5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD Known Changes 5th Gen

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yes, I can connect to the BCM and make changes. I'm trying to adjust the comfort setting temp set points, mainly so it works outside of the 40 and 80 thresholds.
I think it's your ODB2 adaptor then.
I can't connect to it either with mine, on the dash it says service shifter and abs lights up while it tries to connect.
Until Jimmy07 said it could happen I would of said it's not possible because I can't do it.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Well, maybe you guys can help someone out who DOESN'T know much about either. I posted this on the comfort settings post, but haven't received any help. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong trying to change my comfort settings temps?

I can't seem to get this process down, obviously I'm doing something wrong. I'm using the black, with red plug ends, bypass cable. I have that in place, with the MC+ into it and connected to Alfa, but it won't connect to the "comfort, seat module". It shows me a message when I try to connect to the seat module, it's the middle picture below. Then after 4 tries, it gives me the error shown on the bottom pic. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? 2024 1500 BTW.

Alfa1.JPG

Alfa2.JPG

Alfa3.JPG
Your first picture says you need an MS-CAN BLUE adapter. Could that be the problem? I've encountered that with other modules and was denied access because I don't have that adapter.

Rambiss

Reaction score
I included that message because that was too many words for me................I have no idea what a MS-CAN BLUE adapter is or how to use it. This is a 2024 that I just bought a month ago, maybe that's part of the issue?

John Jensen

Reaction score
I included that message because that was too many words for me................I have no idea what a MS-CAN BLUE adapter is or how to use it. This is a 2024 that I just bought a month ago, maybe that's part of the issue?
Or, maybe Alpha hasn't certified the 2024 requirements yet
A call or email to Alpha would answer it all.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, maybe you guys can help someone out who DOESN'T know much about either. I posted this on the comfort settings post, but haven't received any help. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong trying to change my comfort settings temps?

I can't seem to get this process down, obviously I'm doing something wrong. I'm using the black, with red plug ends, bypass cable. I have that in place, with the MC+ into it and connected to Alfa, but it won't connect to the "comfort, seat module". It shows me a message when I try to connect to the seat module, it's the middle picture below. Then after 4 tries, it gives me the error shown on the bottom pic. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? 2024 1500 BTW.

Alfa1.JPG

Alfa2.JPG

Alfa3.JPG
Send a debug log to the developer. I believe there’s an issue with the android version because I can connect to it with windows version, but not android.
If using an OBDLink MX+, MX, EX, or vLinker MC+, or MC, you do NOT need the blue adapter.
Any other OBD interface would need a blue adapter to connect to this module, and any other module that has this symbol :
IMG_0624.jpeg

John Jensen

Reaction score
Jimmy,
Thanks for the info.
I use the OBDLink MX+ and I cannot connect using my Android Galaxy S24 Ultra to any module that has the Blue adapter message. I also have the Windows program and the EX. I'll try that next time.
Cheers, thanks for your expertise on these forums, much appreciated

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Send a debug log to the developer. I believe there’s an issue with the android version because I can connect to it with windows version, but not android.
If using an OBDLink MX+, MX, EX, or vLinker MC+, or MC, you do NOT need the blue adapter.
Any other OBD interface would need a blue adapter to connect to this module, and any other module that has this symbol :
View attachment 182350
Do you know if we can use the Windows version if we own the Android version?
I assume not from what I can read.

I wonder if I can test it on the free version, just need to find a craptop with bluetooth lying around.

Edit: never mind I see it, they do not share a license.

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Do you know if we can use the Windows version if we own the Android version?
I assume not from what I can read.

I wonder if I can test it on the free version, just need to find a craptop with bluetooth lying around.

Edit: never mind I see it, they do not share a license.

Contact the author and you can get a 50% discount on the 2nd platform license.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 182350

I have the same issue with my HD but still haven't gotten around to checking with Windows. I was going to adjust the heat/cool remote start temps.

Rambiss

Reaction score
I will run/save the log as soon as I get some time and send it off to Alfa...................I guess we'll see. At least you guys helped enough to ensure me that I'm not totally stupid at this.

Rambiss

Reaction score
View attachment 182350
I emailed Alfa and I have to admit, I didn't really like the answer. Out of everything they could have said, they told me it might be an issue with the CSWM. I'll paste the email below. I might try to pull the battery as directed, when I get the time.

Email conversation:

The problem is not with the Alfa, are you sure that the CSWM module is installed? If yes there must be an issue with it. Try to disconnect the battery for a few minutes, maybe it resets the module.

Regards,

Alexey

Sent: Friday, May 3, 2024 9:06 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Tech Help - 2024 Ram 1500 can't connect to

What do we need to do to get Alfa to work then?

Randy

Get Outlook for Android

Sent: Friday, May 3, 2024 11:00:37 AM
To: Certified . <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: Tech Help - 2024 Ram 1500 can't connect to

That means that the CSWM module either not present on the car or it doesn’t respond to the diagnostic initialization command

Regards,

Alexey

Sent: Friday, May 3, 2024 8:22 PM

Yes, I just connected to the HVAC and radio modules.

Randy

Get Outlook for Android

Sent: Friday, May 3, 2024 10:13:21 AM
To: Certified . <certified@

Can you connect to other modules on the middle-speed CAN, like HVAC, radio, etc?

Regards,

Alexey

Sent: Friday, May 3, 2024 8:00 PM

I never looked in those settings. I just got done going into the options page to check/change it. It was not checked when I went into the option page…………I attached a screenshot, just to ensure it’s setup how you’re asking.

Randy

[email protected] <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, May 3, 2024 9:53 AM

Check that the “Use blue adapter with OBDLink…” option is disabled in the app options.

Regards,

Alexey Chernikov

AlfaOBD

Sent: Friday, May 3, 2024 7:09 PM
Subject: Tech Help - 2024 Ram 1500 can't connect to

Jimmy07 from 5thGenRams forum suggested I bring an issue up to you. I have the MC+ adapter and it’s plugged into the Chrysler 12+8 bypass cable. I was trying to change the “comfort setpoints” that are located “comfort, seat, steering wheel module” but it won’t connect. Jimmy thinks this is a bug in the Alfa software though, as he’s sure the MC+ adapter DOESN’T require the “Blue Adapter”. I’ve pasted screenshots of the process and error messages below. Can you please take a look at this and let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions.

Randy

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I emailed Alfa and I have to admit, I didn't really like the answer. Out of everything they could have said, they told me it might be an issue with the CSWM. I'll paste the email below. I might try to pull the battery as directed, when I get the time.

Email conversation:

The problem is not with the Alfa, are you sure that the CSWM module is installed? If yes there must be an issue with it. Try to disconnect the battery for a few minutes, maybe it resets the module.

Regards,

Alexey

Sent: Friday, May 3, 2024 9:06 PM

What do we need to do to get Alfa to work then?

Randy

Get Outlook for Android

Sent: Friday, May 3, 2024 11:00:37 AM
To: Certified . <[email protected]>

That means that the CSWM module either not present on the car or it doesn’t respond to the diagnostic initialization command

Regards,

Alexey

Sent: Friday, May 3, 2024 8:22 PM

Yes, I just connected to the HVAC and radio modules.

Randy

Get Outlook for Android

Sent: Friday, May 3, 2024 10:13:21 AM

Can you connect to other modules on the middle-speed CAN, like HVAC, radio, etc?

Regards,

Alexey

Sent: Friday, May 3, 2024 8:00 PM

I never looked in those settings. I just got done going into the options page to check/change it. It was not checked when I went into the option page…………I attached a screenshot, just to ensure it’s setup how you’re asking.

Randy

[email protected] <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, May 3, 2024 9:53 AM

Check that the “Use blue adapter with OBDLink…” option is disabled in the app options.

Regards,

Alexey Chernikov

AlfaOBD

Sent: Friday, May 3, 2024 7:09 PM
Subject: Tech Help - 2024 Ram 1500 can't connect to

Jimmy07 from 5thGenRams forum suggested I bring an issue up to you. I have the MC+ adapter and it’s plugged into the Chrysler 12+8 bypass cable. I was trying to change the “comfort setpoints” that are located “comfort, seat, steering wheel module” but it won’t connect. Jimmy thinks this is a bug in the Alfa software though, as he’s sure the MC+ adapter DOESN’T require the “Blue Adapter”. I’ve pasted screenshots of the process and error messages below. Can you please take a look at this and let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions.

Randy
Maybe one of these needs to be changed?
This is what my app defaults to, I dont have an MX or vlinker though.
Screenshot_20240507_132952.jpg Screenshot_20240507_133015.jpg

amaliks

Reaction score
Looking for guidance on following, nothing major but more related to brain itch

1. Speed radar flash at 140KM, setting cruise at 140KM triggers almost all of them. Setting at 138KM solves the problem. Local UAE Ram has following set under vehconfig 8, i changed it from 0% to 3% considering 138KM is within same bracket and it starts throwing yellow lights for ACC, cruise and FCW. Any other setting or explanation

VehConfig 8: Speedometer Tolerance: 3%

2. Both keyfobs work intermittently while pressing the lock button on handle and same intermittent behavior while unlock. I have to keep the key close to handle to lock/unlock. Any direction to improve the situation.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Alfa1.JPG

Alfa2.JPG

Alfa3.JPG
I see the problem now, and I didn’t pay attention to it before-
It’s not “Comfort” you select, it’s “Driver Seat”. Then select heated seats 2013+.
I just updated both my windows and android versions, and they both connect on both my trucks (DT 1500 and 2500).

Users who are viewing this thread