5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Добрый день или ночь! Подскажите новичку. Насколько я понимаю, двое участников написали "Ха-ха". Значит ли это, что мой вопрос смешной или ответ на него смешной? Пожалуйста, объясните, может ли AlfaOBD изменить язык моего грузовика. Благодарю вас!

Your translation called them homosexuals.

"Hi Gays"

:LOL:

You might try just using google translate.

Sesame

Reaction score
Colleagues, the last thing I wanted to do was offend anyone! I apologize! Now I understand that I started too fast... Of course, I could write through Google translator, but I am also trying to improve my English language skills by talking to you on my own - perhaps this experience will be useful to me in the future.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Colleagues, the last thing I wanted to do was offend anyone! I apologize! Now I understand that I started too fast... Of course, I could write through Google translator, but I am also trying to improve my English language skills by talking to you on my own - perhaps this experience will be useful to me in the future.

No need to apologize. I think everyone figured out that English is not your primary language and nobody was offended. You spelled AlfaOBD correctly! That's a rare occurrence on this site. :LOL:

Sesame

Reaction score
Thanks for support! However, no one ever told me if it is possible to change the language of my truck using this application. I'm sure people have tried this, based on those improvement articles I've read here.

Th8785

Reaction score
Been slowly working my way through these pages and noticed an option listed under "ibs configuration" as "minimum voltage limit:10.00 V" does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the actual charge voltage of the truck to a minimum voltage?

billybaloneey

Reaction score
Belwo response is from Alexy -- AlfaOBD support. Have not tried it yet:
""Did you activate the "VehConfig 1 - Performance Pages Present" ? Check also "VehConfig 2 - Configuration For Performance & Gear Shift Indication" and "Cust.Set.Menu 3 - RACE Performance Page CSM Present". But actually the BCM or cluster probably doesn't support the performance pages.""
Did you ever try the suggested parameter adds/changes?

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I stopped into my selling ram dealer today to inquire about the right side auto dimming mirror that my truck doesn't have. I wanted to get a part # for the actual mirror glass. They were very adamant about saying that it could not be added. I know it can be via alfaobd but I just needed to see if the mirror glass is available. I have a pretty good dealer but they were almost dead set on insisting it could not be done. With the help of a forum member whose already given me some information I'm looking to see if I can find the correct mirror

Can you get a part number off the mirror with auto-dim? Does it have the blind spot arrow on it? I just broke my passenger side mirror, so figured, if I'm getting it replaced anyways, I would make it auto-dimming.

So i know its been a few days, but i just bought a set of these and the right side (passenger mirror) with heat, dim and blind spot is

Mirror Glass - Mopar (68402094AA)​

I'm trying to find out where to wire that one to, and if it can be just wired down into the passenger door module somewhere, or if it has to be wired all the way across and tapped into the drivers mirror wires (of the mirror that already has the dimming function).

you guys find out anything else?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So i know its been a few days, but i just bought a set of these and the right side (passenger mirror) with heat, dim and blind spot is

Mirror Glass - Mopar (68402094AA)​

I'm trying to find out where to wire that one to, and if it can be just wired down into the passenger door module somewhere, or if it has to be wired all the way across and tapped into the drivers mirror wires (of the mirror that already has the dimming function).

you guys find out anything else?
Should just be able to change out the wire harness for mirror itself and plug into module in passenger door. Then enable auto-dimming passenger mirror with alfaObd

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Right now for me it’s coming down to a connector chase. But I don’t wanna hi-Jack this thread haha so I’m gonna edit the one I started and link it.

Last edited:

wacopolumbo

Reaction score
I programmed the off road and performance pages this morning. I have a ‘22 Big Horn Level 2, night edition with 8” screen. Nothing came up in the screen but I did get the pages in the driving cluster, which for me actually makes more sense. It funny because my uncle came over to watch/help me install the MOPAR Ram Airflow CAI right after I programmed it. It was cool to take it for a drive with the CAI and then have the performance pages as well. Made it feel like I was driving a muscle car, LOL.

The performance options had lap times, drag race times, g-forces, etc.

The off-road options had the two angle bubbles and suspension diagram.

It was all controlled with the steering wheel buttons. This made the whole purchase of the OBD reader, bypass cable, alfaOBD and android tablet purchase worth it!

C0F270A4-1572-4A5F-B379-3CE7D3D84142.jpeg AC938297-EF54-41DE-95B4-3C5BA1CE49F0.jpeg 10E858CA-92A4-4158-924E-51B1357E7A83.jpeg 403D1AA8-781F-4D22-B250-502095463DD2.jpeg E10254B2-F53C-4BD3-A7A3-D9A1AD8A0D97.jpeg 6B48292C-4187-4765-815B-5B9927BF4014.jpeg 52C5ADAD-192B-4615-A73D-AA345C5B92E9.jpeg 58C56243-81FF-411D-A099-C616E2D0817E.jpeg 9438C9BB-1585-4608-8C8C-7E42EE8E33B4.jpeg 81D7E889-F3B8-4B46-ACF1-8F2695DAE3F6.jpeg

Last edited:

billybaloneey

Reaction score
I have a 2022 RAM 1500 with a Uconnect 5, 12" screen...I have managed to activate AUX cameras 1 & 2...and have them working with after market cameras. The AUX cameras along with the OEM reverse camera have one thing in common when viewing on the Uconnect 5 screen...the video images will terminate after about 15-20 seconds when traveling at highway speeds...I looked for vehicle settings but found none, and have looked through the AlfaOBD settings but have found nothing to bypass the video feeds from ending. Anyone know of any AlfaOBD setting I might have over looked?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have a 2022 RAM 1500 with a Uconnect 5, 12" screen...I have managed to activate AUX cameras 1 & 2...and have them working with after market cameras. The AUX cameras along with the OEM reverse camera have one thing in common when viewing on the Uconnect 5 screen...the video images will terminate after about 15-20 seconds when traveling at highway speeds...I looked for vehicle settings but found none, and have looked through the AlfaOBD settings but have found nothing to bypass the video feeds from ending. Anyone know of any AlfaOBD setting I might have over looked?
Nope.
You can't have the cameras on when in motion.

TazerDT will at some point eventually work for the 2022s and it will have an override.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nope.
You can't have the cameras on when in motion.

TazerDT will at some point eventually work for the 2022s and it will have an override.

NAViKS should have a one-trick pony (well, cams in motion, NAV in motion, and cams with turn signal) box ready too. Pro is it doesn't plug into the OBD to run, it's a MITM that plugs into the radio module.

Triple6

Reaction score
8.4 with Nav. I had to ask someone on another forum to help with the file access. I have the files that will take you to 34.23 and then to 39.6. I am not sure if the files I have will work for any one else as I am not sure of the model of radio I have. I would be happy to share but am not taking responsibility for anyones radio that gets bricked or the update does not work.

*Files look to be for UAV and UCV radios (Nav versions)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am way behind with my truck, summer, camping and ect. Could I get the update file for the 8.4 please?

Triple6

Reaction score
Change all these:

VehConfig 1: vehicle line- DT

VehConfig 1: special package- DT base/sport/SLT+/Laramie

VehConfig 7: vehicle package- none

ECUConfig 3: Configuration Messages Status 3- Not Programmed

ECUConfig 3: surround sound feature present- no

ECUConfig 4: type of gallons- UK gallons (trust me)

CustSetMenu 1: power accessory delay CSM present- yes

Then run through and clear all faults.
I am way behind on reading through this thread so I'm not sure if anyone has asked. Why "UK Gallons"??

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I am way behind on reading through this thread so I'm not sure if anyone has asked. Why "UK Gallons"??
Most likely because of who owns the Ram brand. And the settings being more based on that.

Triple6

Reaction score
I programmed the off road and performance pages this morning. I have a ‘22 Big Horn Level 2, night edition with 8” screen. Nothing came up in the screen but I did get the pages in the driving cluster, which for me actually makes more sense. It funny because my uncle came over to watch/help me install the MOPAR Ram Airflow CAI right after I programmed it. It was cool to take it for a drive with the CAI and then have the performance pages as well. Made it feel like I was driving a muscle car, LOL.

The performance options had lap times, drag race times, g-forces, etc.

The off-road options had the two angle bubbles and suspension diagram.

It was all controlled with the steering wheel buttons. This made the whole purchase of the OBD reader, bypass cable, alfaOBD and android tablet purchase worth it!

View attachment 144634 View attachment 144635 View attachment 144636 View attachment 144637 View attachment 144638 View attachment 144639 View attachment 144640 View attachment 144641 View attachment 144642 View attachment 144643
How did you get the top speed to 119? Mine cuts out at 105.

Users who are viewing this thread