5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

Kevinn

Reaction score
Alright, a lot to purchase just to disable my seatbelt alarm, but I finally got everything in the other day and tried to disable it. App connects fine, but when I select instrument panel and then DT MY2019+ powernet it gives me ECU verification failed. Continued anyways past that screen and tried to disable but it said ‘requested procedure is not supported by unit’
Tried checking connections to make sure everything was secure and did it again with the same errors. Figured maybe it was because I was using the vLink adapter that a lot of others here recommended so I brought it to a local shop I deal with who has the correct hardware/software and license to connect without having to bypass the security, and also his unit refused to connect. He’s going to contact who he needs to Monday to find out why he can’t connect, but in the meantime has anyone else had issues connecting to a 2023 with alfaobd?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Alright, a lot to purchase just to disable my seatbelt alarm, but I finally got everything in the other day and tried to disable it. App connects fine, but when I select instrument panel and then DT MY2019+ powernet it gives me ECU verification failed. Continued anyways past that screen and tried to disable but it said ‘requested procedure is not supported by unit’
Tried checking connections to make sure everything was secure and did it again with the same errors. Figured maybe it was because I was using the vLink adapter that a lot of others here recommended so I brought it to a local shop I deal with who has the correct hardware/software and license to connect without having to bypass the security, and also his unit refused to connect. He’s going to contact who he needs to Monday to find out why he can’t connect, but in the meantime has anyone else had issues connecting to a 2023 with alfaobd?
Turn on debug recording in the AlfaOBD settings. Try to connect like you normally would until you get past the ECU verification failed. Send the developer the debug log, and ask if he’ll send you an apk version in the meantime until he updates to add 2023 powernet.

Unfortunately, AlfaOBD can’t turn off the seat belt chime on the 2019+ Rams anyway.
If you don’t have the digital cluster, you can turn off the seatbelt chime using the normal seatbelt trick method.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don't think you shouldn't be trying to connect as a 2019.
Maybe try as a 2022 if 2023 isn't in Alfaobd yet ( I don't think it is yet)

1676759576162.png

Kevinn

Reaction score
I don't think you shouldn't be trying to connect as a 2019.
Maybe try as a 2022 if 2023 isn't in Alfaobd yet ( I don't think it is yet)

View attachment 152203
Thats for Body Computer, Is there also a seatbelt disable option in there?
From what I've gathered from this thread, the seatbelt chime disable is under 'Instrument Panel', not 'Body Computer', and the highest is the 2019+ option for the drop down under instrument panel.

Kevinn

Reaction score
Turn on debug recording in the AlfaOBD settings. Try to connect like you normally would until you get past the ECU verification failed. Send the developer the debug log, and ask if he’ll send you an apk version in the meantime until he updates to add 2023 powernet.

Unfortunately, AlfaOBD can’t turn off the seat belt chime on the 2019+ Rams anyway.
If you don’t have the digital cluster, you can turn off the seatbelt chime using the normal seatbelt trick method.
Ok Ill try that. Wish I knew that before buying a tablet and everything else for this. Thanks :)
I had a bunch of people in another thread made me feel crazy that I couldn't disable it with the manual sequence. Tried it 5-10 times a day (probably well over 20 times the first day) for a few days before ordering everything for alfaobd

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thats for Body Computer, Is there also a seatbelt disable option in there?
From what I've gathered from this thread, the seatbelt chime disable is under 'Instrument Panel', not 'Body Computer', and the highest is the 2019+ option for the drop down under instrument panel.
Oh sorry I didn't see that.
But like Jimmy07 said, I never knew it was an option in Alfaobd as I said earlier (I think it was a different thread). still worth having Alfaobd though.

Kevinn

Reaction score
Oh sorry I didn't see that.
But like Jimmy07 said, I never knew it was an option in Alfaobd as I said earlier (I think it was a different thread). still worth having Alfaobd though.
Yea no worries. I took a screenshot for future reference in case you ever want to do it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230218-175623_AlfaOBD.jpg
    Screenshot_20230218-175623_AlfaOBD.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 67

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yea no worries. I took a screenshot for future reference in case you ever want to do it.
The magic seatbelt shuffle worked for me so no worries :)
Ill need to go through Alfaobd one more time and look at the other modules.
I can open my Ramboxes via my phone which i think is pretty cool, I wonder what else I missed like the picture you sent.

combat grunt

Reaction score
Looking to keep my fog lights on with my brights I would just put No in under light drop out? First time doing this

Attachments

• 71A3B76F-6CA6-4C16-AD37-E4331E5856E5.jpeg
    71A3B76F-6CA6-4C16-AD37-E4331E5856E5.jpeg
    75.6 KB · Views: 35

combat grunt

Reaction score
So how do I actual make the change? Messed with it for a little while today I have my log file downloaded so do I just change the log file and upload a new file back to the truck?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So how do I actual make the change? Messed with it for a little while today I have my log file downloaded so do I just change the log file and upload a new file back to the truck?

You should also save the BCM file. There's an option in the app for it.

To make changes, you connect to a module (typically the BCM), select the Icon with the car hood open, select "Car Configuration Change." You would then select the option to change and the value.

I wouldn't be "playing around." You either use a known setting or ask.

Helps to watch a few videos on the use first.

combat grunt

Reaction score
You should also save the BCM file. There's an option in the app for it.

To make changes, you connect to a module (typically the BCM), select the Icon with the car hood open, select "Car Configuration Change." You would then select the option to change and the value.

I wouldn't be "playing around." You either use a known setting or ask.

Helps to watch a few videos on the use first.
Yeah I should have clarified I dowloaded my log etc did not mess with any settings was looking at all the options etc... Thanks I have been googling videos just got home so my laptop makes it much easier lol. DO you guys leave it all connected and just uninstall before the dealer? By that I mean leave the bypass cable in and the OBD unplugged?

Last edited:

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I should have clarified I dowloaded my log etc did not mess with any settings was looking at all the options etc... Thanks I have been googling videos just got home so my laptop makes it much easier lol. DO you guys leave it all connected and just uninstall before the dealer? By that I mean leave the bypass cable in and the OBD unplugged?
I never remove my bypass. The connector stays tucked under the floor mat.
I stay away from the dealer.

mcat79

Reaction score
I leave my OBD plugged Into the bypass cable at all times, and I’ll remove the bypass cable if I bring to the dealer. Everything remains tucked up under the dash though.

mainjet

Reaction score
I’m trying to figure out how to connect this bypass cable to my ‘23 1500.
I have this bypass cable:
252D61D2-B932-4897-8C83-72929288162D.jpeg
I have this OBD cable:
image.jpg
But when I look under the dash I don’t see anything much that looks like it fits the red cable female ends.

here are some pictures of the blocks and the OBD connector:
FED5DF71-0512-4EFF-AAA8-1893CDF6B34E.jpeg E76EFAFC-4C49-4E91-A78B-418603286627.jpeg 5B3A017B-7F26-461E-B0EA-6F3EE25B6775.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online