5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

Dantdubai

Reaction score
Hello , I am new here and I have AlfaOBD with OBDLINK MX+
Vehicle imported from USA to Dubai, can AlfaOBD modify Uconnect radio FM Frequency to tune in to EVEN FM radio stations instead of US odd frequency ? I read several threads on European forums claiming changing country code/ country of destination may do the trick? has anyone tried it? Thanks

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
Hello , I am new here and I have AlfaOBD with OBDLINK MX+
Vehicle imported from USA to Dubai, can AlfaOBD modify Uconnect radio FM Frequency to tune in to EVEN FM radio stations instead of US odd frequency ? I read several threads on European forums claiming changing country code/ country of destination may do the trick? has anyone tried it? Thanks

I maybe don't know what you mean but I am in Belgium, Europe and have no issues with FM. I can take all the radio stations I want (like in an other car or home FM radio)

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm aware of the frequency differences. Don't know the answer to your specific question, but... I believe AFC is a standard feature of all radios these days, so your radio might work anyway if you tune to nearest adjacent frequency. Have you tried it?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would rather make sure everyone that’s asking “which adapter” is aware of what each one is or isn’t capable of.
The one I get messaged about the most is “I added surround view, and I can’t connect to the CVPM to calibrate the cameras”. I ask which interface they’re using, and it’s always “I got the cheap one everyone recommended”.
Sometimes they should just buy once, cry once, so they have full capabilities, but it doesn’t have to be the expensive MX+ anymore.

So there's someone on FB claiming the vLinker MC+ is having problems with "Alpha" and the MC can access the same modules.

Any truth?

toyboy1980

Reaction score
Has anyone attempted to add the tire direction/lines to the front facing camera on a 1500 via Alfa? I know it’s been done on the HDs. I’m in a 2022 Limited with UC5.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
I followed the instuctions in this thread/post, Adding OEM Front Camera?

I don't see any specific detail on enabling the lines though, I'm curious if you enabled or plugged it into the cargo cam vs front facing as the cargo option would not require the lines.

toyboy1980

Reaction score
I followed the instuctions in this thread/post, Adding OEM Front Camera?

I don't see any specific detail on enabling the lines though, I'm curious if you enabled or plugged it into the cargo cam vs front facing as the cargo option would not require the lines.
Oh gotcha. We’re talking about two different things. You have added an aftermarket camera. I am talking about adding the dynamic tire path lines to the stock front facing camera, via a settings change in AlfaOBD.

For the record and anyone who’s reading this…I tried changing some settings yesterday in Alfa. As soon as I turned on “VehConfig 8 Off Road Camera Present”, I lost surround view immediately, and got a dedicated front camera soft button. In my 2022, there is no “CustSetMenu 3: Forward Facing Camera Gridlines CSM” option, so I was unable to make that change.

Set everything back to normal and moved on with my life. Haha.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
10-4, I'm sure there's a few differences then since yours came with the surround system.
Have you looked to see if it's an option accessible through the radio? I believe I can turn my rear on/off, seems plausible they would offer the same option for the front if it's a factory option.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
10-4, I'm sure there's a few differences then since yours came with the surround system.
Have you looked to see if it's an option accessible through the radio? I believe I can turn my rear on/off, seems plausible they would offer the same option for the front if it's a factory option.
Just to clarify, it’s not the normal gridlines. He’s referring to the yellow off-road tire track gridlines:
C5D77F83-03D4-4DEC-A1E3-046DE6E3F776.jpeg
Oh gotcha. We’re talking about two different things. You have added an aftermarket camera. I am talking about adding the dynamic tire path lines to the stock front facing camera, via a settings change in AlfaOBD.

For the record and anyone who’s reading this…I tried changing some settings yesterday in Alfa. As soon as I turned on “VehConfig 8 Off Road Camera Present”, I lost surround view immediately, and got a dedicated front camera soft button. In my 2022, there is no “CustSetMenu 3: Forward Facing Camera Gridlines CSM” option, so I was unable to make that change.

Set everything back to normal and moved on with my life. Haha.
Yeah, that feature is only on the HD CVPMs, and even then, it only works on the 2500. Same thing happens if it’s enabled on a 3500. So, it’s the vehicle line that particular setting is looking for.

toyboy1980

Reaction score
Just to clarify, it’s not the normal gridlines. He’s referring to the yellow off-road tire track gridlines:
View attachment 148458

Yeah, that feature is only on the HD CVPMs, and even then, it only works on the 2500. Same thing happens if it’s enabled on a 3500. So, it’s the vehicle line that particular setting is looking for.
Gotcha. Thanks @Jimmy07

mainjet

Reaction score
I recently bought these items for my Ford vehicles and I’m wondering if they will work for my new ‘23 RAM. I realize that I would also need to purchase the security bypass cable.
- FORScan software with extended license
- OBDLink EX FORScan OBD Adapter

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I recently bought these items for my Ford vehicles and I’m wondering if they will work for my new ‘23 RAM. I realize that I would also need to purchase the security bypass cable.
- FORScan software with extended license
- OBDLink EX FORScan OBD Adapter
Forscan is a Ford specific app, and a horrible name. Can't see how the adapter would be vehicle specific though

mainjet

Reaction score
Forscan is a Ford specific app, and a horrible name. Can't see how the adapter would be vehicle specific though
I totally hear ya on the name. I was thinking the same thing when I first heard it like what are they thinking?😂

Ok so the proper software would be? I use my laptop usually.

Users who are viewing this thread