5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does anybody know if you can adjust the temperature threshold for the auto-on comfort option? I think it’s 40 and 80 by default. But this morning at 48 degrees would have been nice to turn the heater on.

I’m not sure if it can be done or what setting in AlfaOBD IT is. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to know this as well....
It can’t be changed

Ryancassidy

Reaction score
So if I'm understanding this.. the 275/65-20 I'm about to put on (2719mm). If I adjust viaa Alpha OBD, parksense may not work?

Anyone successfully done this yet and got both working?

Sorry, just dropped some cash on tires and AlphaOBd and the parts for it.. :)

FishOn

Reaction score
Apologies in advance if this is buried somewhere and I haven't uncovered it yet...

Does anyone have the steps/process for disabling the Active Grill Shutters and the Active Lower Air Dam? Removed all of this and I want to wipe them from the PCM if possible.

CoyoteJosh

Reaction score
So if I'm understanding this.. the 275/65-20 I'm about to put on (2719mm). If I adjust viaa Alpha OBD, parksense may not work?

Anyone successfully done this yet and got both working?

Sorry, just dropped some cash on tires and AlphaOBd and the parts for it.. :)

Not necessarily. I put on 275/70-18s (~2720mm), after adjusting to get the speed accurate I ended up with 2550mm. This size seems to be within the tolerance and parksense works for me.

wassim

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Alfa OBD will allow Canadian trucks to use only the accent LED lights in the headlights as daytime running lights like the American trucks can do in the settings menu?
I know it’s bit late
But yes I did on my 2019
I disabled DRL completely
Now only led accent are on

snoakes1

Reaction score
So, I have been pouring over the Alpha OBD threads. And like a few others I'm still confused. There is so much info out there and after awhile it becomes overwhelming
I'm getting the basic ideas on what to do, but nervous to try. I decided the 1st thing I'm going to try is the Tailgate Ajar setting. I have the Security gateway bypass from Infotainment and the OBDLinkMX+ and using an android Tablet with Alpha... From what I read I can plug the security bypass gateway in and leave it in unless I am taking it to the dealer. Is that correct?
Can somebody give me the specific steps for the Tailgate ajar procedures ? I think after I get one change under my belt I will feel much more confident in the next changes I want to do with the DRL and Fogs. Thank you in advance and I apologize if this is all listed somewhere in a simpler format.
Scott

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So, I have been pouring over the Alpha OBD threads. And like a few others I'm still confused. There is so much info out there and after awhile it becomes overwhelming
I'm getting the basic ideas on what to do, but nervous to try. I decided the 1st thing I'm going to try is the Tailgate Ajar setting. I have the Security gateway bypass from Infotainment and the OBDLinkMX+ and using an android Tablet with Alpha... From what I read I can plug the security bypass gateway in and leave it in unless I am taking it to the dealer. Is that correct?
Can somebody give me the specific steps for the Tailgate ajar procedures ? I think after I get one change under my belt I will feel much more confident in the next changes I want to do with the DRL and Fogs. Thank you in advance and I apologize if this is all listed somewhere in a simpler format.
Scott
I don't know about the tailgate ajar, but the bypass can stay in until you need to take it to the dealer. Mine is in so the time.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Rebelbrand

Reaction score
And that's if they are even capable. My truck came with power-folding mirrors on the window sticker, but then upgraded to the towing package with towing mirrors. I replaced the towing mirrors with standard power-folding mirrors and all the necessary hardware, but my dealer could not add the software to make it work. I had to use Alphaobd, which actually cost less than it would have to get the dealer programming, and I have more power to make other changes now.
If you still have your tow mirrors i would definitely be interested in buying them. My 2500 came with the smaller sport mirror and j caint see around my big utility trailer.

Thedanderzone

Reaction score
Hey all,

This is my first post here but I’ve been browsing the site for awhile now. I got AlfaOBD and have a few questions and a little input as well.
First, I tried to do the stand-alone accent light DRL mod and increase the voltage. However, it doesn’t appear there is a difference for me when I set it at the lowest voltage vs. the highest voltage. I’ve followed the steps in this forum a few times with no luck. I opted to enable the turn signals as my DRLs and I actually quite enjoy that. However, same thing with those as far as the voltage goes - no change (at least visible to my eye.) I haven’t found an option to increase voltage on the turn signals themselves like you supposedly can with the low and high beams.
Second, I tried to enable the mirror turn signal lights as “clearance lights” which also didn’t work the way I was expecting them to. No biggie.
Third, I noticed some posts regarding the tailgate ajar notification and my setting was disabled from factory, which I find odd but not at the same time I guess.
Lastly, I enabled the CHMSL LED bulb present feature and I still get the “no key fob detected” warning, but ONLY when I remote start and go to fully start the truck WITH my foot on the brake. I have Philips ZEVO lights for all my LEDs, including that CHMSL. I have a diode dynamics light on it’s way to hopefully prevent that.
Any other mods I should try? I already disabled the fog light drop out with success! It feels like there is so much more to this app. Eventually I’ll add in the bed lights, probably set the speedo for accuracy when I get new tires, etc.

Thanks!

ccjbmjo

Reaction score
the "Secure Gate Way" Bypass module allows you to use a conventional obd2 transciver to push codes over the network to the body controller. without the bypass, FCA ****ery locks out the end user from being able to fully access the hardware they own.

The SGW installed by FCA actually restricts write access to the bus unless it is unlocked on a per session transaction with FCA computers in corporate. Ways to bypass the SGW are to literally disconnect it and replace with a bypass plug, or to connect directly to the CAN bus before the SGW gets in the way. Before taking it back to the dealer for handling their warranty defects, reinstall their SGW in-line to make them think that their equivalent to a TSA luggage lock is doing its job and they have in fact screwed you out of third party service and repair.
Two things would you have a picture of where the gateway plugs in and also what cable you use (part number etc?)

MeyerzRam

Reaction score
Anyone turn off the eTorque auto on/off using this software?

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Two things would you have a picture of where the gateway plugs in and also what cable you use (part number etc?)
I have this bypass: https://www.infotainment.com/products/fca-security-gateway-module-bypass?variant=8775773945892

Instead of a BT connection I use this USB cable: https://www.amazon.com/ScanTool-OBDLink-USB-Professional-Diagnostics/dp/B005ZWM0R4

The security gateway is directly behind the parking brake panel:

SGW-1.jpg

If you look directly under there with a flashlight you will see the gateway and the 2 plugs you need to disconnect:

SGW-2.jpg

The 2 plugs are different sizes so you can't mix up which plug goes into each port.

bobgnarley

Reaction score
Thinking of maybe doing a lift and graduating to 35's at some point in the future. Curious to know (attempted searching, but came up short as I often do) – if I were to swap out my factory air bags for a coil setup, would I be able to deactivate the air ride system altogether using this app/interface?

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not sure how the air system ties into everything but my BCM has several air suspension options that are not activated:

Air Suspension Control Module (ASCM) has Suspension: No
Air Suspension Control Module (ASCM) has Active Damping: No
Air Suspension Functionality: Not Available
Air Suspension Warning CSM Present: No
ASCM Air Suspension Control Module: Not enabled

ccjbmjo

Reaction score
I have this bypass: https://www.infotainment.com/products/fca-security-gateway-module-bypass?variant=8775773945892

Instead of a BT connection I use this USB cable: https://www.amazon.com/ScanTool-OBDLink-USB-Professional-Diagnostics/dp/B005ZWM0R4

View attachment 76670

If you look directly under there with a flashlight you will see the gateway and the 2 plugs you need to disconnect:

View attachment 76671

The 2 plugs are different sizes so you can't mix up which plug goes into each p

View attachment 76670

View attachment 76671

The 2 plugs are different sizes so you can't mix up which plug goes into each port.
Would anyone know if the SGW is located in a different location an a 2500? I assume this is a 1500 and mine is not located in this spot.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Would anyone know if the SGW is located in a different location an a 2500? I assume this is a 1500 and mine is not located in this spot.
Yes, the HDs are located behind the instrument cluster, which has to come out to get to it. You want to use this style bypass, instead-
GQI1psU.jpg

jabowles82

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out a way to eliminate MDS with alphaobd?
I know the +/- will keep it off, but it would be nice not have to mess with it at all.

Users who are viewing this thread