5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

combat grunt

Reaction score
So I got all my stuff today so I can start learning this process here is what I have.

1. BOD Engineering 2018+ HD 2.0 Security Gate Bypass OBD2 Cable Compatible with Dodge Cummins RAM
2. Samsung Galaxy Tablet A7
3. OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner for iPhone, Android, and Windows
4. The subscription.

So today I went to connect it but didn't have install instructions and couldn't find it on google. So I imagine I just hook out the Blue Wire to my Green/Black board/Harness. And then connect the White one to the Gray/Clear Green Connector (Longer one in the pic) and then I assume the pictures with the dongle and yellow tape is the OBD2 connector. What this other connector for I found?

Thanks in advance. New to this forum but have been on a few others as well so just got work the count up.

Attachments

• IMG_8420 Medium.jpeg
    IMG_8420 Medium.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_8422 Medium.jpeg
    IMG_8422 Medium.jpeg
    54.1 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_8425 Medium.jpeg
    IMG_8425 Medium.jpeg
    82.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_8426 Medium.jpeg
    IMG_8426 Medium.jpeg
    50 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I got all my stuff today so I can start learning this process here is what I have.

1. BOD Engineering 2018+ HD 2.0 Security Gate Bypass OBD2 Cable Compatible with Dodge Cummins RAM
4. The subscription.

So today I went to connect it but didn't have install instructions and couldn't find it on google. So I imagine I just hook out the Blue Wire to my Green/Black board/Harness. And then connect the White one to the Gray/Clear Green Connector (Longer one in the pic) and then I assume the pictures with the dongle and yellow tape is the OBD2 connector. What this other connector for I found?

Thanks in advance. New to this forum but have been on a few others as well so just got work the count up.
Might want to post this at the HD section. That looks nothing like my 1500 DT security bypass harness.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

4. The subscription.

The stray connector is for Rambox light switch.

White/Green wire to WHITE base connector (CANBUS-IHS)
Yellow/Blue wire to BLACK base connector (CANBUS-C)
https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?...module-location-for-programmer.440/post-26099

1676165963035.png

frisby5

Reaction score
I just changed my tire size using alpha OBD and a BAFX reader and now i cant get the ABA to initialize even after i do the ecu static reset and clear rolling faults. Im getting a ABs fault and 4wheel drive disabled. Any ideas how i can fix this?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you weird never had a car with the ibd2 port so far behind the dash

The OBD2 port is right at the edge of the kick panel. The CAN bus blocks are "behind the dash."

If you pull the headlight switch panel they are easy to see.

In case anyone is wondering, the SGM on the HD's is tucked up behind the cluster so not easy to get to to use the bypass modules you're used to. Pulling the Cluster just to add/remove is a PITA so we use a cable that plugs directly into the CAN blocks.

combat grunt

Reaction score
So in order to get it to work today I had connect my Green.Purple wire to the front input and the Green/Yellow to the back as shown I was then able to get it to connect and pull my report/log. I did notice that I had fault code

"Faults found.
U0011
Error code: U0011
No code description found
Last test completed positively
Error intermittent
Failure warning lamp 'ON': Not requested

I cleared the code but not sure what it was for never had any lights on in the dash. The only thing I need to do is replace one rear park sense I do have the "Service Rear Sensor" displays when I start the truck but It didn't pull up any code besides the above unless that's it cam back on as soon as I started the truck. I was in MAR/ACC mode cleared code and then disconnected Reader and cables. Started truck and took it on a drive didn't have any issues.

Attachments

• IMG_8427 Medium.jpeg
    IMG_8427 Medium.jpeg
    69.4 KB · Views: 42

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So in order to get it to work today I had connect my Green.Purple wire to the front input and the Green/Yellow to the back as shown I was then able to get it to connect and pull my report/log. I did notice that I had fault code

"Faults found.
U0011
Error code: U0011
No code description found
Last test completed positively
Error intermittent
Failure warning lamp 'ON': Not requested

I cleared the code but not sure what it was for never had any lights on in the dash. The only thing I need to do is replace one rear park sense I do have the "Service Rear Sensor" displays when I start the truck but It didn't pull up any code besides the above unless that's it cam back on as soon as I started the truck. I was in MAR/ACC mode cleared code and then disconnected Reader and cables. Started truck and took it on a drive didn't have any issues.

"U0011-00-CAN INTERIOR BUS OFF PERFORMANCE"

Open, short, intermittent connection in the CAN bus.
My WAG is that it might have been set by you connecting and disconnecting the connectors?

combat grunt

Reaction score
So I probably didn't break anytthing then lol I just got my "Log files and looked for any codes" Yeah I googled it was a pretty vague answer even check the forums here. so must not have been epic otherwise I'm sure a light would be on knock on wood

frisby5

Reaction score
I have a issue with my truck , i am using a BAFX programmer with Alpha OBD ,i changed my tire size to 2718 for 275 65 20s it worked the first time. I took it for a drive and then i needed to make adjustments because it was still.off a little. When i did the setup and programmed i am getting a ESC error ,parking brake error and it says 4 wheel drive temporarily disabled. I cant clear the codes or errors. Any ideas or suggestions . It will take the tire size change but it wont let me initialize ABS . I have a 22 BH

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a issue with my truck , i am using a BAFX programmer with Alpha OBD ,i changed my tire size to 2718 for 275 65 20s it worked the first time. I took it for a drive and then i needed to make adjustments because it was still.off a little. When i did the setup and programmed i am getting a ESC error ,parking brake error and it says 4 wheel drive temporarily disabled. I cant clear the codes or errors. Any ideas or suggestions . It will take the tire size change but it wont let me initialize ABS . I have a 22 BH
Did you run through the complete ABS init steps as shown in the message popup?

While it could be something else, and many claim to have used them successfully, I wouldn't trust a $20 BAFX.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

While it could be something else, and many claim to have used them successfully, I wouldn't trust a $20 BAFX.
I use a $11 odb2 to BT adaptor from ebay and it has worked great the past 15 years :)

frisby5

Reaction score

Yes ,but it wont let me do the abs initialize any more its greyed out on the acreen . I can do the Ecu static and clear rolling procedures so im not sure if thats whats causing the issue . Im not getting a abs error and i did once but i was able to clear it.

frisby5

Reaction score

While it could be something else, and many claim to have used them successfully, I wouldn't trust a $20 BAfx

Where is the message popup ? I didnt see it ,i will try that see what happens .

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Where is the message popup ? I didnt see it ,i will try that see what happens .
When you select ABS Init, it just pops a message that tells you the other steps to run, I think it's just the one's you already did, but IIRC, you have to clear codes between each one. Unfortunately, AlfaOBD needs to connect to any module that has codes set to clear them.

Users who are viewing this thread