyone, new guy here. I've been reading up on all the Alfaobd stuff and trying not to repost without searching first. So I picked up an MX+, Z Auto bypass module, and have Alfaobd loaded on my windows PC (Downloaded OBD link for iOS just for mobile code reading or whatever).

Question, is there a sticky to a thread with known working configurations for Alfaobd? (I have a Ram 2020 Limited).

Essentially what I'd like to be able to do:
- DRL delete -> see BCM -> Car Configuration Change -> “CBC Features - DRL Configuration”

- Having option to turn off all lights including LED strips with lights off (Some people have been posting about this asking if it is an option because apparently they are always on with ignition) -> not available/not known

- Seat belt indicator/warning turn off -> see Instrument Panel -> Program Customer Features -> Seatbelt Alert System

- Window roll down with keyfob (I think this is labelled universal window roll down) -> see Driver/Passenger door -> Window Global Down Enabled/Disabled and BCM -> Car Configuration Change -> “Doors - Global Windows Down” (sometimes it is sufficient to enable the option for door modules only, sometimes also in the BCM)

- Mileage changes -> see Instrument Panel -> Odometer correction

- DPF soot indicator on dash (Diesel version of trucks - I think the 2500/3500 version of trucks have this but not the 1500) -> not available/not known

- Regen active message for all regen cycles (Diesel version of trucks) -> not available/not known

- Mirror auto fold in on truck off -> see BCM -> Car Configuration Change -> “Doors - Folding mirrors present”/” Auto Power Folding Mirrors Present”

For the options marked “not available/not known”, this means that I have no information, maybe these options are enabled indirectly when some other option(s) enabled/disabled. Maybe they are set in the BCM internal software and not adjustable. If they can be set in the BCM configuration, to detect the right setting I can only suggest to compare the configuration of a car which have them set with the configuration of the car where you want to set these options

Those replies are from Alexey (Alfaobd).

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Has anybody used AlfaOBD to turn on their mopar bed lights yet?
I bought the app last night and have the Bafx scanner just need to order the security gateway module.
I'm going to go ahead and install the lights so when my GWM gets here I can turn it on, but I've never used this app before so what will I need to do in order to turn the lights on?
Yup. Here’s the setting:
Bed Light Switch Input Present - Pin G16: Yes

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Update:

figured out the connection issue and got it working.

The DRL off I have confirmed works for 2020 Ram Limited.

The seatbelt off as specified in instrument panel does not work. It says Cannot confirm, operation terminated.

Mileage change does not seem to be working yet.

Auto fold mirrors do not auto fold on truck off after setting.
Auto fold will not work on a ram.
Mileage correction does not work on the DT clusters yet.
Seatbelt chime is hit or miss with AlfaOBD, but that can be done with the standard procedure without AlfaOBD

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That is actually a setting I had Alexey carry over from the Jeep Grand Cherokee settings list to see if it would work. You need the windows version in advanced mode to make it show up when connected, but the setting doesn’t work. The BCM just doesn’t seem capable of broadcasting it.

RE: Power fold mirrors.

I got it to show up in the Radio but of course nothing worked.

Uk-Cowboy

Reaction score
Hi All!

I have a 5th Gen 2019 1500 Laramie that I imported to the UK. When messing with things to try and sort a lighting issue I had to make it UK legal, I managed to mess a couple of things up which I can’t seem to get back!

The keyless entry buttons on the door handles no longer work, and for some reason the tailgate doesn’t lock when locked via the key fob, however does lock if I press the remote start from the fob!

many ideas what settings I need to change?...

Thanks!!

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi All!

I have a 5th Gen 2019 1500 Laramie that I imported to the UK. When messing with things to try and sort a lighting issue I had to make it UK legal, I managed to mess a couple of things up which I can’t seem to get back!

The keyless entry buttons on the door handles no longer work, and for some reason the tailgate doesn’t lock when locked via the key fob, however does lock if I press the remote start from the fob!

many ideas what settings I need to change?...

Thanks!!
Quickest way to figure it out it to upload your bcm log to google drive and post it here. I’ll run it through WinMerge with another truck.

Uk-Cowboy

Reaction score
Quickest way to figure it out it to upload your bcm log to google drive and post it here. I’ll run it through WinMerge with another truck.
That would be amazing! Thanks. I will take a look when I can (at work atm). Thanks again

JustCallMeD

Reaction score
Thanks for the confirmation, hooefullythe auto foldcomes through without having to spring for a tazer.

I did the standard seat belt chime off option but was hoping to get the light to stay off in the cluster too...

Auto fold will not work on a ram.
Mileage correction does not work on the DT clusters yet.
Seatbelt chime is hit or miss with AlfaOBD, but that can be done with the standard procedure without AlfaOBD

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the confirmation, hooefullythe auto foldcomes through without having to spring for a tazer.

I did the standard seat belt chime off option but was hoping to get the light to stay off in the cluster too...
The auto fold will never work with the AlfaOBD and the current BCM used for Ram trucks. It just doesn’t have the capability. I know this because the only way I got auto fold to work on my 2017 is by swapping in a 2018 Grand Cherokee BCM and manually configuring it to my truck. That’s why the tazer has to remain plugged in for it to work, because it takes the fold and unfold messages, and sends them when the truck is shut off and turned on.

BGWS

Reaction score
So was trying to change tpms thresholds and when asked for my pin it gave me invalid pin drove me nuts until I contacted dealership this morning... They gave me the pin to my Cherokee that I traded in for my 2500! got new pin waiting not so patiently for a chance to see if it works.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So was trying to change tpms thresholds and when asked for my pin it gave me invalid pin drove me nuts until I contacted dealership this morning... They gave me the pin to my Cherokee that I traded in for my 2500! got new pin waiting not so patiently for a chance to see if it works.
The PIN doesn’t work, and AlfaOBD can’t reset the 5th gen/2019+ HD rf hubs. But, it’s not necessary anyway. Just change the thresholds and eventually the rf hub will automatically pick up on the new thresholds.

BGWS

Reaction score
The PIN doesn’t work, and AlfaOBD can’t reset the 5th gen/2019+ HD rf hubs. But, it’s not necessary anyway. Just change the thresholds and eventually the rf hub will automatically pick up on the new thresholds.
What if any way I can test the pin?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What if any way I can test the pin?

Sure. Many have tried. It’ll come up “failed, parameters not correct...”. The hubs need a live connection to dealer connect, which AlfaOBD can’t provide. None of this is necessary though because the rf hub will automatically recognize the threshold changes after a few drive cycles.

BGWS

Reaction score
Sure. Many have tried. It’ll come up “failed, parameters not correct...”. The hubs need a live connection to dealer connect, which AlfaOBD can’t provide. None of this is necessary though because the rf hub will automatically recognize the threshold changes after a few drive cycles.
But what about programming Fobs? Doesn't that require the 4 digit pin?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
But what about programming Fobs? Doesn't that require the 4 digit pin?

Yes, which also why AlfaOBD can not program a fob for the 5th gens/2019+ HDs. Currently, the only way to program a fob is while the hub is connected to dealer connect with a live connection and pin.

Users who are viewing this thread